Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

Orioles Magic Number update for September 18 (early edition)

10: AL home field advantage (Orioles have tiebreaker against Rays)

10: Win the AL East (Orioles have tiebreaker against Rays)

10: Clinch a Wild Card bye (Orioles have tiebreaker against Rays)

2: Eliminate the Blue Jays from winning the division (Orioles have tiebreaker)

NAILED IT: Clinch a playoff appearance

DONE AND DONE: Eliminate the Red Sox from winning the division

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: Eliminate the Yankees from winning the division

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Apparently Buzzette and I were on TV behind Ohearn at the end of the game.  Our phones are blowing up.

I saw y'all... she was right behind him while he was on deck. The sign, him and her were framed perfectly. Go O's... great game to be at!

• Like 1

I had no idea the celebration would go that hard with the beer and everything. I know that is a contractually set thing with the beer sponsors and the googles and the Fanatics tee shirt, but I guess the catharsis of that comeback was rocket fuel for the celly. The Rays clinched a playoff berth as well. I don't think they popped a lotta corks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I had no idea the celebration would go that hard with the beer and everything. I know that is a contractually set thing with the beer sponsors and the googles and the Fanatics tee shirt, but I guess the catharsis of that comeback was rocket fuel for the celly. The Rays clinched a playoff berth as well. I don't think they popped a lotta corks.

Yep, you're right: 

https://www.mlb.com/news/rays-clinch-2023-playoff-berth

But the Rays had been hoping for a different kind of celebration on Sunday afternoon. That much was evident inside the visitors’ clubhouse, where the furniture had been cleared out and plastic sheets were rolled up above a row of lockers. Rather than raucously spraying champagne, a small group of players quietly shared a shot.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

https://www.stubhub.com/baltimore-orioles-baltimore-tickets-10-8-2023/event/152148796/?quantity=2

Scratch that, its >600 (for the ALDS)

>200 for the WC if we don't get a first round bye

I just got an email saying my window starts tomorrow at noon and runs for about 46 hours.  Access for *up to* (not sure what that means exactly) 3 home games per series.

No mention of prices at all.

• Like 1

@DCSaints_fan - we probably need to update the thread title! 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I just got an email saying my window starts tomorrow at noon and runs for about 46 hours.  Access for *up to* (not sure what that means exactly) 3 home games per series.

No mention of prices at all.

I wonder how many people will buy three games and sell two of them! 

1 minute ago, SloppyOneXXVI said:

My window to buy playoff tickets starts Wednesday at noon. I only get one game per series, and no guarantee of WS.

Are you saying that based on the wording of today's email? I'm only asking because the email from last week said the WS tickets would be a separate on sale window. 

I have the 13-game Sunday plan and am eligible for WS tickets based on last week's email, however Wednesday's sale only concerns WC, ALDS and ALCS tickets.

Also, this site says basically everyone with a Birdland plan is eligible for at least 2 tickets to every series (including the WS): Postseason Ticket Information | Baltimore Orioles (mlb.com)

2 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

Are you saying that based on the wording of today's email? I'm only asking because the email from last week said the WS tickets would be a separate on sale window......

You're right, my reading comprehension was poor. This is what my email says:

As a valued Birdland Member, your guaranteed presales access to 2023 Postseason tickets will occur this week! This offer will include access for up to three (3) home games in the Wild Card Series presented by Hankook, American League Divisional Series (ALDS) presented by Booking.com, and American League Championship Series (ALCS) presented by loanDepot.

• Thumb up 1

• DCSaints_fan changed the title to 2023 Baltimore Orioles: Clinched playoffs!