Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just got back from DC.

bayougator

Hey bayougator, here is an offhand question: Do you either you or Pat have Madden 2004 and do you guys happen to play online at all? If so....maybe we could trade usernames and we could play a game one time. My username is NoCalSkins. You don't have to give me your info(like you were just dying to anyway), but if you ever get online and search for that username, throw me a challenege.....

Originally posted by bayougator

Art,

I hope you understand that that is none of my business. And not much I can say. Just remember, all that gets out to the press is not the whole truth. That's why they call them "leaks" not "bursts" Also remember that agents support many clients. Not just one. Keep that in mind. And I'm not talking about Chris!

I would love to talk to you on a PM sometime though.

No problem, BG.

Though I do want to clear one thing up. I am not a guy who's going to believe the media in general. What I do believe, however, is direct quotes attributed to a source. In this case you had Sexton on record talking to anyone who'd listen. That's not a leak. That's a story.

It wasn't the leaked cr@p that anyone was bothered by seriously. It was, however, the direct quotes from the agent that most read as from Ramsey's mind to Sexton's lips that caused the largest discontent. One day feel free to PM me. I won't bug you as I know you have a lot of PMs from others to deal with much of the time.

Cheers.

I would love to but I don't have a PS or Xbox. You should PM pitcherjlt. He's pretty good. atleat good enough to send me home crying.

Looks like the 2003 season when I play him. Pats usually out by the second half.

Who in the heck is pitcherjlt? Just some random guy that is really good at Madden? Hell, I get beat but those types every night......hahahahahahaha.

WHAT???!!!!!

You ate at the same table as OM!!! :doh:

:jk:

The point about money I believed was more that the Agent was trying to insure he still gets his cut, more than Patrick was belly aching about the money.

And nothing, NOTHING, gets past extremeskins secret agents. We have plants all over the world. The Russians couldn't get info out faster than us. ;)

Seriously glad you had a great time, and back safe. Should have stopped by Roanoke we could have gone to El Rodeo's neighbor....:boobies:

BG

According to 2004's ratings it will actually be Ramsey I think. He was up near 85 and Brunell was 82-83.

BUt it doesnt' come out until August, so let's hope by then Patrick has "blown up the spot" and is firmly on hold of the starting job.

Unlike some of the other morons on the board(notice I said other, I'm one too, on occasion) I am not pencilling in Brunell as the starter in our offensive lineups. I really wish people wouldn't do that.

JUst because it comes from the agents mouth does not mean it came from pats mind.

That is these guys jobs. To make the best situation possible for their clients. They are spin doctors. PR guys. Why is everyone suprised that his agent would play "hardball" with a very good client.

All pat wanted is to have a clear idea of what was going to happen. And some straight answers. This was the best way to get them. Was anyone hurt? Did it make the team better? Did it fuel the competition? Did it layout pats options? YES to ALL

Yeah yeah, ok... let's move on from the whole Patrick/agent thing. It's been run into the ground. Pat seems like a standup guy, and until I see reason to believe otherwise, I'm going with his public statements over some Lenny the Hutt BS.

Now, in more important news.... Patrick must be ecstatic about having Clinton Portis in the backfield. Just that threat alone will go a long way towards keeping Patrick's jersey clean this year, not to mention the Bugel/Gibbs protection schemes.

BG,

Thanks for your input, it is much appriciated

My personal conspiracy theory. The quote below has Kleinsasser written all over it. Snyder and Sexton just needed to provide us with a little distraction while they worked out a deal before other team had a chance.

I hope you understand that that is none of my business. And not much I can say. Just remember, all that gets out to the press is not the whole truth. That's why they call them "leaks" not "bursts" Also remember that agents support many clients. Not just one. Keep that in mind. And I'm not talking about Chris!

BG

You'll find that on this and another board or two there were what I call "Pat's Partisans" who held to this belief. One reason I felt OK about it was because Sexton was re-quoted for a more recent article but hasn't actually said anything for awhile now.

Us Partisans believed that Pat, not having experience with Gibbs, had the right to question what his place was going to be in light of the transaction bringing Brunell here.

But that's the difference between being patient and letting things unfold and having faith in what Patrick and Gibbs AND Brunell have all said about the situation and being an impulsive hothead who wants to trade away anyone and everyone AND BASH THEM while doing it.

Bayou, I had to do this. It doesn't pertain to all the agent talk, but I just had to. I know it's kind of cheesy, but I also don't care. I'm Pat's #1 fan, and I've been on board since we've drafted him. I had to share this picture of me that got in the Washington Post, straight representin your boy.

I28558-2003Sep04

Washington Post Metro section after NY Jets game

Our whole tailgating posse, the Dead Tree Crew is definitely down with Mr. Ramsey, and not to be jerks, but we are rooting for our boy to start over Brunell.

Keep on keepin' on through the trials and tribs Ramseys!

JUst because it comes from the agents mouth does not mean it came from pats mind.

That is these guys jobs. To make the best situation possible for their clients. They are spin doctors. PR guys. Why is everyone suprised that his agent would play "hardball" with a very good client.

All pat wanted is to have a clear idea of what was going to happen. And some straight answers. This was the best way to get them. Was anyone hurt? Did it make the team better? Did it fuel the competition? Did it layout pats options? YES to ALL

All water under the bridge to me..what you say makes sense.

I'm hoping Gibbs has really convinced Patrick that it will be an open competition because I trust Gibbs and I do believe him. Granted, the odds are a little stacked in Brunells favor but only in years not Money.

Snyder could care less who JG starts. That's a total plus for Patrick. Heck Snyder probably is rooting for Patrick, he drafted him.

For the record I'm rooting for Patrick 100% If he wants to stay a Skin..Brunell would be a great backup..IMHO. ;)

BG

I was wondering...Do you have any knowledge on what you "might have heard" about what Joe Gibbs "could" be doing on the offensive side of the ball this year?

Lets pretend this is Madden....(know what I mean?)

Are there any guys you would sign out of free agency?

Offense or defense? Any particular formations you would like to create in Madden?

Would there be a particular guy in NCAA that you "might" want to export into Madden to Draft in the 1st....

Catch my drift....?Love having you back bro...!

Good to hear from you bayou. I was beginning to get worried that you might not be posting because something was happening that might lead Patrick out of DC. My bad. :gus:

Good to know Om might have a flaw or two to balance out his brilliant mind and awsome posts. :laugh:

Hope Om and Blade didn't stick you with the check there bayou

:jk:

You tell Patrick that I think he not only can but will be the starting QB in 2004

I know Brunell is a good QB, but I just feel like injuries may have taken a toll upon him the last 3 years or so and that it could catch up with him, and that Patrick more than has the skills to lead the Redskins

Bayougator...........always a special honour for us to have you aboard sharing your thoughts. A big thanks from Canada!

Hopefully your comments in this thread will shut up once and for all the Pat-haters/trolls who often times make an appearance on the site and take cheapshots at him. I wonder where they are right now? They must be hiding.

:)

Archived