Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which RFA Is Most Likely To See An Offer?

JoeSkins

Tough call....McCants is big and strong and catches touchdowns.....Pierce has potential, he might just need the chance to prove himself.....Oholate played solidly last year in his first year as being a starter and is still young with potential....but I would have to go with McCants just because he caught 6 TD's last year, which sticks out....and he is big and tall and can run the slant well...

I think McCants is the most valuable. He showed a little something last season with a good sideline catch in the first Giants game and showed great hands in the red zone. Also WRs are one of those positions that teams are always on the look out. He will be a great #3 for the skins this year now that we have a well rounded offense.

Originally posted by ccableguy

iffy , mccants is the best player listed but also has the highes tender, no team will give up a number one for him.

They all have the minimum tender, which dictates that they will cost their original draft place, which would be a 5th-rounder.

Definitely McCants. He has a rare combination of size, speed and big play capability. I wouldn't be very surprized to see a team within our division or possibly even the Jets to snatch him rather quickly .

If you ask me we invested way too much time into McCants to give him the lowest tender. If Washington really wants to make sure he remains with the team why didn't they tender him at the midlevel. It would give us a chance to negotiate a longterm deal and at the same time scare of potential suitors because of the high pick they would have to surrender.

Sadly, the fact that we only offered McCants the min tender tells me he's a goner. Don't doubt for a second that the Chargers, Eagles, Jets, or Niners wouldn't love to land him. He will become a solid #2 guy eventually, and is already a tough #3 now in the mold of Ricky Proehl.

Remember, just because someone signs an offer sheet, we can still meet that offer and keep the guy. DMAC's fate as a Redskin is STILL in our control, we just don't get much is someone makes an offer our FO thinks is to high to meet. Looking at our FO history, it would seem that if we were to be outbid, our FO is DEFINITELY saying that DMAC is not worth the $ the winning team offers.

Archived