Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Josh decides to have the process here in 24, would you be for or against?

88Comrade2000

More than happy to reset completely, this brings 2 big questions:

- What can we get for Terry, Jon and Da'Ron? Damning indictment that they are likely the only 3 that could yield any return but would be happy to let all 3 go for a good price.

- What next for Sam? If we're in a good spot in the draft to make a run at a QB the new FO love, do it.

It'll sting for some especially with Sam and Terry I suspect but i'm not in the business of compassion, I just want what's best for the franchise moving forward and sometimes these tough decisions will sting initially but be beneficial for the collective in the long run.

3 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

similar to Snyder as an operator of this team

If you mean similar as in win-now mentality without a true rebuild, that's one thing.  It's not the best move but it can be done.

If you mean similar as in he thinks he personally can pick talent, we're in for another 20 years of being a bottom five NFL team.

11 hours ago, Conn said:

A complete and total rebuild should not take more than 2-3 offseasons if done competently, I think is the point. I didn’t see what he said as mutually exclusive, at least. A smart rebuild doesn’t take 4-5 years

With a little luck, it can be done faster than that.

11 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I hate to break it to everyone but this is a pipe dream….harris was already noted and worried about ticket sales when they started losing some games early on I have a bad feeling he will be similar to Snyder as an operator of this team just in general a much better human.

Don't drink and post.

• Thumb up 1

the process is this year. i don't expect them to struggle next year and I expect them to improve.

two things

-no more ron means they hopefully hire a new coach especially one that is a first timer. the league is not kind to retreads. even retread mike mccarthy had to go to his barn to relearn coaching and put new elements into his game. hiring someone who is not set in their old ways and is open to progressive ideas and modern thought would be great. he would also have to mesh with the new analytics philosophy.

- with over 90m in cap space I expect THIS year to be the process. They bottom out this year and get picks. Then they build the foundation.

Yes, I’m all for it if by “the process“ you mean putting together a proper organizational structure with a real GM in charge, and when appropriate accumulating draft capital for future years. If you mean exactly like the Sixers, then, no. A football blow up and rebuild is going to be much different than in the NBA. To be honest, I’m kind of tired of hearing the term “process“ anyway. The 76ers can keep it. But the idea of, in a lost season, taking a step back to improve the future outlook? Yeah, definitely good with that.