Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilbon says Gibbs should take Clarett

Hogwash

All I'm saying is he is way undersized, I don't care what the measurements are that are published. I saw him in an interview today....I'm 6'0" 225, there is absolutely no way he is even close to 230. I'd give him 200 at the most.

MAU-RICE!!!

MAU-RICE!!!

Y'all need to get your heads checked.

This kid led the way as a FRESHMAN to produce the ONLY team in college football history to go 14-0.

Who else dunnit?

No one whatsoever.

On top of that he's a good student and a great team player.

So, piss off.

O-H-I-O !!!

The fact that Clarett has been out of football for a year could be a good thing in the long run. It is pretty well documented of RBs running out of gas after age 30 or 8- 10 years in the league. That included 4 yours of major college football. Clarett is gonna come into the league and probably be primarily a backup for a year or two. He will then be able to carry the load for at least 10 years and possibly more because his body won't have the number of hits as some of the other RBs.

Originally posted by Hogwash

That's the most idiotic thing i've heard in a while.

I can tell that 90% of you have never seen him play.

I don't know where you get off calling him a punk kid either?

Betts couldn't wear Clarett's jock...

Timmy Smith, Earnest Byner.... okay, Clarett hasn't set foot on an NFL field yet. How do you know that he's not at that Caliber or better?

None of you have made a valid point yet.

The only thing I keep hearing is 'Punk Kid', 'I don't like him cause he's black'

And you WallyGSlice u just made a point for Clarett's case. If he were white the wouldn't be a big contraversy over him. Andy Katzemoyer had the same issuse in college and he was a first round pick without hesitation...

If you guys are gonna make an argument, you better come up with something better than that...

Please refrain from coming into every Clarett thread and hyping him up, along with calling anyone who critcizes him a "hater" or a racist, especially with the LOAD of white talent at RB, I'm sure tons of people here HATE black runningbacks.

Who are you to judge his intellegence?

He obviously had the presence of mind to get a lawyer and challenge the NFL's rules.

He's actually smart. Someone posted in another thread the he had a 3.5 GPA in high school and a 1200 SAT.

He may be intelligent, but it doesn't take brains to get a lawyer and sue anyone these days. The second there's any controversy anywhere now, within seconds you can't walk without tripping over a lawyer. They scurry like roaches to a cookiecrumb.

In fact, I'd lay ten to one odds that the lawyers contacted HIM about it in the first place.

~Bang

Yeah I doubt Clarett decided to hire anybody. "Advisors" were probably falling all over themselves to get huge P.R. and to take Clarett's future earnings.

IMO, Clarett is a good sized RB and a smart kid, but has poor judgement and a propensity for injury. Vets will be gunning for him, he'll have a media circus surrounding him all year, and he doesn't have enough college experience. There are draft picks with much less risk that we can take.

That's the most idiotic thing i've heard in a while.

I can tell that 90% of you have never seen him play.

I don't know where you get off calling him a punk kid either?

Betts couldn't wear Clarett's jock...

Timmy Smith, Earnest Byner.... okay, Clarett hasn't set foot on an NFL field yet. How do you know that he's not at that Caliber or better?

None of you have made a valid point yet.

The only thing I keep hearing is 'Punk Kid', 'I don't like him cause he's black'

And you WallyGSlice u just made a point for Clarett's case. If he were white the wouldn't be a big contraversy over him. Andy Katzemoyer had the same issuse in college and he was a first round pick without hesitation...

If you guys are gonna make an argument, you better come up with something better than that...

Congrats on one of the lowest, most idiotic posts I have ever seen on this board.

Show me one instance where someone on this board said they did not like Claret because he is black. That is complete bullsh!t. It's an insult to the good people on this board who have consistantly shown themselves NOT to be racist. I think you owe everyone an apology.

As for Claret. Anyone that thinks his one year of college football proves he has what it take to play in the NFL is a fool. Four years of college football is often not enough to make a good judegement on a player. Even if he has the talent he simple is not prepared. And as for his character, I don't know about you but I think that trying to scam insurance money by making false statements to the police does not speak well for him. Just as your wilingness to falsley accuse others of racism does not speak well for you.

It's apparent that someone here just has a thing for Clarett, when 90% of the board doesn't care for his character. I for one don't think he's ready physically(shoulder Problems) nor is he ready mentally, seems a bit immature. I for one watched him play several games this year, although impressed, I wasn't sold. He is a small back with fragile shoulders, he'll get his chance in the NFL, but not here in DC. And from listening to a few comments from Lavar and several others, he better keep his head on a swivel because they are coming for him.

You guys must have a selective memory, or something.

This is the same guy who carried Ohio State to a National Title despite a nagging shoulder injury, just last year.

He was amazing as a sophomore in the NCAA. He also got hurt playing in the NCAA. He beat a Miami team that had a bend but don't break defense and relied on outscoring the other team. Clarett has talent, nobody doubts that, but from whom did he take a hit? which great players did he run past and who in the NCAA wanted to hit him so hard that his career would end? He needs more time in college to develop and we need a running game in DC NOW. We can't wait for three years for Clarett to get an NFL running game.

Noboby is looking at the bigger picture here.

You're all talking about what is he going to do for us right now. He's young and he has infinate potential. Most of you hate him just becasue he's from Ohio State. That's a pretty ridiculous reason to dislike a player. Frankly there isn't a better RB in the draft. Most of you are judging him from what you see in highlight reels. I watch him play every week. He's the real deal.

Hogwash....you're coming off as a little biased in all of these Clarett threads.....

He doesn't have 'infinite potential' because there's no such thing. Every single draft pick is a crap shoot. The NFL roadside is littered with guys who were barn-burners in college, but who, for whatever mystical reason, never panned out in the NFL. On top of that uncertainty, the guy is clearly much more immature than many other solid players we are looking at. Surely you can see that the last thing we need is an attitude problem, head case, 'me first' player, or player who can't keep his nose clean. I'm not saying Clarett is absolutely any of those things. But you can't deny its more of an open question for him, and a risk, than with some of the more mature players we could select instead.

We have too many needs to gamble regardless of how talented he is. Its not about 'hating' Clarett, or dissing him accomplishments on the field to date. Its about common sense. He's got a lot of growing up to do, both physically and apparently, mentally. Let him do it elsewhere.

And its probably advisable to drop the racial undertones while you still can.

9 College games cannot prepare him for the NFL. And he got injured in one of those. Remember, 9 weeks of college football is like week 5 of an NFL Season. The level of play is laughable compared to the NFL. I am sure people would be gunning for him and he'd be injured early and out of football early.

Why waste a draft pick on him?

Originally posted by Raub

All I'm saying is he is way undersized, I don't care what the measurements are that are published. I saw him in an interview today....I'm 6'0" 225, there is absolutely no way he is even close to 230. I'd give him 200 at the most.

You are wrong, I saw Mo in person alittle over a month ago. His legs are f'n HUGE. He is in great shape and is probably around 235 I would say.

5'9'' 205, :lol:

Ohiostate.jpg

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyBoy

Please refrain from coming into every Clarett thread and hyping him up, along with calling anyone who critcizes him a "hater" or a racist, especially with the LOAD of white talent at RB, I'm sure tons of people here HATE black runningbacks.

Hey talk to him, he's the one that had to bring race into it. It's really pathetic that in the year 2004, we have to debate about race anytime something goes down.

He started it? You're kidding right Hogwash? Okay. Before this get's really out of hand, perhaps you might want to quote the post you are refering to. Then decribe how this person is 'saying I don't like him cause he's black'. Your words from an earlier post.

Mad Mike, Look at the post that i took the quote from if you want to see an example of the racism i brought up.

Tarhog,

Hey that's fine, to bring up the fact that it's a gamble to take ANY player in the draft , that goes with out saying. But the VAST MAJORITY of the people posting here are not judging him on his potential. They're not judging him on his talent. They're not judging him on his ability to do anything on the field.

The only thing i see is people judging him on based on the fact that he's a "kid" and he had some issuse with OSU.

THen I see other people trying to say that Joe Gibbs don't like Clarett. Oh.... so you know Gibbs? You go to his house for dinner? A lot has changed since 1992, guys. You have no idea what's goin through his mind when i comes to Clarett. I know Gibbs too and I know he's not gona pass on talent.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

He started it? You're kidding right Hogwash? Okay. Before this get's really out of hand, perhaps you might want to quote the post you are refering to. Then decribe how this person is 'saying I don't like him cause he's black'. Your words from an earlier post.

He didn't say it out right, but i grew up in a family of racists and I know what he's thinking. If he wasn't a little bit bitter about the fact that CLarett is black and he's causin all this contraversy, he would have never brought up the race card...

Sure no one said "I don't like him casue he's black" but they're thinkin it, and I just tried to let them see how ridiculous it sounded to nip it in the bud. But of course everyone's gonna call me on it... It's cool tho, take your shot, I'm not gonna cry and ***** about it.

Oh for crying out loud Hogwash. That wasn't racism in any sense of the word. Though I won't try to speak for Wally, he was directing his comments towards Wilbon, not Clarett. Cripes! You are as clouded by this as Wally accuses Wilbon of being. In no way shape or form is Wally "hatin" because clarett is black. It's obvious. Way too fast to play the race card here Hogwash and I would suggest dialing it back some.

And don't you even pretend to lecture me on racism or racists young man. I've seen and been through more of it than you'll ever know. Don't give me any of this bull**** about knowing what "they're" thinking either.No you don't. And don't sit there and tell me that you're some sort of crusader and nipping it in the bud either. That's a load of crap. This board has seen many a thread about racism and I can assure you that you won't find it here. It ain't tolerated. Now I'm strongly suggesting you let that part of the equation go. You are beginning to make serious accusations based on assumptions. And assumptions are based on what you think you know as opposed to what you actually do know.

Archived