Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

skins talking to pats

bsmsss

Yeah, that's the trade that I think most of us have always suspected was a very strong possibility.

If the Lions jump back into the mix for Bailey and give us their first and second rounders, we'd be set with draft picks.

Their two first and a second are almost a perfect match in trade value for the #5 overall pick, btw.

I'd take that trade in a heart beat. 2 first round picks and a second rounder? Hell yeah. We need (in this order) DE, DL, CB, TE, S and we don't have a lot of cap room. Late first round will still have some of these available for much cheaper then a #5 and 3 picks go a lot further then 1.

If we did the Pats trade, and Detroit decided to give up their first and second rounders for Bailey, we'd have

#6 overall

#21 overall

#32 overall

#42 overall

#57 overall

That's my favorite scenario. It gives you room to go BPAish at #6, or even trade that back to 11 or so for another 2nd rounder, and pick up Udeze. Greg Jones at #21, Jake Grove at #32, Best available DT at #42, and BPA at #57.

everyone seems in favor of the skins swapping #5 for two lower first rounds

i am going to go against the grain and say, if you've got the #5 keep it -- there's a reason all those other teams are salivating at this pick

with #5 you could get - taylor, or winslow, or udeze, or harris - or even, as some seem to favor, mike williams

with two lower 1st rounds - you couldnt' get any one of these

as for me, i'd rather have one gamebreaker than 2 "solid" players

Originally posted by Henry

We pull that trade and I think I could stomach giving up our second rounder in the Bailey/Portis deal. Although a third rounder from the Pats (considering they are the last to pick) would be nice.

and would make up for the pick we give for Brunell

Archived