Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(MERGED) Joe Gibbs says Trotter given permission to be traded

Zen-like Todd

They won't get rid of Trotter unless they have a viable back up plan. To me, Keith Mitchell is sort of getting to that magic age, and I'm not sure if he can handle being a starter. If this is true, they are definetly trading him for a draft pick or picks. Unless, there's someone still left out there that can fill the void.

If they let go of Trotter, they CAN'T get rid of Lavar. We'd end up having two rookies and a player just reaching his prime starting at linebacker. I agree that the linebackers and schemes would make up for the lack of a dominant d-line. But if get rid of ALL our linebackers, then, well, you do the math.

wtf?

i don't know what the coaching staff saw that made them make this decision...but i thought he got a raw deal the past few years..... first year, everyone on the D was lost at first when the D came around he got hurt...last year MLB's best frieds DL were awful and he came back of a major surgery. Thought he needed one more year to show his worth.

He looked very excited when Gibbs was hired...he was one few current skins that showed up in the press conference...man, wonder what happen?

Well, Trotter is definitely better than nothing which is what the Giants have right now at MLB. But I don't see an inter-division trade being made. Plus, I haven't read where the Giants are interested.

Does it lay a time table down when they want this to be done? If it can be done after the draft, the Giants may have a lot more cap room at that time.

why they were looking at mike barrow initially, not sure why though...i dont think the age or the speed is much different. borrow may be a better tackler...trott is solid though when he's on his game...he just started getting back to form towards the end of the season...from that injury the season prior..

...but he(barrow) was asking too much. I remember an article on washingtonpost.com where trotter said he expected to be playing as a redskins this season but you never know.

Ya we won't get anything for Trotter. This decision has to be based, at least in part if not in whole, on salary cap implications. In my opinion he will probably be cut if we can' t find a trade partner. I'm sure most teams know this and won't offer us anythingn.

I guess Greg Williams wants to do more than just run his MLB at the LOS which is the way most here say Trotter is most effective. Personally Ive never thought he was the sharpest tool in the shed but he plays hard and was a heck of a player for the Feebles. No tears here though...Ive developed no attachment to him as a player in his short stint as a Skin.

Hail Skins.

Wow. That's some heavy stuff. I would have thought Trotter would make a good run stuffer for the middle. I can only guess they want to get younger and faster there as well. Maybe they saw something in film that they realy didn't like?

This could be a "message" release. Someone on the radio said that Gibbs might send some messages early by cutting some surprise players that didn't meet expectations in the off-season in order to get his point across.

Any chance this could mean that Williams is looking at a 3-4 defense?

Old Skool...

Calm down. If Gibbs and Co see fit to trade Trotter then it is in the best intrests of the team.

I trust Joe Gibbs and Greg Williams (who know infinitly more about football than I do) to make this call. We'll be fine. His contract is pretty enormous anyway...its not like hes a bargain at his position like say Patrick Ramsey or Fred Smoot.

Speaking of Smoot...could this be paving the way for a long term extension before the season ends and his price skyrockets? That would be ideal.

Hail Skins.

Archived