Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

W/ TO and meeshawn in the division...

StevieInferior

i dont think just the fact that TO and K. Johnson is in the division should effect FO's pick in the draft. you need to get a player that is going to help the team the most throughout the season not when we are going againt TO and K. Johnson

Damn... thanks for that horrible reminder. I can't believe we're going to have to listen to those loudmouths 4 times a year.

We had better beat those teams... or its going to be intolerable. I can't believe the NFC East has added those two players.

I almost would prefer to pass on Warren Sapp because it might be too much.

yes there are some decent receivers in the east(dont forget we have one too) but one wr alone cant beat you and we no longer have a college level defensive scheme. plus our offense is going to keep those receivers off the field alot more then we could over the past couple of years, you know waht i mean,portis didnt only upgrade our offense.

TO still has so much left in the tank that I'm more worried about him. Key$hawn was basically benched by Gruden for not giving anything to the team...production or leadership. That's huge.

Where is the speedy WR for Dallas now?

16.jpg

hmmm, look who was giving up on plays back a few years ago.

Amen, seanskins. These players would NEVER be aloud on a Joe Gibbs team. However, coaches in the fashion of Parcells and Reid have a way of keeping these guys on the path. It scares me, quite frankly. That's 2 BIG playmakers 2 times a year. (Hold me... I'm so COLD...)

I love how all these Boys fans just assume that old Jets, Pats, etc. will simply recapture their best seasons under Parcells. What a crock.

Sorry but I don't remember Terry Glenn catching 90 balls last season. And I don't see a Pro Bowl in KJ's future.

It's like all Parcells has to do is wave his magic wand and walla, it's all good. You don't think Jon Gruden tried to light a fire under the guy? Please.

Bottom Line: Get a QB and I will worry about your receivers.

Originally posted by Chachie

Amen, seanskins. These players would NEVER be aloud on a Joe Gibbs team. However, coaches in the fashion of Parcells and Reid have a way of keeping these guys on the path. It scares me, quite frankly. That's 2 BIG playmakers 2 times a year. (Hold me... I'm so COLD...)

Gibbs has kept plenty of contentious guys in line. When has Reid shown that he can do this? Is it because he kicked Simeon Rice off the NFC Pro Bowl team?

I wouldn't call Keyshawn a big playmaker, come on.

Originally posted by ArmchairRedskin

Which WR coach? I don't think that he's ever played under John McNulty. I could be wrong......

McNulty was canned at the end of the year and Tuna brought in Todd Haley from Chicago.

Haley joined the Bears after spending six seasons with the New York Jets (1995-2000). In 1999-2000 he mentored the Jets receivers. In his first season working with the Jets receivers, Haley helped guide Keyshawn Johnson to his second consecutive Pro Bowl appearance. Johnson finished the season with 89 receptions, 1,170 receiving yards and eight touchdowns, each figure the second best single-season mark of Johnson's career and the second most catches in a season in club history. Prior to taking over wide receiver duties, Haley worked as an assistant to offensive coordinator Charlie Weis (1997-98) and helped the Jets to two 1,000 yard receivers in 1998 and Johnson's first Pro Bowl. Haley began his career with the Jets as an assistant in the scouting department in 1995, where he scouted regionally for the team and assisted in player evaluations.

And Dirk,

Its a nice addition to a team who desperately needed a possession WR who goes over the middle with a smile. Something thats been sorely lacking since the great "Playmaker" hung em up. No matter how you slice it, under Tuna and Haley, it will be better than what they had in Galloway. And after this season, keep in mind that Galloways salary and signing bonus are off the books. Another nice added bonus. He was going to get cut anyway, at least now, they get something theyve needed for a long while.

Has Keyshawn ever been that big of a factor against us?

TO is a force to be reckoned with ,but Keyshawn should not scare us.

I think the worst game I ever saw the Skins play against Dallas was when they ran reverses on us all night, and we did nothing to stop it. We knew it was coming and and could do nothing.

URRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Originally posted by ramseyskins

Gibbs has kept plenty of contentious guys in line. When has Reid shown that he can do this? Is it because he kicked Simeon Rice off the NFC Pro Bowl team?

Ask Trotter....

Instead of trying to fool myself I see the need of a S Taylor since both corners are more finesse than physical and in both cases the iggles and poke can go 3 WR with two speed guys and meshawn and TO being the big physical guy that as of now I see as a disadvantage.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

McNulty was canned at the end of the year and Tuna brought in Todd Haley from Chicago.

Haley joined the Bears after spending six seasons with the New York Jets (1995-2000). In 1999-2000 he mentored the Jets receivers. In his first season working with the Jets receivers, Haley helped guide Keyshawn Johnson to his second consecutive Pro Bowl appearance. Johnson finished the season with 89 receptions, 1,170 receiving yards and eight touchdowns, each figure the second best single-season mark of Johnson's career and the second most catches in a season in club history. Prior to taking over wide receiver duties, Haley worked as an assistant to offensive coordinator Charlie Weis (1997-98) and helped the Jets to two 1,000 yard receivers in 1998 and Johnson's first Pro Bowl. Haley began his career with the Jets as an assistant in the scouting department in 1995, where he scouted regionally for the team and assisted in player evaluations.

And Dirk,

Its a nice addition to a team who desperately needed a possession WR who goes over the middle with a smile. Something thats been sorely lacking since the great "Playmaker" hung em up. No matter how you slice it, under Tuna and Haley, it will be better than what they had in Galloway. And after this season, keep in mind that Galloways salary and signing bonus are off the books. Another nice added bonus. He was going to get cut anyway, at least now, they get something theyve needed for a long while.

That makes sense. I had no idea they replaced McNulty. It's still QC throwing to him. Wake me up when he stops throwing more INT's than TD's.

Originally posted by ArmchairRedskin

That makes sense. I had no idea they replaced McNulty. It's still QC throwing to him. Wake me up when he stops throwing more INT's than TD's.

Ok then. Dont hit your REM sleep too quickly, youll be woken up sooner than you think. QB's under Tuna make substantial strides in their 2nd full season under center. And if he doesnt, well, we may be seeing Drew Henson a lot sooner than we thought. Or Vinny T if hes brought in.

I'll be interested to see if Meshaw can control his mouth when he realises he can't fair catch Quincys punts!

Honestly, both players are a risk, their history shows that, but they have a great upside as well, hence that is why they have new teams.

Teams will always take a risk on talent, even if the player is a class A egomanic.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Ok then. Dont hit your REM sleep too quickly, youll be woken up sooner than you think. QB's under Tuna make substantial strides in their 2nd full season under center. And if he doesnt, well, we may be seeing Drew Henson a lot sooner than we thought. Or Vinny T if hes brought in.

You're telling me I should be worried about Quincy Carter? Please. I don't care who his coach his. Carter just isn't a good QB. He makes poor judgements, throws lousy balls, and is very inconsistent. Tuna can't be on the field with him to hold his hand.

Even if he could, I just don't think QC has the talent to make Keyshawn any better than he has been in the last couple of years.

Drew Henson? He's never thrown a ball in the NFL. He hardly threw the ball in college.

Testaverde? He's the Bruce Smith of QB's. What's he trying to prove still? Retire already. His best years are way behind him.

Archived