Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

25 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I kinda hate how pitchers who surrender leads or allow other team to pad the lead end up getting credited with the win

Baumann with the vulture win. With Perez not getting a save and Cano finishing it, I wonder if the official scorer could award it to Perez instead. 

Orioles Magic Number update for September 19

9: AL home field advantage (Orioles have tiebreaker against Rays)

9: Win the AL East (Orioles have tiebreaker against Rays)

9: Clinch a Wild Card bye (Orioles have tiebreaker against Rays)

1: Eliminate the Blue Jays from winning the division (Orioles have tiebreaker)

NAILED IT: Clinch a playoff appearance

DONE AND DONE: Eliminate the Red Sox from winning the division

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: Eliminate the Yankees from winning the division

• Like 4

So you are limited to buying one game per round.  Know what games you want going into it.  We hadn't thought about it before hand.  We ended up going with game 3 for ALDS and ALCS, game 1 of wild card (expect that to be refunded).  I seemed to be limited to picking in red sections which sucked because I was willing to pay a good bit more for better seats.  Anyways, any questions?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So you are limited to buying one game per round.  Know what games you want going into it.  We hadn't thought about it before hand.  We ended up going with game 3 for ALDS and ALCS, game 1 of wild card (expect that to be refunded).  I seemed to be limited to picking in red sections which sucked because I was willing to pay a good bit more for better seats.  Anyways, any questions?

Are game day dates set or are they TBA?

Edited by TradeTheBeal!

10 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

The game days are set: MLB Postseason: Playoff Bracket and World Series Schedule | MLB.com

That said, there are already two potential conflicts:

• On Sat Oct 7, if the Orioles are hosting Game 1 of the ALDS, there's a concert scheduled the same evening at M&T Bank Stadium.
  • On Sun Oct 22, if the Orioles are hosting ALCS Game 6, the Ravens are supposed to host the Lions the same day (supposedly according to both teams' leases, all playoff games get precedence over Regular Season games, so they'd move the Ravens game to Monday/Tuesday I guess)

24 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

https://www.mlb.com/postseason

11 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

The game days are set: MLB Postseason: Playoff Bracket and World Series Schedule | MLB.com

That said, there are already two potential conflicts:

• On Sat Oct 7, if the Orioles are hosting Game 1 of the ALDS, there's a concert scheduled the same evening at M&T Bank Stadium.
  • On Sun Oct 22, if the Orioles are hosting ALCS Game 6, the Ravens are supposed to host the Lions the same day (supposedly according to both teams' leases, all playoff games get precedence over Regular Season games, so they'd move the Ravens game to Monday/Tuesday I guess)

I didn't see the dates when I bought the tickets.  I said **** it I'm retired.  Good to see them now though. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Orioles Magic Number update for September 20 (early edition)

8: AL home field advantage (Orioles have tiebreaker against Rays)

8: Win the AL East (Orioles have tiebreaker against Rays)

8: Clinch a Wild Card bye (Orioles have tiebreaker against Rays)

NOOOO CANADA: Eliminate the Blue Jays from winning the division (Orioles have tiebreaker)

DONE AND DONE: Eliminate the Red Sox from winning the division

One thing of note— the division race with Tampa has made me completely lose sight of how good this team is. They would have clinched the AL Central a while back and the AL West tonight. Instead, they could, at the earliest, clinch the division this Saturday. More realistically, if they keep doing what they’re doing, it’ll happen against the Nats or even Thursday/Friday of the Boston series.

The bad news is that I hate watching them use up the bullpen precisely when they should be resting guys. The good news is that hopefully that rest comes during the WC round, and this team has already proven they can thrive under long periods of intense pressure. Hyde’s treating these two series like playoff series and I like it.

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I know TB is pissed off thinking they had a clear cut advantage while we played the Astros and they got the Angels. 

lol, they’re gonna love playing Toronto for 6 of their last 10 while the jays are still hustling for a wild card spot.

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, balki1867 said:

The bad news is that I hate watching them use up the bullpen precisely when they should be resting guys. The good news is that hopefully that rest comes during the WC round, and this team has already proven they can thrive under long periods of intense pressure. Hyde’s treating these two series like playoff series and I like it.

Today would be a great day for Bradish to go 7 innings. 

The Astros really need these games. They’re in a 3 headed fight for the division and a similar fight for a wildcard.  They’re reaching for a gear they’re supposed to have and the Orioles are just beating em. 

• Like 2

Orioles Magic Number update for September 21 (early edition)

7: AL home field advantage (Orioles have tiebreaker against Rays)

7: Win the AL East (Orioles have tiebreaker against Rays)

7: Clinch a Wild Card bye (Orioles have tiebreaker against Rays)

NOOOO CANADA: Eliminate the Blue Jays from winning the division (Orioles have tiebreaker)

DONE AND DONE: Eliminate the Red Sox from winning the division

• Like 1