Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Wow, I had no idea so many people read my posts!

literally from that one $50 bet. Probably the 5th bet anyone has placed on us to do anything

4 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

How do I watch the Shannon Sharpe interview with Daniels live?

Definitely WITHOUT subtitles.

Spoiler

Unless you can translate content that resembles languages such as pig latin.

Edited by SkinsFTW

Just now, formerly4skins said:

Thought Jay's breakdown of Top Golf-gate was pretty funny...

I have no clue whether it's funny or sad that Jay is a far better comedian than coach or football analyst. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dah-Dee said:

The jacket thing was very very cringe. FWIW, the story I saw on the jacket was, the Baton Rouge 'bespoke tailor' Daniels worked with actually did the lining on his own, including picking out the picture, and it was a surprise for JD5.  I guess that might explain why he looks a little ... guilty lol? ... in the picture, versus the big smile of Penix:

Still cringe.

Ok so Daniels also doesn't have a say or control over what his own tailor does with his suits? Why does he seem to utterly out of control of so many things? He apparently can't control his agent. He can't control his mom. He can't even control his tailor now? Does he just have a super weak personality or something?

And I don't even buy the tailor thing. A tailor making that sort of suit wouldn't just randomly go rogue like that. Everything is very thoroughly discussed with the client. And even IF he somehow got a completely rogue tailor, if he didn't like the lining when he was shown the finished product, he should say so. The lining could be replaced in a day or two by a good tailor.

Why the **** is everything so sus with this dude?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, REDSKINS STOMP said:

For those who keep receipts, here is one for ya.

JJ McCarthy sucks, he is scouts fools gold and he will bust, HARD.

Please don't draft him at #2.

I only keep receipts on people I know.  As of now, I can find your comment on YouTube.

• Thumb up 2

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Ok so Daniels also doesn't have a say or control over what his own tailor does with his suits? Why does he seem to utterly out of control of so many things? He apparently can't control his agent. He can't control his mom. He can't even control his tailor now? Does he just have a super weak personality or something?

And I don't even buy the tailor thing. A tailor making that sort of suit wouldn't just randomly go rogue like that. Everything is very thoroughly discussed with the client. And even IF he somehow got a completely rogue tailor, if he didn't like the lining when he was shown the finished product, he should say so. The lining could be replaced in a day or two by a good tailor.

Why the **** is everything so sus with this dude?

I could see the tailor running it by the mom lol.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Which means that they might set a record for commercials.

i just hope theyre good commercials this year. Since weve changed the name and gotten rid of the owner and the whole team and coaching staff and uniforms. Give us good commercials during our pick

1 minute ago, dunfer said:

i just hope theyre good commercials this year. Since weve changed the name and gotten rid of the owner and the whole team and coaching staff and uniforms. Give us good commercials during our pick

You'll get Target Lady and like it.

2 hours ago, Dah-Dee said:

Daniels had all three of Nabers, Thomas and Lacy for both the 2022 and 2023 seasons, and none of them were 1st round picks at the end of 2022. It was apparently that second season in the same offense that flipped the switch for all of them.

Nabers was a 1st rounder before 2023 in many places, including about 1/3 of the way-too-early mock drafts I just scoured. Brugler had him 19th overall last May, for example. 

Thomas wasn’t, that’s true. 

I saw a lot of familiar names in those spring/summer 2023 mocks. Williams was usually #1. Maye was almost always top 5. Penix was usually there in the top 20, and McCarthy was in a lot of them in the same range. Nix occasionally showed up at the end of the 1st of a couple.

34 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I could see the tailor running it by the mom lol.

Considering what we know so far about his mom, it wouldn't necessarily surprise me if his mom was the one controlling these things that seem out of his control. Maybe she expressed her displeasure to the agent about the Commanders process, and she was the one who told the tailor what to do with the suit. It tracks.

Edited by mistertim
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Nabers was a 1st rounder before 2023 in many places, including about 1/3 of the way-too-early mock drafts I just scoured. Brugler had him 19th overall last May, for example. 

Well, the point was, none of them were big news before 2023, they all blew up together in Daniels' second season in the offense.

But the few mocks I checked - PFF, 33rd Team, YB - all had none of them in the first round. And if 2/3 of the mocks you found said the same thing, looks like apparently Nabers was not generally considered a first rounder before the 2023 season happened.  

26 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Well, the point was, none of them were big news before 2023, they all blew up together in Daniels' second season in the offense.

But the few mocks I checked - PFF, 33rd Team, YB - all had none of them in the first round. And if 2/3 of the mocks you found said the same thing, looks like apparently Nabers was not generally considered a first rounder before the 2023 season happened.  

Are you saying you think Nabers success was mostly due to Daniels? If so, I'd watch the cutups of Nabers. Dude is ridiculous and regularly made DBs look like clowns. Same with Thomas.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Are you saying you think Nabers success was mostly due to Daniels? 

No.

Watched the Shannon/Ocho thing with JD5:

Well, as expected the Daniels interview on Night Cap was pretty much a nothing burger.

He did tell them he played at 205 last year and that teams have talked to him about putting on weight gradually in the NFL.

Didn't sound like he thought the Raiders would be able to trade up high enough to pick him, and he didn't take the bait on talking about any preference for a team when they asked him about the Raiders and the Commanders.

Edited by Dah-Dee

Daniels says he played at 205 this season.

Also said over the offseason he set the main goal of winning the Heisman and the strength & conditioning staff put a Heisman sticker on the wall by his station.

I thought it was kind of notable that he didn't say his main goal was making the CFP...

Seems like a good kid though. Sharpe asked about him taking care of his parents after making the NFL and he said "not too much, they gotta keep working for now... maybe after the 2nd contract"  😂😂 I thought that was hilarious hahaha  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Also said over the offseason he set the main goal of winning the Heisman and the strength & conditioning staff put a Heisman sticker on the wall by his station.

I thought it was kind of notable that he didn't say his main goal was making the CFP...

Yeah, that bothered me. They asked him specifically what his goals were going into the 2023 season, and he went immediately to "Heisman," didn't talk at all about winning the SEC or getting to CFP. Ugh.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Considering what we know so far about his mom, it wouldn't necessarily surprise me if his mom was the one controlling these things that seem out of his control. Maybe she expressed her displeasure to the agent about the Commanders process, and she was the one who told the tailor what to do with the suit. It tracks.

1 minute ago, Dah-Dee said:

Yeah, that bothered me. They asked him specifically what his goals were going into the 2023 season, and he went immediately to "Heisman," didn't talk at all about winning the SEC or getting to CFP. Ugh.

It's hard to get a handle on him. Seems like a good guy, kind of quiet, a little nervous sometimes. But the smoke about his mom, the agent thing, him potentially getting a bit upset by having to do the group thing with the Commanders (maybe not getting the red carpet treatment), the Heisman suit and silly story about it being some rogue tailor that put him all over his own lining, now his apparent focus purely on winning the Heisman vs CFP, etc.

It just gives me a sus vibe. 

• Like 5