Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A sign we simply don't have the right players now.

Art

Originally posted by Cskin

Some of these players are now shellshocked because they realize the inmates are no longer running the asylum. For a decade the players have run the place, and when the season soured it was the coaches that took the fall and not the players.

I could not agree more with this statement. Season after season the coaches have taken the fall for these underachieving players. That ends today...

Can you imagine Jansen writing that lames ass column of his next year, and making some veiled criticism of Gibbs like he did with SS?!!?!

The fans would run his ass out of town so fast he wouldn't know what hit him.

:laugh:

Quite Franky, if a player has a problem with it, they can leave now. I dont care who it is and what it would cost us. Leave.

Gibbs won with guys like Milot, Olkiewics, Coleman. WRs like Sanders, Clark and Monk. But also with Virgil Seay, Charlie Brown and Alvin Garrett. Hardly HOFer material. Lavar can pack up and leave for all I care. We can find a LB who is a "Gibbs" guy that will be just as effective as Lavar is if he refuses to buy into Gibbs. OR he can do the smart thing and listen, learn and do what the coach tells him. If he does that, he may finally play to his potential.

Quite Franky, if a player has a problem with it, they can leave now. I dont care who it is and what it would cost us. Leave.

Gibbs won with guys like Milot, Olkiewics, Coleman. WRs like Sanders, Clark and Monk. But also with Virgil Seay, Charlie Brown and Alvin Garrett. Hardly HOFer material. Lavar can pack up and leave for all I care. We can find a LB who is a "Gibbs" guy that will be just as effective as Lavar is if he refuses to buy into Gibbs. OR he can do the smart thing and listen, learn and do what the coach tells him. If he does that, he may finally play to his potential.

Those of you saying the players are worried about acountability are being a little too harsh.

This is a team that was starting to grow this year under spurrier. There was a worse record, but there were things in place to build on. All these players wanted was to come in and have the same coach for the third year to give spurrier an honest shot. To the fans, it may have seemed that he'd been given his honest shot, but it is obvious that the players were caught off guard with the resignation.

I think arrington and ramsey were looking forward to year three under spurrier, and now they are in a state of flux again. Joey T tells ramsey that gibbs is a QB guru, well, Ramsey has heard that before.

This is our fifth offseason under spurrier and each offseason he makes a big splash, and this is his bigest splash yet, and with each splash the team has played worse. Guarded optimism on the part of the players should not be criticized.

-DB

Those of you saying the players are worried about acountability are being a little too harsh.

This is a team that was starting to grow this year under spurrier. There was a worse record, but there were things in place to build on. All these players wanted was to come in and have the same coach for the third year to give spurrier an honest shot. To the fans, it may have seemed that he'd been given his honest shot, but it is obvious that the players were caught off guard with the resignation.

I think arrington and ramsey were looking forward to year three under spurrier, and now they are in a state of flux again. Joey T tells ramsey that gibbs is a QB guru, well, Ramsey has heard that before.

This is our fifth offseason under spurrier and each offseason he makes a big splash, and this is his bigest splash yet, and with each splash the team has played worse. Guarded optimism on the part of the players should not be criticized.

-DB

Well thise in the club this weekend will know who JG is and hw hard is it to not know your teams history when there are three trophies in your face courtesy of J Gibbs?

As C Mann said there will be a major paradigm shift in which the talent level will change teams loaded with superstars that havent amounted to much wil now contain blue collar run through the wall types

Well thise in the club this weekend will know who JG is and hw hard is it to not know your teams history when there are three trophies in your face courtesy of J Gibbs?

As C Mann said there will be a major paradigm shift in which the talent level will change teams loaded with superstars that havent amounted to much wil now contain blue collar run through the wall types

DING DING DING!

Art, this is your finest post ever, which is saying something. I got the *exact* same feeling. It's like these guys are skeptical, secretly doubting Gibbs.... as if they have the right to do so. Players are supposed to play for coaches regardless, but this group of players seems to think that THEY are the ones who need to be mollified and made to believe. Bullsh!t. These little ****es will either play for him or be on the next train out of town. This is not the Spurrier regime where the players call the shots.

You'd think these ungrateful ****es would be happy.

DING DING DING!

Art, this is your finest post ever, which is saying something. I got the *exact* same feeling. It's like these guys are skeptical, secretly doubting Gibbs.... as if they have the right to do so. Players are supposed to play for coaches regardless, but this group of players seems to think that THEY are the ones who need to be mollified and made to believe. Bullsh!t. These little ****es will either play for him or be on the next train out of town. This is not the Spurrier regime where the players call the shots.

You'd think these ungrateful ****es would be happy.

I think we have the horses to pull this off. Ramsey and all these players only know Spurrier's coaching style. I love the fact Gibbs is an unassuming genius, that doesn't talk alot, just work shard at maximizing his talent. That in exactly what this team needs. I can see him really changing the attitude of the Redskin's players.

I think we have the horses to pull this off. Ramsey and all these players only know Spurrier's coaching style. I love the fact Gibbs is an unassuming genius, that doesn't talk alot, just work shard at maximizing his talent. That in exactly what this team needs. I can see him really changing the attitude of the Redskin's players.

In their shoes, I can see why they might want to be convinced. Face it, 2 years ago they were being told all of the same things about Spurrier, about how he was so smart and such a good coach, and everybody who had ever been a Gator was telling them how lucky they were.

And just look at how that turned out.

Now, I'm not saying that Gibbs should be compared to Spurrier, but to them, I can appreciate why they might be skeptical.

In their shoes, I can see why they might want to be convinced. Face it, 2 years ago they were being told all of the same things about Spurrier, about how he was so smart and such a good coach, and everybody who had ever been a Gator was telling them how lucky they were.

And just look at how that turned out.

Now, I'm not saying that Gibbs should be compared to Spurrier, but to them, I can appreciate why they might be skeptical.

Archived