Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A sign we simply don't have the right players now.

Art

Good point Art, I think some of these players are finally going to find out what having a real coach is all about. Its going to be a shock to some, and I suspect that some are not going to be around after training camp is over. The ones left will be a team.

I can't wait, its going to be fun again.

Good point Art, I think some of these players are finally going to find out what having a real coach is all about. Its going to be a shock to some, and I suspect that some are not going to be around after training camp is over. The ones left will be a team.

I can't wait, its going to be fun again.

What im looking forward to is when he makes an example out of Trotter for missing a tackle and benches his ass or when Buguel lay into Samuels when he misses an assignment or when Candidate skips through a hole instead of running through it and Gibbs has a cow benches him.

I guess what im saying is these players are finally gonna be held accountable for their actions. Gibbs will use the depth chart if he has too.

What im looking forward to is when he makes an example out of Trotter for missing a tackle and benches his ass or when Buguel lay into Samuels when he misses an assignment or when Candidate skips through a hole instead of running through it and Gibbs has a cow benches him.

I guess what im saying is these players are finally gonna be held accountable for their actions. Gibbs will use the depth chart if he has too.

These guys are young and it's sad they just don't get it. But, in their defense, they've been on a coaching merry-go-round. They haven't tasted what a winning season is all about. They're bruised and beaten and I think, although they want to win, they want to BELIEVE in Gibbs. They want to finally believe that a coach is going to come in and establish a sense of pride and spirite again. I mean, they have none of that right now. And I think it's hard for them to fathom what's about to happen to them in the coming 5 years.

I'm kind of excited about their innocence in a way. You can mold innocence into something tangible. I think we're going to see a dramatic change next year. Sure, maybe we don't go 10-6 or 9-7. Hell, maybe we don't pull out an 8-8. But, I think we're going to see a lot of children grow up to be men REAL fast. Why? Because Joe Gibbs is back. Period!

These guys are young and it's sad they just don't get it. But, in their defense, they've been on a coaching merry-go-round. They haven't tasted what a winning season is all about. They're bruised and beaten and I think, although they want to win, they want to BELIEVE in Gibbs. They want to finally believe that a coach is going to come in and establish a sense of pride and spirite again. I mean, they have none of that right now. And I think it's hard for them to fathom what's about to happen to them in the coming 5 years.

I'm kind of excited about their innocence in a way. You can mold innocence into something tangible. I think we're going to see a dramatic change next year. Sure, maybe we don't go 10-6 or 9-7. Hell, maybe we don't pull out an 8-8. But, I think we're going to see a lot of children grow up to be men REAL fast. Why? Because Joe Gibbs is back. Period!

The primary job of a head coach IS TO SHOW the team how to be a team. It is his responsibility to make the players not only give intellectual support but emotional support of 'what we do'.

It is frustrating when, as with John Jansen, you do your best (or at least believe you did) and fail. With Patrick in the interview with George Michaels, I saw the restrained excitement, an ability he must have to win a Superbowl.

The primary job of a head coach IS TO SHOW the team how to be a team. It is his responsibility to make the players not only give intellectual support but emotional support of 'what we do'.

It is frustrating when, as with John Jansen, you do your best (or at least believe you did) and fail. With Patrick in the interview with George Michaels, I saw the restrained excitement, an ability he must have to win a Superbowl.

I think Sonny the Hog has it right.

Some of these players are now shellshocked because they realize the inmates are no longer running the asylum. For a decade the players have run the place, and when the season soured it was the coaches that took the fall and not the players.

With Gibbs, all that crap is over. Once film review starts, there are going to be a bunch of players with their heads down hoping the staff isn't focusing on them up their on the screen. The Redskins problem this past decade is that they haven't been held accountable for they're laziness, freelancing, mental lapses, and overall listless play. Like Wyatt Earp said when bursting in the saloon door in Dodge Cityamidst guns shots and fights and mayhem, ...... "I'm Wyatt Earp and it all stops now!!!!!!"

As for Lavar.... he's got alot to prove regardless of the contract he just signed. His days of freelancing and scheme blaming and out of position crap are over. The first thing Greg Williams should do, with Gibbs looking over his shoulder, is to tell Lavar... "If I as much even see you THINKING about taking a chance and shucking your responsibility or being out of postion... consider yourself deactivated for the year." GOT THAT?!!!!

I think Sonny the Hog has it right.

Some of these players are now shellshocked because they realize the inmates are no longer running the asylum. For a decade the players have run the place, and when the season soured it was the coaches that took the fall and not the players.

With Gibbs, all that crap is over. Once film review starts, there are going to be a bunch of players with their heads down hoping the staff isn't focusing on them up their on the screen. The Redskins problem this past decade is that they haven't been held accountable for they're laziness, freelancing, mental lapses, and overall listless play. Like Wyatt Earp said when bursting in the saloon door in Dodge Cityamidst guns shots and fights and mayhem, ...... "I'm Wyatt Earp and it all stops now!!!!!!"

As for Lavar.... he's got alot to prove regardless of the contract he just signed. His days of freelancing and scheme blaming and out of position crap are over. The first thing Greg Williams should do, with Gibbs looking over his shoulder, is to tell Lavar... "If I as much even see you THINKING about taking a chance and shucking your responsibility or being out of postion... consider yourself deactivated for the year." GOT THAT?!!!!

warren also said that the players will either buy into ZGibb's system or they will be history. That Gibbs system doesn't revolve around stars but hard working, blue collar types. There's a new sheriff in town! The players will wake up from the misery of a 5-11 season pretty soon to the realization that cahnge is afoot and that they better adapt.

warren also said that the players will either buy into ZGibb's system or they will be history. That Gibbs system doesn't revolve around stars but hard working, blue collar types. There's a new sheriff in town! The players will wake up from the misery of a 5-11 season pretty soon to the realization that cahnge is afoot and that they better adapt.

Originally posted by fansince62

Question... is that possible? At least in a shortterm basis. I know it was very possible to cut players and so on before the salary cap, but now, you still take cap hits and while you can certainly make an example of a player like MeShawn in a year when his contract was up, Lets say LaVar doesn't "get it" as everyone puts it, what then, you can't afford to cut him, and trades in the NFL are a rarity because of the cap as well.

I'm not saying Gibbs is going to fail, I'm asking an honest question because I'm not sure how he's going to handle that.

Originally posted by fansince62

Question... is that possible? At least in a shortterm basis. I know it was very possible to cut players and so on before the salary cap, but now, you still take cap hits and while you can certainly make an example of a player like MeShawn in a year when his contract was up, Lets say LaVar doesn't "get it" as everyone puts it, what then, you can't afford to cut him, and trades in the NFL are a rarity because of the cap as well.

I'm not saying Gibbs is going to fail, I'm asking an honest question because I'm not sure how he's going to handle that.

Art: While I'm not going to argue with you about the bad attitude of some players on this team, I think you're reading too much into this.

This is all about age.

I just turned 22. I have no memory of Skins greatness that I haven't seen on ESPN Classic. My first Skins memory is of the Rypien season culminating in Gibbs' last Super Bowl - and I was 9 at the time.

The idea that at some point the NFL question of the year was "Who wins the Super Bowl next year, the 'Skins or the 'Niners?" is completely foreign to me.

And Patrick is only 3 years older than me. He was only 13 when this Gibbs left. He has said in interviews that he wasn't a big Redskins fan growing up, that he liked the Bears and liked the big-armed QBs of the day. And that was hardly the Redskins.

I guess what I'm saying is that: on a team as young as this one, where the average age on offense is 25, very few people have any concept of what Gibbs was like as a coach. Yes, they know he won more than a decade ago... but they probably just don't know what to expect in terms of how he coaches.

George Michael is psyched because he knows what to expect - he knows how great this all is. The young players for the Skins don't.

But they will soon. And it's gonna be awesome.

BD

Art: While I'm not going to argue with you about the bad attitude of some players on this team, I think you're reading too much into this.

This is all about age.

I just turned 22. I have no memory of Skins greatness that I haven't seen on ESPN Classic. My first Skins memory is of the Rypien season culminating in Gibbs' last Super Bowl - and I was 9 at the time.

The idea that at some point the NFL question of the year was "Who wins the Super Bowl next year, the 'Skins or the 'Niners?" is completely foreign to me.

And Patrick is only 3 years older than me. He was only 13 when this Gibbs left. He has said in interviews that he wasn't a big Redskins fan growing up, that he liked the Bears and liked the big-armed QBs of the day. And that was hardly the Redskins.

I guess what I'm saying is that: on a team as young as this one, where the average age on offense is 25, very few people have any concept of what Gibbs was like as a coach. Yes, they know he won more than a decade ago... but they probably just don't know what to expect in terms of how he coaches.

George Michael is psyched because he knows what to expect - he knows how great this all is. The young players for the Skins don't.

But they will soon. And it's gonna be awesome.

BD

Originally posted by toddlerdurden

I noticed the same thing with Arrington in his two interviews with ESPN yesterday (with Dan Patrick and SC and Mark Malone and NFL 2Night). Arrington seemed guarded - and rightfully so. 5 coaches in his six years as a pro. I think Spurrier had the same amount of media hype (even though the QUALITY of coverage for Joe is different) and I would actually be surprised if all of these players weren't like this.

The benefit, though? Unlike the NY Giants, who just hired a tyrant -- a coach whose former players can easily be heard as saying he was no more than two years ago a terrible coach to play for. Gibbs in Washington - even though he's won 3 Super Bowls here - gets a clean slate with the PLAYERS. He gets to pitch them on his system and he gets 3-5 years to establish a consistency that Arrington, Bailey, Smoot, Samuels, Jansen, et al have yet to benefit from.

Also keep in mind - this will be Arringtons sixth D-Coordinator in 6 years. That's ABSURD.

I noticed the same thing with LaVar. He was VERY guarded. He was saying good things but his body language said he was very unsure. LaVar is not confident that this will be a good thing.

I think he also feels that it is unfair to him that he will have yet another coach. By the way, it is his 5th HC and 5th DC in what will be his 5th year.

Originally posted by toddlerdurden

I noticed the same thing with Arrington in his two interviews with ESPN yesterday (with Dan Patrick and SC and Mark Malone and NFL 2Night). Arrington seemed guarded - and rightfully so. 5 coaches in his six years as a pro. I think Spurrier had the same amount of media hype (even though the QUALITY of coverage for Joe is different) and I would actually be surprised if all of these players weren't like this.

The benefit, though? Unlike the NY Giants, who just hired a tyrant -- a coach whose former players can easily be heard as saying he was no more than two years ago a terrible coach to play for. Gibbs in Washington - even though he's won 3 Super Bowls here - gets a clean slate with the PLAYERS. He gets to pitch them on his system and he gets 3-5 years to establish a consistency that Arrington, Bailey, Smoot, Samuels, Jansen, et al have yet to benefit from.

Also keep in mind - this will be Arringtons sixth D-Coordinator in 6 years. That's ABSURD.

I noticed the same thing with LaVar. He was VERY guarded. He was saying good things but his body language said he was very unsure. LaVar is not confident that this will be a good thing.

I think he also feels that it is unfair to him that he will have yet another coach. By the way, it is his 5th HC and 5th DC in what will be his 5th year.

Something you guys need to realize about pro athletes too... they don't usually view the sport in the same way that fans do. I know tons of MLB baseball players trough my brothers pro experience and it is a TOTALLY different view. When my brother was playing and Tommy Lasorda or Sandy Koufax was helping him during spring training, my parents and I as well as the fans were in awe, to those guys, they are just coaches, there's no magical aura about them.

The more of these guys you hand around with, you start understanding, be cause the players are not the mystical magic beings we make them out to be. They drink beer, play XBox, tell jokes and so on, just like we do.

Something you guys need to realize about pro athletes too... they don't usually view the sport in the same way that fans do. I know tons of MLB baseball players trough my brothers pro experience and it is a TOTALLY different view. When my brother was playing and Tommy Lasorda or Sandy Koufax was helping him during spring training, my parents and I as well as the fans were in awe, to those guys, they are just coaches, there's no magical aura about them.

The more of these guys you hand around with, you start understanding, be cause the players are not the mystical magic beings we make them out to be. They drink beer, play XBox, tell jokes and so on, just like we do.

Originally posted by Cskin

I could not agree more with this statement. Season after season the coaches have taken the fall for these underachieving players. That ends today...

Can you imagine Jansen writing that lames ass column of his next year, and making some veiled criticism of Gibbs like he did with SS?!!?!

The fans would run his ass out of town so fast he wouldn't know what hit him.

:laugh:

Archived