Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just got back from DC.

bayougator

Hey guys!

I just got back from DC. Really got back Thursday but this is the first chance I have gotten to sit at the computer.

I just want to comment first about my dinner with Blade and OM and their wives. Wonderful time. For those of you that have not gotten to meet them in person or have been hampered in you conversations with them over this board, I just want to tell you how much you've missed out. These are four wonderful people and awsome dinner companions. I must comment on OM's driving capabilities.

They were flexable to my hectic schedule and there was never a dull moment. I fully enjoyed myself as we closed down the joint. We are lucky to have to people with their character ( and their woman that run the roosts) with us on this board.

I am looking forward to aur next outing all ready!!

Now to some Skins news.

Wed. night Pat and I were surfing through the site. He was struck by two things.

1) How the hell did yall know that he had lunch with Gibbs that day. We were looking through and he couldn't believe the thread that was talking about that. When it had just happened 3-4 hrs before. It was a very productive meeting. Lets just put it this way. If Pat performs best on the practice field he will play on SUn. Not that there was any question on that.

Yes Pat has said he fully expects to be the starter come opening day!! Because he knows he can win it!!!!

words from his mouth. And I asked if I could quote him on that.

Which brings us to the second thing.

2) He couldn't believe that everyone thought he should be given the starting job, or it was about money. Why do yall think that? Because you heard some ESPN announcer say that.

This is not true because it goes against all that pat does in his life. I promise, he would sit my son if there was someone that could do a better job!! That's saying alot.

He just wanted to know that he definitely had a FAIR shot at being the starter. Needing to win by 1% not 15% or 20%.

And it has nothing to do with how much money the skins pay him. So all of you that say the skins should throw a little up front money at him can stop.

He will win the job and earn his insentive money.

LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!!!

WB! i'm jealous of your trip east. while the sunshine in socal is nice, i sure do miss the east coast.

good to hear it was a good meeting, and that patrick is excited for the competition. funny about that lunch. i think someone on another board saw him there with gibbs and posted it there (CPND?).

BG,

I have a question for you and I've never asked you a question, so I won't abuse the insight you may have. Patrick was in the Carribean and his agent was squeaking at Lenny the Hut. Most of us took that to be direction from Ramsey as to how he wanted his side presented once the Brunell deal was "official".

Is that the case? If so, it doesn't completely jibe with what you've said here. I mean, Sexton was going off half-****ed AFTER the Gibbs lunch with Ramsey that helped convince him he would have a legitimate option to start.

If Sexton did it kind of on his own, what does Patrick think of that action which has had a clear impact on the fan base and how they view Patrick's desire to compete.

Thanks for the report Bayou!

My only question is: if this is how PR feels, and I absolutely accept your word that it is, why is his agent Sexton making all of these direct quotes in the media about trades and the mess there's going to be?

Originally posted by thinker

My only question is: if this is how PR feels, and I absolutely accept your word that it is, why is his agent Sexton making all of these direct quotes in the media about trades and the mess there's going to be?

Because his agent wants to make money too.

Don't they usually get some sort of percentage fo the players earnings and/or signing bonus?

Hey BG... remember when my one and only annoying comment a few months back to Pat was about working on his play-action fakes? That goes double now that Portis is here. Ok, I'll shut up again now for another few months. :D

Although I'm quite interested in the response to Art's question. :)

"It's 3rd and 2 at the Redskins 45 yard line... Coles split wide to the right, Kleinsasser in motion to the left. Back goes Ramsey, he fakes a handoff to Portis and finds a wide open Laveranues Coles streaking down the right sideline! 25, 15, 20, 5, touchdown Washington Redskins!!"

Guest 979guy

Thanks Bayou, for your post and candidness. It's really reassuring.

I always figured Om for a lousy driver. :)

But seriously, after all that's been dumped here lately, kind of staining our image of Pat (albeit those posters were a definite minority) - it's nice to know we were right, and no less - that Pat considers himself a Redskin.

Thanks again - :cheers:

Art,

I hope you understand that that is none of my business. And not much I can say. Just remember, all that gets out to the press is not the whole truth. That's why they call them "leaks" not "bursts" Also remember that agents support many clients. Not just one. Keep that in mind. And I'm not talking about Chris!

I would love to talk to you on a PM sometime though.

NoCal

He can't get into that as he says above.

PM him maybe he'll tell you. I'll refrain from doing it and assume that since I haven't heard from Sexton and that I haven't heard ANYTHING from Pat to the contrary that it's cool now.

I don't expect to hear from Sexton again.

Agents are paid to get the best situation for their clients. And players are paid to perform. And that is that.

All of you have stories about why you hate agents and lawyers (sorry agents and lawyers). Why would you expect Jimmy to be any different.

Archived