Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats your Favoirte Horror Film

wwninja420

I don't have a scariest pick being that I read a horror book about once a week so I can predict anything they put up on screen before it happens. But I do have few favorites.

The Ring

Stir of Echos

Night of the Living Dead

Poltergeist

The Shining

And on TV - FEAR on MTV. Man was that a great show.

I would agree with the Alien pick, but I think that Aliens was also scary. There are so many freaky moments in that movie, like when the Aliens are crawling in the drop ceiling about to attack, and the scene where they first discover the colonists in the boiler room. That is seriously good horror, and suspense too!

The Shining is definately another good one, even though Nicholson was borderline comic at some points, he has some genuinely great horror moments like the scene on the stairs right after his wife found what he had been writing all that time, "All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy!" In hindsight though, the Red Rum thing with the kid was irritating to me, not scary.

I don't know if you guys saw "The Others" but I did in the movie theatre. There is a scene in that movie that literally made my skin crawl. When the kids locked themselves in the cabinet, and they start to here the old lady saying just outside the cabinet "children, children, why are you hiding?" and then the cabinet door swings open. That scared the sh@t out of me! If you have seen this movie, you know what I'm talking about.

help me guys....I've forgotten the name of this movie.

Plot: Guy buys a little wooden doll, a warrior like-figure, for his girlfriend and tells her that the shopkeeper told him not to take the necklace off of the doll.

She does...it comes to life.. chases her around the house slicing her up with it's knife. She throws it in a suitcase and it cuts it's way out. She throws it in the oven....then goes back to "check" on it and it jumps out and attacks her and bites her. She then becomes possessed.

Anyone.....anyone......warrior-like doll comes to life.... anyone?

Another one....

couple buys this house....realizes a well in the basement has been bricked up. The locals tell them not to un-brick the well, which they turn around and do. Little figures appear, small demon like beings..... hide in the bookcase and whisper her name.

Lure her out of bed, trip her with string across the stairs.... drag her back into the well downstairs.

Anyone....Anyone......small demons capture woman and take her to the well in the basement.... anyone.... anyone?

Originally posted by Cskin

Another one....

couple buys this house....realizes a well in the basement has been bricked up. The locals tell them not to un-brick the well, which they turn around and do. Little figures appear, small demon like beings..... hide in the bookcase and whisper her name.

Lure her out of bed, trip her with string across the stairs.... drag her back into the well downstairs.

Anyone....Anyone......small demons capture woman and take her to the well in the basement.... anyone.... anyone?

Amittyville? or the Gate?

I think one of the scariest movies I seen was The Ring. The ending got me good. Another one was an older film called the Changeling.. creepy movie.

Originally posted by Cskin

help me guys....I've forgotten the name of this movie.

Plot: Guy buys a little wooden doll, a warrior like-figure, for his girlfriend and tells her that the shopkeeper told him not to take the necklace off of the doll.

She does...it comes to life.. chases her around the house slicing her up with it's knife. She throws it in a suitcase and it cuts it's way out. She throws it in the oven....then goes back to "check" on it and it jumps out and attacks her and bites her. She then becomes possessed.

Anyone.....anyone......warrior-like doll comes to life.... anyone?

Thats a 70's made for TV classic...'Trilogy of Terror' with Karen Black starring in 3 different stories. The one you're referring to scared the piss out of me and every other 6th grader in the country who saw it. A classic. Its available on dvd now. It was a Zuni fetish doll that terrorized her. Very scary for the time.

Glad to be of service :D

A really scary old one, 'Black Sabbath'...there's a story about a nurse coming out to a house to prepare the body of an old woman, purportedly a witch'...she steals a ring off her finger, and the rest you have to watch....

Again, gave me nightmares....very very scary.

Jaws only because its in the genre of Horror...but its a comedy to me and my fav movie of all time.....Shining is a classic scary movie and Night of the Living Dead and Texas Chainsaw if you were under 10yrs old and watching them as I was.

Archived