Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Man crush through the roof right now on Bryce young 

4 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

He's going to need to go into a bacta tank after this game.

But God damn, his field vision is maybe the best I've ever seen.  The way he finds backside options so effortlessly is Patrick Mahomes-esque.

Was thinking the same thing Mahomes. His ability to make plays off script is special 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A combination of a young Russell Wilson and Jalen Hurts. I’d take him in a second, size be damned. Of course this is only if we had a new staff that could properly utilize him, as the current staff would ruin him. 

59 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That’s exactly the 2 guys Gibbs reminds me of too. A team that landed Young with pick 1.1 and Gibbs at 2.1 (doubt he lasts to Rd2) would potentially transform their offense overnight. 

Man crush through the roof right now on Bryce young 

Was thinking the same thing Mahomes. His ability to make plays off script is special 

Dont know if he can create time at the next level like Mahomes does though. Dont get me wrong. Young is special. But I am not sure he is Mahomes special. 

Haha. That muffed punt sure was great wasnt it?

17 minutes ago, Stormy said:

A combination of a young Russell Wilson and Jalen Hurts. I’d take him in a second, size be damned. Of course this is only if we had a new staff that could properly utilize him, as the current staff would ruin him. 

Agree. i am not a big Turner fan this year.  But zampese is known as one of the best Qb coaches in the league. 

I also think its yes and no about coaching staffs ruining young QBs.  Herbert's coaching staff for example was fired after his rookie season and then fired after a year in their next stint . Burrows staff at Cincy was regularly mocked by the national media until they had Burrow in the fold.

i think the point about coaching applies better to the marginal prospects that are more obvious hit and miss, the Jason Campbells and Ramseys of the QB world, not the QBs with elite talent.   Not saying Bryce is elite but he looks special.  The only IMO special QB talent we've had under Dan is RG3. 

Arians book in particular sold me that what makes QBs special more than anything is special talent and special work ethic.  Coaching is the gravy.   

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dont know if he can create time at the next level like Mahomes does though. Dont get me wrong. Young is special. But I am not sure he is Mahomes special. 

Agree not Mahomes level special.  But he plays in a similar flavor. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I've watched Bama several times this year.   What am I missing with Will Anderson?    You see flash plays, but.....

I agree, I've watched a lot of Bama and I just don't see it, especially compared to last year. Not saying he'll be a bust or anything,  I just don't think he's elite like the media makes him out to be. I'm a bigger fan of To'o To'o

Watching Florida/LSU and while Richardson is slipping down everyones boards this season, he isnt really getting a fair chance from the coaches either. He has THREE pass attempts in a first half that is almost over. THREE. And he is 2/3 for 52 yards and TD. Meanwhile Florida has run the ball 19 times. Some of that may be trying to limit Richardsons mistakes. But there is no denying the incredibly talented piece of clay that guy is. Would love to have a chance to try to mold that guy,. 

9 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I agree, I've watched a lot of Bama and I just don't see it, especially compared to last year. Not saying he'll be a bust or anything,  I just don't think he's elite like the media makes him out to be. I'm a bigger fan of To'o To'o

Exactly the same way I felt about Chase in all honesty. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1