Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilbon says Gibbs should take Clarett

Hogwash

that wilbon sounds as stupid as claurett.i dont see gibbs messing with that dude.but if he did he knows more than me. but that kid will not be ready this year.i guess he could be better than canidate.they need to get him off the roster. gibbs knows a good back when he sees one . lhe used to keep them if you look back.im not worried anymore . and as much as i cant wait for the season,every day gives gibbs time to get us right

Jesus Christ guys, get your sh*t right. First of all, he's 21 (or almost 21, they said 21 at his press conference though), 6'0" tall, and 230 pounds. It's not like he's some 5'9", 190 pound, 19 year old. He's as old as Portis was coming in. Even if those figures for his size are inflated, he's still no smaller than 5'11", 205 pounds. He carried a team to the national championship (even though Miami got shafted, but I'm a Gator, so screw 'em!) as a freshman. We should take him in the 2nd. There is a reason everyone has him as the 4th RB, and that's because he's damn good. If anyone can keep him in line it's Gibbs. He has much more upside than Greg Jones. I love how people criticize Clarett for being not durable. He may be smaller, but his injuries are nothing compared to Jones's. Mo didn't have a blown-out knee. Sure, he could boom or bust, but who isn't that the case for (other than KWII)? It could be a mistake, but it could also be the steal of the century.

Noboby is looking at the bigger picture here.

You're all talking about what is he going to do for us right now. He's young and he has infinate potential. Most of you hate him just becasue he's from Ohio State. That's a pretty ridiculous reason to dislike a player. Frankly there isn't a better RB in the draft. Most of you are judging him from what you see in highlight reels. I watch him play every week. He's the real deal.

Originally posted by dayumnuttinleft

Wilbon is a Fat (_0_) jerk, maybe the two of them can use each other, Clarett needs to workout since he's been out of football for a year and a half, and that looks like the last time Wilbon worked out...

Tha maturity of some of the people in this forum amazes me.

Excerpt from a Don Banks article on CNNSI

"He's a little guy,'' Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said Thursday morning. "I don't know how fast he is, but I do know he's a little guy. I've never even seen him on tape, but I just know that there haven't been too many little guys who made it big in the NFL at running back. You could probably count them on two hands. Remember now, Ron Dayne ran for a lot of yards in college.''

How little? Well, Ohio State listed Clarett as 6 feet, 230 pounds, but those numbers are considered laughable by NFL types, who think he's more like 5-9 ½ or 5-10, in the range of 210-215 pounds -- making him a slightly larger version of two-time Buckeyes Heisman Trophy winner Archie Griffin, who was a mediocre pro at best.

I'm not saying he's a Barry Sanders, Barry was the best ever IMO. But he's powerful, fast, agile, and he never quits on a play. He's clutch too. Look at the National Championship game in 2003, he stripped Sean Taylor after Taylor picked off a pass and was on his way to the house. Mo save that game for OSU.

I think we can all agree that at very least, Mr Clarett has serious judgement problems.

He's also been out of football for a year.

Those two factors alone will push his value down. I'd be thrilled if the Skins took him in the later rounds (4-7) but not before. You're supposed to get starters in rounds 1-3, and he's not ready to start. Let someone else get him in the weight room and in counseling for a year or two.

Actually, I wouldn't be thrilled if the Skins took him. He's just not the kind of guy I want to cheer for. He's the perfect Cowboy. We don't need any more Zellners or Kenyatta Jones or Chamberlains or Russells. And we don't need Clarett unless he's somehow magically matured in the past year -- which is extremely doubtful.

I'm not arguing he doesn't have talent -- I just don't think he's Redskins material.

I don't know what you mean by Redskins material. THe only troubles he's had are collegiate eliligibity issuses. He's never been connected with drugs, or anything. I wonder if there was this much backlash over Barry Sanders challangeing the NFL to come out early...

Originally posted by donnyg

Excerpt from a Don Banks article on CNNSI

"He's a little guy,'' Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said Thursday morning. "I don't know how fast he is, but I do know he's a little guy. I've never even seen him on tape, but I just know that there haven't been too many little guys who made it big in the NFL at running back. You could probably count them on two hands. Remember now, Ron Dayne ran for a lot of yards in college.''

How little? Well, Ohio State listed Clarett as 6 feet, 230 pounds, but those numbers are considered laughable by NFL types, who think he's more like 5-9 ½ or 5-10, in the range of 210-215 pounds

I don't really have an opinion on Clarett at this point, but the size issue that seems to be coming up is a little bit funny to me. 5-10, 215 is not cut out for the NFL? The most prolific NFL rusher of all time is 5-10 220. That also happens to be the exact size and weight of Marvin's new RB, Rudi.

There's tons of other reasons to question this guy. Size really isn't one of them.

I just love how some people on this board are ALWAYS wanting to swing for the fences with questionable attitude free agents and guys like Clarett with a mountain of baggage :)

Every Lawrence Phillips or Darrell Russell is a potential Hall of Famer that the Skins could bring in and have dominate in the NFL for us :laugh:

Every supplemental draft eligible player or guy that gets booted from his college program is misunderstood or got shafted by The Man...............

What is wrong with selecting talented football players that DON'T have these problems?

Guys that aren't 40 pounds overweight. Guys that haven't been suspended for drug abuse. Guys that weren't arrested for grand theft auto, guys that were able to finish 3 or 4 years in college without having to tear the guts out of their own programs :)

Originally posted by tenaciousd

I don't really have an opinion on Clarett at this point, but the size issue that seems to be coming up is a little bit funny to me. 5-10, 215 is not cut out for the NFL? The most prolific NFL rusher of all time is 5-10 220. That also happens to be the exact size and weight of Marvin's new RB, Rudi.

There's tons of other reasons to question this guy. Size really isn't one of them.

I think people question his durability and he is undersized compared to the average NFL back.

Clarett is not the type of player Gibbs wants. Earnest Byner, Gerald Riggs, Timmy Smith... these are the types of players who thrive in a Gibbs system not punk kids who are lightning rods. Give Betts a chance will ya Joe? Spurrier ruined Stephen Davis' averages too.

Originally posted by WallyG3Slice

Clarett is a major risk anywhere higher than the 4th round.

I guarantee Wilbon would not be saying this if Clarett were white. His tenacity to fight racism often clouds his judgement.

That's the most idiotic thing i've heard in a while.

I can tell that 90% of you have never seen him play.

I don't know where you get off calling him a punk kid either?

Betts couldn't wear Clarett's jock...

Timmy Smith, Earnest Byner.... okay, Clarett hasn't set foot on an NFL field yet. How do you know that he's not at that Caliber or better?

None of you have made a valid point yet.

The only thing I keep hearing is 'Punk Kid', 'I don't like him cause he's black'

And you WallyGSlice u just made a point for Clarett's case. If he were white the wouldn't be a big contraversy over him. Andy Katzemoyer had the same issuse in college and he was a first round pick without hesitation...

If you guys are gonna make an argument, you better come up with something better than that...

Archived