Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

On 3/18/2024 at 9:43 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

If I were them, I would re-sign Lucas.  It wouldn't cost much, he's worked next to Cosmi, he can play virtually all the spots on the OL, and gives you another veteran.  

I'm just saying, Adam Peters and I are on the same wavelength.

Two Men Pointing GIF | GIFDB.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Oh.  Thats a low-blow analogy.  Even for Lovero. That one hurts.  

I still can’t watch Bambi. 

(goes to cry softly in a corner for the rest of the morning) 

What he hell is wrong with Loverro?!

The butcher would have sliced up Bambi's mom, not Bambi.

• Haha 4

So now we have at least a human being with a beating heart who can play LT in the case we need him to on the roster.

That's kindof a pressure valve release to an extent, but I don't think it changes the overall plan.

You draft premier positions: QB, LT, CB, WR, Edge.  They all get paid too much to go sign vets in FA.

We have 6 picks in the top 100, or something like that.  The #2 pick will be a QB.  

I would fall over dead if in the next 5 picks they don't somehow land a LT, CB, WR and Edge.  Maybe not to start right away, but a player with a lot of upside that can be a really good starter fairly soon.  

They will also draft a TE, probably 2.  But my guess is that's either with one of the later 3rd round picks or the 5th round pick.  

And don't give me the "draft best player available" jibberish.  Positional value factors into BPA. 

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

What he hell is wrong with Loverro?!

The butcher would have sliced up Bambi's mom, not Bambi.

OH THATS COLD.

(True, though).  

And yeah, that really should have been the line in the column.  Not Bambi.  Don't touch Bambi.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lucas and Wylie penciled in as LT/RT starters isn't a recipe for success, but it's not a horrendous to take into the draft. We'll definitely target the position in the draft & post-draft FA period when other players get cut, but it's not like we're dealing with absolutely nothing at the moment.

• Like 5

I'm too lazy to do the work, but I wonder what teams might have a legit starter they are planning on drafting the replacement.

I'd much rather not have to draft a LT this year, because that lump is going to crush us in 5 years.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm too lazy to do the work, but I wonder what teams might have a legit starter they are planning on drafting the replacement.

I'd much rather not have to draft a LT this year, because that lump is going to crush us in 5 years.

It's very possible our pro scouting dept has circled a few starting-caliber guys they think will become available.

Keep in mind we didn't sign Leno until May 15, 2021 - well after the draft. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Lucas and Wylie penciled in as LT/RT starters isn't a recipe for success, but it's not a horrendous to take into the draft. We'll definitely target the position in the draft & post-draft FA period when other players get cut, but it's not like we're dealing with absolutely nothing at the moment.

I’m sure come draft day will draft a right tackle

or lucus at LT wouldn’t be bad he’s always done very well, all honesty wouldn’t mind if he was our guy for just this year . Get a LT next year first round if we decide to ignore it .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So now we have at least a human being with a beating heart who can play LT in the case we need him to on the roster.

That's kindof a pressure valve release to an extent, but I don't think it changes the overall plan.

You draft premier positions: QB, LT, CB, WR, Edge.  They all get paid too much to go sign vets in FA.

We have 6 picks in the top 100, or something like that.  The #2 pick will be a QB.  

I would fall over dead if in the next 5 picks they don't somehow land a LT, CB, WR and Edge.  Maybe not to start right away, but a player with a lot of upside that can be a really good starter fairly soon.  

They will also draft a TE, probably 2.  But my guess is that's either with one of the later 3rd round picks or the 5th round pick.  

I like the approach, but I think we've brought in enough edge help already to not spend more draft resources there.  I think they still need interior OL help.  Great guards can be found in the 3rd round.  I think the LT / CB need may reduce how far we can stretch those picks.  I'm leaning towards AP trading back in the 2nd to get more picks (maybe another 3rd / 4th), but that may hurt the quality of the LT / CB prospect we're able to get. 

Not sure how he does it.... It's the only thing that still makes me nervous.  It's vital we have a quality starter protecting the rookie's blind side, and I'm not a fan of the corners we have currently.  In theory, I'd like LT, CB in the 2nd; guard, TE, WR in the 3rd.  Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it feels like we'll need to trade up to get a good LT, which I don't want to do. I dunno.

At rate we going, the 1st pick will be QB and the next pick will be Tackle.

It doesn't matter which, gotta believe they gonna draft someone that can play LT and RT if Lucas can and no one else has been signed.

Every other pick is house money BPA because of the onslaught we did in FA.  I don't care if 3rd pick is CB. Do your thing, don't reach.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Every other pick is house money BPA because of the onslaught we did in FA.  I don't care if 3rd pick is CB. Do your thing, don't reach.

This. BPA all the way after the first two picks.

• Thumb up 1

I think they'll hunt for a TE in the draft who can block & catch.

Eugene Shen talks about the value of TEs who can do both and thus disguise whether plays are run or pass, and how valuable that is. We need to find that guy assuming it's not Bates or Cole Turner. 

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Oh.  Thats a low-blow analogy.  Even for Lovero. That one hurts.  

I still can’t watch Bambi. 

(goes to cry softly in a corner for the rest of the morning) 

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm willing to bet the life of my first born son we move back into the 1st round to get a sliding OT. If we get Fanshanu and Maye, that would be a coup.

100% agree... Not only that, but i can see Peters moving back in to the top half of the first round to pick up the best available LT.. similar to what Texans did last year when they picked up Stroud at #2 and Will Anderson a few pics later.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm willing to bet the life of my first born son we move back into the 1st round to get a sliding OT. If we get Fanshanu and Maye, that would be a coup.

Does your first born son know about this???

giphy(44).gif

• Haha 16

15 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

If he can mow a lawn, I'll take that bet.

• Haha 3

The #Eagles are moving Haason Riddick’s $1M roster bonus, originally due March 15, to April 1, per sources. This in theory buys Philly time for a potential trade before having to pay the money.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

·

8m

The #Bengals are adding a key piece on their O-Line, as #Patriots free agent OT Trent Brown plans to sign a 1-year with them, source said. He’s in Cincy on a visit today. A new home protecting Joe Burrow for Brown.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:
The #Eagles are moving Haason Riddick’s $1M roster bonus, originally due March 15, to April 1, per sources. This in theory buys Philly time for a potential trade before having to pay the money.

Am I the only one to have never heard of this kind of move before...or just never paid attention? Guess they set on trading him.

Edited by Chris 44

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Am I the only one to have never heard of this kind of move before...or just never paid attention? Guess they set on trading him.

Would seem that way, such a low value too, in context to NFL contracts anyway.

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

·

8m

The #Bengals are adding a key piece on their O-Line, as #Patriots free agent OT Trent Brown plans to sign a 1-year with them, source said. He’s in Cincy on a visit today. A new home protecting Joe Burrow for Brown.

or a restructure. 

I'd LOVE to grab him. He should have been DPotY two years ago and he's been one of the best pass rushers in the league since being drafted.

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

or a restructure. 

I'd LOVE to grab him. He should have been DPotY two years ago and he's been one of the best pass rushers in the league since being drafted.

What you think it would cost?

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

What you think it would cost?

I think AP is brilliant, but if you think Reid got over on us before, Howie is the best in the league.

That said, Howie will drain someone, but not AP.

He's worth a first IMO