Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Sam Huff

88Comrade2000

Damnit.

I had the absolute privilege to sit with Sam one day in St Louis & watch the early game (Cowboys/Giants) while waiting for our 4pm kickoff. In three hours, I learned more about NFL defenses & LB play than most learn in a lifetime.

Allow me to paraphrase Sam during those three hours- These mother****ers should have never let Antonio Pierce go to NY :) 

R.I.P. Sam & thank you for your kindness (not a word you’d expect if you ever saw him play) over the years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How they screw what up? It’s a statement about the passing of Sam huff....and it was a respectable statement...unlike your post. Gtfo with that ****. 

Youre right.  Dan and Tanya have been exemplary in honoring our fallen hero’s lately.

Edited by petey hodge

Huff used to tell this story on himself about playing against the great Jim Brown.

First down, Brown runs to the right and Huff tackles him for a 1 yard gain.  Huff says "You stink, Jim. You are overrated."

Second down, Huff tackles Brown for no gain.  "Whoever said you were any good, Jim? You stink."

Third down, Brown takes the handoff, blasts through the middle, then cuts to the sideline on his way to a 79 yard touchdown run, with Huff futilely chasing him from behind. On his way to the end zone, Brown turns to Huff and calls out, "Hey Sam, how do I smell from here?"

• Haha 2

Sonny Sam and Frank - that was how I watched/listened to Washington Redskins football for a very long time. With the matched delays you could watch on TV and listen to the the guys! They worked so well together. So much knowledge between Sonny and Sam. I spent so many Sundays with them all I felt like they were family. 

Sad day today. RIP Sam! My deepest condolences to his family.

If you listened to those guys on the radio you knew how much Sam wanted to stick it to former head coach Allie Sherman.  That man could hold a grudge like No One else.

You may also remember later in his broadcast career Sam would go ape **** when the defense would jump offside.

”All you have to do is look in at the damn ball (to see when it’s snapped)  👀 

RIP Mr. Huff