Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

8 minutes ago, bh32 said:

You have way overhyped Daniels..he would not last running like he does..personally I see a very raw passer who looks to run when his first read is covered.

That’s an old thought process. As long as the runner can protect himself he will be fine. Linebackers are like 220-230 now and play finesse. There are no more Ray Lewis, Vontez Burfict type players anymore. 

1 minute ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

That’s an old thought process. As long as the runner can protect himself he will be fine. Linebackers are like 220-230 now and play finesse. There are no more Ray Lewis, Vontez Burfict type players anymore. 

Daniels doesn’t really protect himself…

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Link us to some tape where this happens with Daniels. I would love to watch it. 

He just ran for 1100 yards in SEC and was only out one quarter. 

who is gonna put him out, cowboys safety playing linebacker or eagles undersized linebackers. They said the same thing about Devonta Smith.

Edited by OtisDriftwood25
  • Like 1

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

A lot of college QB's run for ungodly yardage in college and then when they get to the NFL they get destroyed..

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

A lot of college QB's run for ungodly yardage in college and then when they get to the NFL they get destroyed..

I’m talking about this day and age. The league is built to cover space now. Is his frame the only concern or are there others?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

If a QB can't operate in a pocket they will not make it in the NFL..Daniels bails the pocket too much to succeed in the NFL. 

I am not going to go so far as to say he cant succeed in the NFL. But he is going to need a ton of work to succeed in the NFL. And in the mean time he will try to use his strength which are his legs. And that is a recipe for disaster when every player he will be facing is bigger and more importantly faster than anyone he has ever faced. 

He did. Anthony Richardson is bigger than 90 percent of QB in the league. He fell on his shoulder wrong but definitely a good point.

He also suffered concussions

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Didn't Anthony Richardson get destroyed this year trying to run all the time?

Anthony Richardson played in 4 games and had 136 yards rushing which averaged out to a whopping 34 yards per game and 6 carries per LOL. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick

6 minutes ago, bh32 said:

If a QB can't operate in a pocket they will not make it in the NFL..Daniels bails the pocket too much to succeed in the NFL. 

That’s why I said earlier Kyler Murray is his floor. That’s what Kyler does. Lamar was laughable throwing the ball his rookie year. He still went something like 6-3 when Flacco got hurt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am not going to go so far as to say he cant succeed in the NFL. But he is going to need a ton of work to succeed in the NFL. And in the mean time he will try to use his strength which are his legs. And that is a recipe for disaster when every player he will be facing is bigger and more importantly faster than anyone he has ever faced. 

With his age and how raw he is it's not worth the risk at #2 overall pick.

That’s why I said earlier Kyler Murray is his floor. That’s what Kyler does. Lamar was laughable throwing the ball his rookie year. He still went something like 6-3 when Flacco got hurt.

And they all have been hurt and missed a lot of games..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

who is gonna put him out, cowboys safety playing linebacker or eagles undersized linebackers. They said the same thing about Devonta Smith.

He protects himself great. This will go over real well in the NFL. 

Daniels destroyed.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I don’t know, I don’t see Murray at all in reference to Daniels. Murray is shifty and fast. He’s short so he has a little bit quicker cod and a low center of gravity. 

Daniels has some wiggle for sure but he’s just flat out fast. 

Again, the best comparison for Daniel’s style is Griffin. It just is.

We loved Griffin his rookie year. It’s not a knock.

Hopefully his career arc is nothing like Griff’s… or Jay Gruden is going to tell him to race a pigeon.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Anthony Richardson played in 4 games and had 136 yards rushing which averaged out to a whopping 34 yards per game and 6 carries per LOL. 

Yeah and where is he at due to his running? That's right on IR

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Oh you were trying to make a correlation? So QBs just shouldn't run period then is the point you are trying to make? 

There is a time to run,but when that is what your go to is because you are a raw passer then you will not survive..