Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Leon Searcy

Xfactor3

I think Searcy and I say what the (Andy) Heck, because that's what you'd get him for. Depth and competent veteran leadership behind your young bucks at tackle. I don't want Searcy starting over Coleman and I don't think he's as capable on the left side at guard.

we have a black hole at tackle behind the starters. our best young prospect, Brandt, is strictly an NFL center.<br /><br />this move would make good sense if for the right price.<br /><br />Searcy is a tackle, I don't see him playing inside at guard at age 32 or 33.<br /><br />Coleman is a player we should resign because he is not only our best run blocker but also versatile, being able to play both guard and tackle slots.<br /><br />Maybe the interest in Searcy is indicative of the fact Coleman may be asking for too much money and the Redskins are moving ahead to get depth at T and then acquire a replacement starting guard later on.

Remember though, we have Ross Tucker on the roster and he plays LT. I remember reading somewhere that Marty & Co. loved his intelligence and quick feet. Young kid, with grooming, could become a solid back-up.<br /><br />Additionally....what about Alex Sulfsted? Anyone know anything about him?

Well,<br /><br />If my boy Leon would like to play here for the vet minimum because he desperately wants to play for a winner I say sign him up.<br /><br />don't bet on it.<br /><br />beachfront property in montana for sale to the same folks who buy into that scheme.

Several good points here. Supposedly Coleman's knee scope went well, but who knows. And as was pointed out-we don't know is asking price. The previous staff thought that Sulfsted and Tucker had a future. Even so, we still need a veteran backup and a fall back plan in case Coleman doesn't come back. Right now, under contract we have our tackles and Brandt, Sulfsted and Tucker as backups. i am not counting anyone in the Euro-league.

Since this is generating into an OL thread, there was recent mention in a post somewhere that Marty is showing interest in Cory Raymer..... So we could indeed be left with only janson and Samuels as starters...<br /><br />Coleman made 1 mil last year. Does anyone think he wants a pay cut after the difference he made?<br /><br />I don't.

I'd like to try Searcy at guard, does anyone know if he's ever played guard before? Regardless, he'd be quality depth at tackle.<br /><br />I like Coleman, he was superb in run blocking, but weak in pass blocking. I doubt Spurrier is going to want a guard on his OL that isn't reliable when the QB drops back to pass.

Archived