Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I’m not sure Corley lasts until our pick in the 3rd round.  Threat as a WR and RB. Complete YAC monster. If he nails the combine too…..

Could be one you’d have to take in the second if you really wanted him. Or slight trade back with the latter second rounder. 

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m not sure Corley lasts until our pick in the 3rd round.  Threat as a WR and RB. Complete YAC monster. If he nails the combine too…..

Could be one you’d have to take in the second if you really wanted him. Or slight trade back with the latter second rounder. 

Yeah hes got a lotta Deebo to his game. Wouldnt mind taking him with our later second either but itll come down to how the draft plays out. Theres lots of WRs in that round 2-3 tier that could be real good.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Rook said:

TJ Tampa really caught my eye earlier because of his size and ranking,  However when I started looking at some Iowa State games, I became less enthused.  I did not like the way they played him, or maybe I just didn't like their defensive scheme.  I did not see him do any press, and with his size, that was an aspect I was hoping to eval.  In fact, he was playing off the WR 5-7 yds, which I really don't like.  Maybe those two games were anomalies, but I didn't get real excited about him after that. I moved on to Sainristil and Jackson as my favs for day 2 and day 3 targets.

:229:The Rook

Yeah, he's not going to be good in press man.  I don't think he has the hip fluidity for it.  He's a zone defender for sure to me.  Classic Tampa 2 corner and underneath zone guy for cover 3.  He's got the potential to be really good in that role though.  Much as I like Sainristil, I would be much more afraid of Tampa if I were trying to run a screen or slant or middle field break through his area.

He needs the right team to pick him, but he will probably be good if that happens.  He'll probably go in the second because of that.

• Like 2

Breaking my own rule about not judging players by their highlights but got no choice with Javon Baker, couldn't find any 2023 games aside from highlights.

Javon Baker from UCF.  Fun watch with the ball in his hands.  Good speed.

Deep threat.  Best depth per catch numbers in this group.  He has one of the best YAC numbers in the group, too.  Good contested catch numbers, too.  At least on his highlights he looks explosive and has some sick numbers that match that look.

Screen Shot 2024-02-20 at 7.11.54 PM.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Breaking my own rule about not judging players by their highlights but got no choice with Javon Baker, couldn't find any 2023 games aside from highlights.

Yep. That's why I left him off my list the first time around but his name is everywhere on draft sites. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Daniels isn't falling to 6. Media always falls over itself to try to get superstar prospects to New York.

He's not doing trades, but trying to pinpoint which teams will get which guys. Supposedly there are legitimate enough rumors of interest between the Giants and Patriots that these guys are mocking as if a trade had been done. It's all a little weird.

So pretend the Giants move up to #3 for Daniels. Patriots are believed to be more interested in a Vet QB (Cousins, Mayfield, or Brissett?) and building up pieces around the veteran.

7 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

He's not doing trades, but trying to pinpoint which teams will get which guys. Supposedly there are legitimate enough rumors of interest between the Giants and Patriots that these guys are mocking as if a trade had been done. It's all a little weird.

So pretend the Giants move up to #3 for Daniels. Patriots are believed to be more interested in a Vet QB (Cousins, Mayfield, or Brissett?) and building up pieces around the veteran.

I can’t see NE passing up Daniel’s/Maye at 3.  It would be suicide to do so.  Heck Mayo even said they were basically taking a qb at 3 when he got hired.  If for some reason NE traded down to 6, they’d take JJ at 6

20 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I can’t see NE passing up Daniel’s/Maye at 3.  It would be suicide to do so.  Heck Mayo even said they were basically taking a qb at 3 when he got hired.  If for some reason NE traded down to 6, they’d take JJ at 6

I agree they should take a QB in round 1, probably at 3. But supposedly the statements Mayo has said more so imply Mac Jones ain't it, and they will bring in someone through FA or Draft to replace him. Possibly even both.

Unlike TE where I struggle to find ones I like in that mid round range, early day 3, i got a bunch at RB, Wright's been one of them for months for me, if he runs 4.31 he's skyrocketing up that list for me.  to me he looks fast but not 4.3 fast but will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I agree they should take a QB in round 1, probably at 3. But supposedly the statements Mayo has said more so imply Mac Jones ain't it, and they will bring in someone through FA or Draft to replace him. Possibly even both.

can’t find the link to the interview, but here’s an article about what Mayo said…

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10105593-jerod-mayo-patriots-will-draft-best-player-for-a-position-thats-very-important.amp.html

That’s clear as day that they will take a Qb.