Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

Elon Musk insists he's an 'alien' as he urges public to 'think about it for a second'

Elon Musk, the multi-billionaire behind Tesla, X, and SpaceX, has claimed to be an alien.

Speaking at VivaTech in Paris, France a worldwide summit for technological start-ups, Musk was asked by an event host if he was an alien.

The 52-year-old entrepreneur laughed and responded: "I am an alien yes, I keep telling people I'm an alien. But nobody believes me."

Click on the link for the full article

tumblr_n6ph1lNUjW1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Elon Musk supports new VP candidate that would crush Tesla’s sales in the US

Elon Musk has announced his support to Donald Trump’s VP pick, Senator JD Vance. It’s hard to believe, considering Vance is pushing a bill that would crush Tesla’s sales in the US.

As we often reported in recent months, Musk is no stranger to acting against the interest of Tesla shareholders despite his fiduciary duties as CEO.

One of those cases, his threat not to build AI products at Tesla if he doesn’t get 25% control of the company, is now going to court.

But now, the CEO is making a move that could even more clearly be against Tesla shareholders and Tesla’s mission to accelerate the advent of clean energy.

Last week, there was a report that Musk donated to a PAC financing Trump’s campaign.

However, we didn’t have to wait as Musk decided to “fully endorse” Trump following the assassination attempt on Saturday.

Today, Trump announced that he picked JD Vance as his VP and Musk quickly congratulated him and gave his support to the decision.

Like his change of view on Trump, Vance also changed his view on Tesla’s mission. He once was a proponent of renewable energy, but he has since changed his tune.

More recently, he even introduced a bill that would crush Tesla’s sales in the US.

Vance is behind the ‘Drive American Act‘, which not only would remove the incentives to buy battery-electric vehicles (BEV and PHEV), but it replace it with an equivalent $7,500 incentive to buy American-made fossil fuel-powered vehicles (ICE and HEV).

Tesla’s stock erased 2% worth of gains following the VP pick announcement and Musk’s support.

Can the Tesla board have him removed for violating his fiduciary responsibilities?

1 hour ago, China said:

Elon Musk supports new VP candidate that would crush Tesla’s sales in the US

Elon Musk has announced his support to Donald Trump’s VP pick, Senator JD Vance. It’s hard to believe, considering Vance is pushing a bill that would crush Tesla’s sales in the US.

As we often reported in recent months, Musk is no stranger to acting against the interest of Tesla shareholders despite his fiduciary duties as CEO.

One of those cases, his threat not to build AI products at Tesla if he doesn’t get 25% control of the company, is now going to court.

But now, the CEO is making a move that could even more clearly be against Tesla shareholders and Tesla’s mission to accelerate the advent of clean energy.

Last week, there was a report that Musk donated to a PAC financing Trump’s campaign.

However, we didn’t have to wait as Musk decided to “fully endorse” Trump following the assassination attempt on Saturday.

Today, Trump announced that he picked JD Vance as his VP and Musk quickly congratulated him and gave his support to the decision.

Like his change of view on Trump, Vance also changed his view on Tesla’s mission. He once was a proponent of renewable energy, but he has since changed his tune.

More recently, he even introduced a bill that would crush Tesla’s sales in the US.

Vance is behind the ‘Drive American Act‘, which not only would remove the incentives to buy battery-electric vehicles (BEV and PHEV), but it replace it with an equivalent $7,500 incentive to buy American-made fossil fuel-powered vehicles (ICE and HEV).

Tesla’s stock erased 2% worth of gains following the VP pick announcement and Musk’s support.

Can the Tesla board have him removed for violating his fiduciary responsibilities?

I don’t know about that. Keeping Tesla as the only major supplier of EVs may be in Musks interests. Mandates and incentives create a market for EVs that attracts legacy automakers. Eg the competition 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/spacex-dropped-space-junk-on-my-neighbors-farm-heres-what-happened-next/?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

A story about the damage that Starlink satellites and other SpaceX things are doing getting them up into the atmosphere, and the damage that will likely be done as they come down.  It is told partly in the context of a SpaceX thing landing in Canada that is pretty irrelevant to the over all story.  I guess it makes a good hook.

The way we let companies just push forward with things w/o anybody really worrying about the long term consequences is just awful.

"As an astronomer, I already had good reasons to worry about SpaceX. The company has been launching huge numbers of its Starlink internet broadband satellites since 2019; more than 6,000 are in orbit, and as many as 42,000 are planned. As Starlink grew—along with competing plans for other satellite “mega constellations”—my telescope data and my huge prairie sky filled with bright, easily visible satellites just as many astronomers (including myself) had warned. Beyond this disruptive light pollution, though, new research shows that atmospheric pollution is skyrocketing from the SpaceX-dominated dramatic increase in launches and reentries—with potentially disastrous global effects. The aluminum oxide produced by sublimating satellites in Earth’s upper atmosphere, it turns out, is a potent and lasting catalyst for chemical reactions similar to those that in the 20th century famously corroded a gaping hole in our planet’s delicate, radiation-blocking ozone layer."

"Assuming each one reaches orbit and lasts five years, on average, SpaceX will be burning up nearly one satellite per hour. If, like the Crew Dragon trunks, some might scatter large pieces across the Earth after failing to fully burn up, the prospect of human fatalities cannot be easily dismissed. Even if all Starlinks fully burn as planned, the repercussions on our planet’s atmosphere and climate from this single mega constellation project could be severe—and Starlink is but the first of many."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/spacex-dropped-space-junk-on-my-neighbors-farm-heres-what-happened-next/?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

A story about the damage that Starlink satellites and other SpaceX things are doing getting them up into the atmosphere, and the damage that will likely be done as they come down.  It is told partly in the context of a SpaceX thing landing in Canada that is pretty irrelevant to the over all story.  I guess it makes a good hook.

The way we let companies just push forward with things w/o anybody really worrying about the long term consequences is just awful.

"As an astronomer, I already had good reasons to worry about SpaceX. The company has been launching huge numbers of its Starlink internet broadband satellites since 2019; more than 6,000 are in orbit, and as many as 42,000 are planned. As Starlink grew—along with competing plans for other satellite “mega constellations”—my telescope data and my huge prairie sky filled with bright, easily visible satellites just as many astronomers (including myself) had warned. Beyond this disruptive light pollution, though, new research shows that atmospheric pollution is skyrocketing from the SpaceX-dominated dramatic increase in launches and reentries—with potentially disastrous global effects. The aluminum oxide produced by sublimating satellites in Earth’s upper atmosphere, it turns out, is a potent and lasting catalyst for chemical reactions similar to those that in the 20th century famously corroded a gaping hole in our planet’s delicate, radiation-blocking ozone layer."

"Assuming each one reaches orbit and lasts five years, on average, SpaceX will be burning up nearly one satellite per hour. If, like the Crew Dragon trunks, some might scatter large pieces across the Earth after failing to fully burn up, the prospect of human fatalities cannot be easily dismissed. Even if all Starlinks fully burn as planned, the repercussions on our planet’s atmosphere and climate from this single mega constellation project could be severe—and Starlink is but the first of many."

Ok Jim. Stick to farming

7 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t know about that. Keeping Tesla as the only major supplier of EVs may be in Musks interests. Mandates and incentives create a market for EVs that attracts legacy automakers. Eg the competition 

Who is gonna buy those EVs?