Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which RFA Is Most Likely To See An Offer?

JoeSkins

The fact that we are 3 weeks into fa and only Johnson has received an offer is an indication that none of the 4 players are marquee must have guys. It would be hard to imagine that anyone would offer much to grab Pierce who has mostly played ST's and started a handful of games in three years (none last year). Our coaches' view of him has also been demonstrated by the never ending stream of fa lb's brought in and given offers like Favors, Short, and Holdman.

How many teams are going to give millions to a safety who didn't play that great for a defense that s*cked when verteran pro-bowl safeties are out on the market as urfa's and aren't getting offers?

Frankly I find it odd that the aints offered Johnson a 4 year deal (WHY HAVEN'T WE SEEN THE DETAILS YET?) on the same day they signed Sam Gash.

The guy you would expect alot more interest in is McCants, especially given how well he does in the red zone. Maybe teams are waiting for us to use up as much cap as possible before making an offer. Still the rfa market requires you to significantly overpay to get your guy if the original team wants to keep him. Of the four, I see McCants as the guy we want to keep the most, so a team would really have to overpay. Remember, McCants already counts $620 k on the cap based on his tender. I'm not sure someone really will crazy overpay for a guy who had 27 catches, doesn't have blazing speed, and doesn't run the crispest routes. I love the guy and want to keep him and I think that we will.

Frankly I find it odd that the aints offered Johnson a 4 year deal (WHY HAVEN'T WE SEEN THE DETAILS YET?) on the same day they signed Sam Gash.

Saints make offer to Redskins FB

Saturday March 20, 2004

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-9/107977867382150.xml

Keeping to his 18-point offseason plan, Saints general manager Mickey Loomis has attempted to bolster the fullback position by offering a four-year qualifying offer to restricted free agent Bryan Johnson of the Washington Redskins.

Johnson, 6 feet 1, 245 pounds, was offered a four-year contract Friday after a day-long visit. Redskins' officials have until Friday to match or reject the offer.

Johnson was an undrafted rookie coming out of Boise State in 2001, meaning no compensation is applicable if the Redskins decline to match the offer.

On Tuesday, the Saints signed 12-year veteran free agent fullback Sam Gash to a one-year contract. At the time, Loomis said he planned to upgrade the position.

The Redskins have offered Johnson the minimum one-year tender of $628,000 for a restricted free agent. Saints officials are hoping their offer will dissuade Redskins owner Daniel Snyder from matching.

Johnson has started 25 games the past two seasons. Last season, he caught 33 passes for 314 yards. He has fewer than 10 NFL carries, none last season, according to a Saints spokesman.

Archived