Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 Professional Major Leagues - Worst winning % in last 10 years.

Die Hard

18 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Why would anyone choose to be a Knicks fan?

At the time, in between the grades of 6-8 (at least from what I can remember), 99% of every male in the school was a bandwagon Lakers fan and the other 1% were Celtics fans.

And I’m a natural contrarian so I was looking to cheer for another team. Mark Jackson just won Rookie of the Year honours, and a close friend suggested the Knicks as an up-and-coming team.

And Pat Riley joined the Knicks and turned the franchise around. Ewing, Oakley, Larry Johnson, Mark Jackson, John Starks, Allen Houston, Chris Childs, etc. They were some great teams who played hard defense and won a lot.

No shame in not being able to get over the hump against the 6-time champion and the greatest player/team ever.

The Bulls/Jordan made every team in the NBA their beyotch… so unless you were a Bulls fan… it sucked.

You know how many Stanley Cups my Hasek-led Sabres would have won if it weren’t for Martin Brodeur and the NJ Devils?!?

Whats happened for the last 20 years has been a travesty of mismanagement and roster construction.

But as a Skins fan, you can relate.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, China said:

And because they managed to win a Stanley Cup with Ovechkin.

I don’t think that should give him a pass. 

once in a generation talent and all he got was 1 cup? Reminds me of Indy and Manning. 

Seems like an ownership failure to not have more than 1 appearance in the finals 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I don’t think that should give him a pass. 

once in a generation talent and all he got was 1 cup? Reminds me of Indy and Manning. 

Seems like an ownership failure to not have more than 1 appearance in the finals 

I can't say I'm at all knowledgeable about hockey, but it seems really tough. Coaches don't seem to last long with teams. Connor McDavid has only been to one conference finals so far in his career.

It did take Trotz four seasons to get the Caps over the top. But when he did, you needed to find a way to keep him just for sake of goodwill. I feel bad for Todd Reirden, who succeeded Trotz and had a couple very good regular seasons, but couldn't get it done in the playoffs.

And in a league where half the teams have made the playoffs for a long time, Ted might've done well to maybe not raise ticket prices seemingly every single season for the Caps.

And Leonsis seems to have done nothing to improve the ****show that is the Wizards.

Edited by hail2skins

Just as a general way of thinking about it -

Does it make more sense to think that Leonsis just sucks at managing a basketball team, but did a good job with the capitals

or that he sucks at owning and building sports teams, but lucked into ovechkin who managed to overcome that for exactly one season in his entire career?

how have other teams that acquired generational talent, for the persons entire career, do? Did they only appear in one finals? Doesn’t seem that way to me. Seems like when that happens, it’s considered a failure. 

Edited by tshile

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Just as a general way of thinking about it -

Does it make more sense to think that Leonsis just sucks at managing a basketball team, but did a good job with the capitals

or that he sucks at owning and building sports teams, but lucked into ovechkin who managed to overcome that for exactly one season in his entire career?

Oh, I agree with you that he lucked into Ovechkin, but I'm not saying winning the Stanley Cup made Leonsis a better owner, but the he got a pass because he won a Stanley Cup, whether he had anything to do with it or not.  And really the Caps had the talent and should have won it the year before they did.  So it wasn't just that he looked better in comparison to Snyder, but he looked better because one of his teams one a championship (despite his poor ownership).  Now that both of those things are in the rearview mirror, he won't be able to hide how bad of an owner he is.

• Like 1