Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Ha, I was happy to get this one wrong for sure.

Barring a big injury, looks like SF will get the 1 seed, even if they lose to the Ravens. Oh wait, they have to play the Skins too lol.

After the lip the Eagles fans exhibited about how they kicked the Niners ass last year in a game where SF didn't have a functioning QB for over a half, I'd like to see them obliterate the Eagles even worse than they did a couple weeks ago.

Yeah sorry, I noticed someone mentioned it earlier. However the playoffs go, the SB would make my year not having the Ravens, Chiefs, Eagles or Cowboys showing up. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

I know, I know…..the Mannings distract me too much.  🤓

I mean, they completely missed the first 2 plays of the Seahawks drive after the INT. And then blamed Buck and Troy for it.

When they don’t have guests, it’s the best film breakdown in game on TV.  When they have guests the game is the background wallpaper.  

I don’t think I’d watch a skins game with them.  But every other game I don’t have a true rooting interest in, it’s great.

They were calling every one of the defensive sets on the final Seahawks drive and how to attack it by formation.  It’s clear they not only have incredible knowledge and experience but they prepare for the games and while they yuk it up, the analysis is immediate and really good.  

Until they interview somebody and it’s just a talk show.  

7 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

I have tried, multiple times, but I don’t care for their show.  I’m weird.

image.gif.2f8018ca70ef9095c85b1aa0675be933.gif

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Yeah sorry, I noticed someone mentioned it earlier. However the playoffs go, the SB would make my year not having the Ravens, Chiefs, Eagles or Cowboys showing up. 

I think after that QB fiasco in the NFCCG last year, the Niners are on a mission.

The AFC seems really wide open. I think too many people seem to be writing off the Chiefs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mean, they completely missed the first 2 plays of the Seahawks drive after the INT. And then blamed Buck and Troy for it.

When they don’t have guests, it’s the best film breakdown in game on TV.  When they have guests the game is the background wallpaper.  

I don’t think I’d watch a skins game with them.  But every other game I don’t have a true rooting interest in, it’s great.

They were calling every one of the defensive sets on the final Seahawks drive and how to attack it by formation.  It’s clear they not only have incredible knowledge and experience but they prepare for the games and while they yuk it up, the analysis is immediate and really good.  

Until they interview somebody and it’s just a talk show.  

Every show I watched, but one, they had guests.  All the banter drove me nuts.  The other, with just them, Peyton was so obnoxious and Eli was pouting.  Then they had technical issues and I switched it over.  

Edited by PolarExpress

1. I've been saying the Eagles aren't as good as their record, but I was labeled a hater. I mean, I am a hater, but I'm not wrong.

2. Hopefully, the Eagles don't win the division. If anyone is going to win it two years in a row, it needs to be us.

3. The whole league looks weak, if we were just a halfway decent team, we could get a wildcard easy.

4. I don't care what anyone says, Jalen Hurts throws up multiple 50/50 balls into double/triple coverage and HOPES the receiver catches the ball. He relies way too much on his recievers to make him look like he has a deep ball. However, when Hurts gets to ****y with the deep ball, you get games like last night. Eagles might have to tush push the whole playoff run.

5. Don't forget, the Eagles got to walk thru the playoffs fully healthy and rested, not looking that way this time.

8 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I think after that QB fiasco in the NFCCG last year, the Niners are on a mission.

I had that same exact thought this morning - watching Purdy and McCaffery this weekend, they look like they want to steamroll every team from here on out and make sure they are firing on all cylinders going into the playoffs.  Good news for my fantasy team, as I drafted McC and traded for Purdy.  

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

They aren’t the same team this year but you can never count out Mahomes.

Kadarius Toney is on a mission to end the Chief's season early.  He is going to sink their season by popping a perfectly thrown ball into the air and having it intercepted and run back for a touchdown, ending the season.  

The swifties are going to have to race Mahomes to see who can commit homicide first.  

However, one way or another, Toney will never be able to show his face in Kansas City ever again.  He might have to move to a deserted island in the south Pacific to survive.  

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

I had that same exact thought this morning - watching Purdy and McCaffery this weekend, they look like they want to steamroll every team from here on out and make sure they are firing on all cylinders going into the playoffs.  Good news for my fantasy team, as I drafted McC and traded for Purdy.  

The irony would be if Purdy got hurt going into the playoffs.  Which I hope does not happen, but man would that just be a case of the football God's being angered the San Francisco 49ers moving out of San Francisco and punishing them for all time.  

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The irony would be if Purdy got hurt going into the playoffs.  Which I hope does not happen, but man would that just be a case of the football God's being angered the San Francisco 49ers moving out of San Francisco and punishing them for all time.  

giphy.gif?cid=5a38a5a2xhrkfh5srhknby5g1j

• Haha 7

11 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Even though this team's season has gone in the toilet, it's nice to see Philly crumbling at the best possible time.

Agreed, but they will win the division with the Cowboys working on WC position. Eagles have the Giants twice and the Cards to go. Easy 3.

Hard to say at this point if the Cowboys will sit out their top players for last game. They've done it in the past and usually lose their first playoff game.

• Like 1