Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE INSOMNIAC THREAD - 2023 Week 7: Welcomes the restless ,drunken , die hard fans!!!

zCommander

No 9:30 am football tomorrow morning :( 

Oh well, just going to chill tonight with some Captain and Coke.

Not even worried about the Giants. It should be an "easy" win lol 

If somehow we lose by double digits and it was because of our D then Dell Rio needs to be no more. That is the only outcome I would like if we lose. Rooting for Howell and Terry to have a great game!

Here to a good win and an injury free game :cheers:

:pint:

GiantsSuck.gif.8c0097e6672e56f4626adf87568c536b.gif GiantsSuck.gif.8c0097e6672e56f4626adf87568c536b.gif GiantsSuck.gif.8c0097e6672e56f4626adf87568c536b.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On paper this should be a layup but the Commanders were favored by 5...5! last time they played these guys and lost.

Giants are extremely impaired by injury and most of their OL is hurt. In theory it should be easy for Washington but that almost never happens. It had to take an incompetent Joe Judge to win comfortably against these guys, and that was a Week 17/18 game with nothing on the line lol

I’m in Dallas for a relatives wedding.  Spent the entire night with family.  All of them are Dallas Cowboy fans. This is unfortunate.

However, it was an inter-racial marriage hosted by the parents of the groom in their back yard, and they are Hispanic.  

This led to:

1. the father of the groom walking around with plastic shot glasses and a bottle of tequila giving shots to all guests.  I MIGHT have had more than 1… My brother in law described the tequila as “dangerously smooth.”

2. The absolute best authentic (and all hand made) Mexican food you can imagine. The salsas were amazing.  My God. I ate too much.    For desert they had a mini-pancake bar.  Which I’ve never heard of and now I can’t imagine how I’ve lived more than 45 years not knowing of their existence….

3. a mariachi band. Which my kids very much enjoyed.  I enjoyed too, but probably because of #1 above. 

All in all, a great evening. 

Im going to have a headache tomorrow.

My wife is dragging us to the Texas State Fair tomorrow, so I’m actually going to miss the game. So I will have to watch it on the dvr when I get home Monday. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Weird part of the season where I'm not sure if winning or losing games is better for the long term at this point.  Going to just sit back and enjoy it either way, I guess.  Smoking a tri tip brisket style for the game so we'll be eating well either way. 

Agreed. I’m going to go with win. Playoff race let’s go.

• Like 1

Favorite thread. At a tournament with my team and kids, so fun times. Lots of Whiskey tonight with some coaches and parents. Loving it. Boys should make the finals, girls are out.

Skins should play hard and come out with the W but you never know with these guys. I too have had just about enough with JDR. Here’s to a W tomorrow, let’s go boys, this is the difference between playoffs and not. HTTR!!!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

All of them are Dallas Cowboy fans. This is unfortunate.

Yeah that must have been tough. 

Back in the early 90's I moved to AZ (from MD) and went to a party the roommate invited me to and there were nothing but Cowboys fans. The game was on and AZ was losing so I had to cheer for them. Couldn't stand the rowdy girls fans lol

Looking back I think my hatred for the cowgirls started back then and I wasn't even a Redskins fan yet....Not until I moved back to MD after 2.5 years of living in the hot dessert lol

I do miss AZ, now and then though. Vegas was just a couple of hours away and driving over the Hoover Dam is just a great sight in itself. Good times still. 

• Like 1

I always like to go back in time to catch up with the shows I missed back in the 90s. Watching Spin City and Michael J. Fox is such a great actor. I always liked his acting, so natural. So there is a line in the show where he is saying, what people want when the wake up in the morning is clean water and good football teams. Couldn't agree more. :) 

53 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I always like to go back in time to catch up with the shows I missed back in the 90s. Watching Spin City and Michael J. Fox is such a great actor. I always liked his acting, so natural. So there is a line in the show where he is saying, what people want when the wake up in the morning is clean water and good football teams. Couldn't agree more. :) 

Man such a shame about Michael J Fox. Imagine all the movies we missed out on. 

• Like 1

I'd love to see Howell put up good production in a non-blowout game today. It would help skew the data in his direction in regards to my questions about stat inflation.

If I can feel confident that he can be a productive QB even outside of those situations I'll be  a lot higher on Howell.

I also want to see a good game form my D. The decimation to NYs Oline is petty much a perfect storm for our D line to feast and if we can't have a get right game here, I don't know when they can. I think spy'ing Tyrod will be mandatory for this to happen.