1. 1. Milk of choice ?

• Whole
    • 2% or less
    • Oat
    • Almond
    • Soy
    • Other milk
    • No milk

I know this is about whole and the percentage milks, but there's a Canadian I know, and he and the people in his town are all so used to drinking chocolate milk that they all call unflavored milk "white milk". I have asked every other Canadian I know, and they say he's alone. Anyone else here who's alone together with him?

As for 2% vs. whole, I can drink either and hardly tell the difference. If I switch, I notice it for a day or two. Then it's just milk.

1% isn't milk.

5 hours ago, Dan T. said:

BTW, what's the deal with buttermilk?

Traditionally it’s what left over after turning milk into butter and letting it sit to ferment and thicken. Another of milks delicious byproducts.

Without milk we wouldn’t have cheese, whipped cream, buttermilk pancakes or buttermilk fried chicken.

Milk is such a great ingredient as is buttermilk. Nowadays buttermilk is just milk that gets fermented with the same cultures used to make yogurt. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Man, I am the opposite of most of the posters in here.  I went through 2-3 gallons of milk a week growing up by myself.  My parents had me on skim the entire time so it is what I'm used to, but anything up to 2% I can drink.

Clearly not lactose intolerant.  If the whole calcium thing isn't exaggerated, my bones are probably made of iron by this point.

As an adult, I don't drink nearly as much.  Just in coffee or an occasional shake.