Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was that her breast? (The Official MERGED Janet Jackson Thread)

Luca Brasi

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7055467

CBS apologizes for breast-baring end to halftime show

Feb. 1, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- CBS apologized on Sunday for an unexpectedly R-rated end to its Super Bowl halftime show, when singer Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson's top, exposing her breast.

This stunt with performer Janet Jackson was not well-received by CBS or the NFL.(AP)

"CBS deeply regrets the incident," spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said after the network received several calls about the show.

The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, and at the song's finish, Timberlake reached across Jackson's leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast.

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the incident on the air.

Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, "and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom.

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show," Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. "They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

"It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

MTV issued a contrite statement, saying the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional."

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

*Wardrobe malfunction*?!? Did his hand misfunction too when he pulled the thing off?

I'd also like to apologize to everyone for the tasteless and obvious publicity stunt by Janet Jackson who, frankly, is more than a little bit of a has-been to be headlining the Super Bowl halftime.

OK, I am embarrassed to give this thread more attention than it deserves. :anon:

But I have breaking news to report. In a Zapruder-like analysis, Drudge has a close-up of the offending body part. There is no "pasty". There is just a piece of jewelry on an otherwise bare, uh, body part. Believe me, you pretty much want to take my word for it instead of looking at the nasty details.

It was definitely planned between Janet and Justin. I think everyone knows Janet a nice rack and that performance proves it.

Concerning the halftime show, it was terrible. Only Kid Rock and Justin actually sang, the others just lip-synked. If you are going to sing at the Super Bowl, sing for real and don't be fake.

Oh, does P. Diddy have any real talent? Or is he still just riding the legacy of Biggy?

Originally posted by Ghost Who Talks

The pasty doesn't even cover the nipple, it surrounds it.

My problem with this is not an accidental incident showing boobings, but the orientation of the half-time show(or parts of it) around sexuality.

Do we need a Britney style striptease at halftime?

Do we even need any halftime show? every year people complain, it messes up the field, and the 3rd quarter is always smokey. I say scrap it for some local school band, watch highlight on TV

Archived