Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I actually think Herbert is good but massively overrated at the moment.  

Agreed, but Josh Allen is better then and Rivers in the playoffs.

He jus can't beat Mahomes to save his life, which in fairness, is harsh AF.

Allen has winning record in playoffs so far, neither of those other bammas do.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

it’ll end next week. I don’t see how they beat Baltimore, or in the unlikely event they do, SF. 

Yeah probably which is why I wanted to see Josh Allen go up against the Ravens defense.  Would've been a better matchup

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

didnt eveyrone? 

who wants happy Red Sox fans?

Nah. I was wrapped up in the "event" a couple months prior, seemed fitting, then started to get weird, then they wouldn't go away.

• Haha 1

didnt eveyrone? 

who wants happy Red Sox fans?

Hell yeah.  And I loved the Greatest Show On Turf offense and Kurt Warner seems like a legitimately good dude.  Which hasn’t changed over the last 25 years. 

him and Cowher can go 

Cowher hasn’t said anything.

I really am not watching, I just haven’t changed the channel.  But it’s a terrible show.

I also saw 5 minutes of the fox show and my only takeaway was “Damn, Terry has gotten fat and no more lucid.”

• Like 2

When I think of a QB who is the literal definition of "willing a team into the game", it's Josh Allen. Mahomes is a great mind, but his games depend on his receivers to hold onto the ball. Lamar is a gifted runner, but he can't take physical punishment. Jalen Hurts is like a bowling ball, but his passing game isn't all there yet. Allen can throw one of the best deep balls in the game, and can tuck it and run into three defenders and force an extra 3 yards without even looking winded. I wish so much that he could just put it all together and have that perfect, career-crowning moment. And I worry that it will pass with nothing but lost playoff games.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

well Manning was a choking loser to Brady a lot in the postseason, until he wasn’t 

Manning actually was Belichick’s **** for about 4-5 years.  Brady was the other QB, but the matchup was Belichick’s defense again Manning’s offense.  And those early 2000s pats defenses took his lunch money.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nah. I was wrapped up in the "event" a couple months prior, seemed fitting, then started to get weird, then they wouldn't go away.

That was also the Tuck Rule year. And I don’t care what anybody says, that was a damn fumble and the Raiders should have knocked out the Pats.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

speaking of 9/11 wonder if McDermott is gonna calm the team down with a story about Al Qaida and how they rebounded from multiple setbacks before achieving their goal 

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

ES needs a vomit reaction for posts.

Spoiler

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

When I think of a QB who is the literal definition of "willing a team into the game", it's Josh Allen. Mahomes is a great mind, but his games depend on his receivers to hold onto the ball. Lamar is a gifted runner, but he can't take physical punishment. Jalen Hurts is like a bowling ball, but his passing game isn't all there yet. Allen can throw one of the best deep balls in the game, and can tuck it and run into three defenders and force an extra 3 yards without even looking winded. I wish so much that he could just put it all together and have that perfect, career-crowning moment. And I worry that it will pass with nothing but lost playoff games.

Allen makes too many bone headed decisions. He plays hero ball when he doesn't have to which leads to him constantly turning the ball over. Physically gifted but mentally, I don't know 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

NINERS, Y'ALL!!

Lions. Want Detroit to experience their first SB. I will admit that if the 49ers take it, at least they'll have a better chance against the Ravens or Chiefs. 

24 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Oh Josh Allen is about to get the Lamar "can't get it done" treatment. Getting greedy on that 2nd down and missing a wide open Diggs did the team in.

All that hero ball, now their window is basically closed. Diggs is going to ask out

Diggs is washed at this point

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

speaking of 9/11 wonder if McDermott is gonna calm the team down with a story about Al Qaida and how they rebounded from multiple setbacks before achieving their goal 

"A second kick missed the uprights. Buffalo is under attack."

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 2