Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

Boomer isn't one to throw stuff around.

Hope it happens and if not, my #1 Mike MacDonald.  Great thing about Ben Johnson is we've heard from GMFB that Fraley, his OL coach goes with him as his OC.  Makes sense because his OL play a HUGE part in his scheme.  Hogs 2.0?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FrFan said:

It's not only Keim who's reporting that, some say it's a "done deal". My question wasn't meant to be disrespectuf as you claimed, I was more concerned about the short timeline we have since we're rebuilding from ground up. Since Harris is surrounded by competent people I thought the hiring cycle would be shorter and his team would focus on fewer coaches. We're in a top position in terms of attractiveness to them, so convincing them woudn't be hard. This franchise is so appealing all across the board that I believe they could "fight" to get the jobs here. I think fwiw that Harris wanted Peters before the end of the season, and Peters wants Johnson from the get go. Nevermind :)

We can want him all we want... But he can't be hired until the Lions are out and there are other teams who will want him.

So we need to do our due diligence interviewing other candidates as well. 

• Like 4

Just now, RWJ said:

Hope it happens and if not, my #1 Mike MacDonald.  Great thing about Ben Johnson is we've heard from GMFB that Fraley, his OL coach goes with him as his OC.  Makes sense because his OL play a HUGE part in his scheme.  Hogs 2.0?

Fraley is excellent and we may lose him one day but would be excellent while here. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

Looks as if it's happening for the Chargers. Supposedly at more than $12.5 million per year but less than the $18 million he was looking for. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jim-harbaugh-has-a-deal-to-become-los-angeles-chargers-new-head-coach-per-sources/ar-BB1h9GRG?cvid=8795348f32b345f4834fdea0f5e5c37d&ei=13

>>Jim Harbaugh has a deal to become Los Angeles Chargers' new head coach, per sources<<

Really think he should have stayed at Michigan but there are reports he is bring most of the staff their with him to LA.  He wants to win a SB now that he's won a CFB championship.  I get it.  

• Like 2

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

National media has shown to be ill-informed compared to the local beats. I'll wait for Keim to say it.

Keim is great but he won't say anything til it's near official. If you've been listening he is implying he is the front runner. Ben is the guy pending anything falling through.. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Ben Johnson Mic'd Up at Last Years Senior Bowl Practice.... Conversation W/Sam Howell

Great vid!

There's no substitute to seeing a coach (or player for that matter) in action doing their job.

Johnson does something great leaders intuitively do-- he gives praise loudly for the whole team to hear and he criticizes intimately, to an audience of one.

Keeping fingers crossed that he gets the job  but I fully support whatever Adam Peters decides on.

These are great times to be a Washington football fan.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

National media has shown to be ill-informed compared to the local beats. I'll wait for Keim to say it.

JP Finlay has also said it's going to be Ben.. Do you not want Ben? 

Edited by Hitman#21

Just now, Hitman#21 said:

Fraley is excellent and we may lose him one day but would be excellent while here. 

We will but the beauty of Detroit's team is how Campbell is the leader.  Yes, he has called the OF plays but he turned it over to Johnson when Johnson was ready and he is a leader.  Leadership is what Johnson has been around and he will build the same culture here and hopefully, when Fraley moves on the next in line will be able to step up and take on Fraley's role as OC.  I hope that Johnson is able to bring more coaches from Detroit with him if he wants to.  I don't see Campbell not letting him but Campbell won't let him strip his coaching staff either. :)  

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

But he can't be hired until the Lions are out and there are other teams who will want him.

This post should be pinned and required reading to post in this thread. It is a league rule. Based on what reputable sources have said, he is the #1 option--but as Karl Marx once sang, it don't mean nothing, until they sign it on the dotted line. Assuming the Lions lose to the 9ers, I would expect Johnson to be the hire next week, but you never know. There are a lot of moving parts and influencing factors. Keim has repeatedly said nothing is done, guaranteed or anything like that. He is far more proven correct than anyone in the National windbag media.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, RWJ said:

We will but the beauty of Detroit's team is how Campbell is the leader.  Yes, he has called the OF plays but he turned it over to Johnson when Johnson was ready and he is a leader.  Leadership is what Johnson has been around and he will build the same culture here and hopefully, when Fraley moves on the next in line will be able to step up and take on Fraley's role as OC.  I hope that Johnson is able to bring more coaches from Detroit with him if he wants to.  I don't see Campbell not letting him but Campbell won't let him strip his coaching staff either. :)  

Agreed 100%

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

Keim is great but he won't say anything til it's near official. If you've been listening he is implying he is the front runner. Ben is the guy pending anything falling through.. 

This is true for the most part.  That's the one good thing about Keim that I like.  He doesn't sling crap.  He waits until it's official.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

This post should be pinned and required reading to post in this thread. It is a league rule. Based on what reputable sources have said, he is the #1 option--but as Karl Marx once sang, it don't mean nothing, until they sign it on the dotted line. Assuming the Lions lose to the 9ers, I would expect Johnson to be the hire next week, but you never know. There are a lot of moving parts and influencing factors. Keim has repeatedly said nothing is done, guaranteed or anything like that. He is far more proven correct than anyone in the National windbag media.

You're being naive.

Peters was a done deal weeks ago as is Ben Johnson. Also Bob Meyers and Spielman didn't come together the Monday they fired Ron lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Hitman#21 said:

JP Finlay has also said it's going to be Ben.. Do you not want Ben? 

Finlay has also said to "remember the name Joe Hortiz." I don't believe we even interviewed him. He also said similar things about Dan Quinn and Raheem Morris.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Finlay has also said to "remember the name Joe Hortiz." I don't believe we even interviewed him. He also said similar things about Dan Quinn and Raheem Morris.

Not going to beat a dead horse but it's Ben Johnson. We'll see next week or the Tuesday after the SB. Willing to bet my account on it..

You're being naive.

Peters was a done deal weeks ago as is Ben Johnson. Also Bob Meyers and Spielman didn't come together the Monday they fired Ron lol

He can't be naive. There is no official deal because there can't be.

Is there a deal worked out in principle with his agent? Maybe. But Carolina hasn't signed a coach yet, either. So it looks like they're hanging in and waiting, too. 

Things can change when deals are in principle. You never, ever assume in business. Ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

He can't be naive. There is no official deal because there can't be.

Is there a deal worked out in principle with his agent? Maybe. But Carolina hasn't signed a coach yet, either. So it looks like they're hanging in and waiting, too. 

Things can change when deals are in principle. You never, ever assume in business. Ever.

Whether you want to believe it or not it's done. 

Like I said either next week or the Tuesday after the SB it'll be official. 

Just now, KDawg said:

As is Atlanta. Don't count them out.

Whether you want to believe it or not it's done. 

Like I said either next week or the Tuesday after the SB it'll be official. 

This is like talking to a wall.

It's not done because it's not signed because it would be very illegal for that to be the case.

Yes, we are talking technicalities.

But technicalities are still the truth. 

• Haha 1

Just now, KDawg said:

This is like talking to a wall.

It's not done because it's not signed because it would be very illegal for that to be the case.

Yes, we are talking technicalities.

But technicalities are still the truth. 

It's done.

Idk how many timesI can say this without saying it lol.

1 minute ago, Hitman#21 said:

You're being naive.

I agree.  There was a plan by Harris, I believe and a brilliant one.  He hires Myers to help recruit Peters, check.  He hires Rick Spielman whose Brother Chris works for Detroit to get Ben Johnson.  Can't say check but I believe as you do HM21 it was a done deal when they had their virtual interview and possibly before that.  :)  

• Like 2

Just now, RWJ said:

I agree.  There was a plan by Harris, I believe and a brilliant one.  He hires Myers to help recruit Peters, check.  He hires Rick Spielman whose Brother Chris works for Detroit to get Ben Johnson.  Can't say check but I believe as you do HM21 it was a done deal when they had their virtual interview and possibly before that.  :)  

It's been done for awhile RWJ. Both are going through the process for different reasons (favors to agents, Rooney rule, etc). Like I said it'll be announced next week or the Tuesday after the SB. 

I will see you guys then :) 

• Like 3