Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Dah-Dee said:

Seems like if anyone's helping themselves in these drills, it's the WRs tracking down all these wonky QB throws.

Yeah I’m a bit feeling let down by overall by the QB’s… in fact Joe Milton even with his huge cannon of a arm only proves to me what we all knew anyhow about him… all the tools but when the lights come on he’s a no show… reminds me of the driving range guys… great in the range but another thing on the course…..imho JJ definitely moved into the 4th QB taken … if not the 3rd w/all the noise about Jayden Daniels … Daniels better have a awesome/great (controlled atmosphere) Pro Day

Just now, Command The 414 said:

Yeah I’m a bit feeling let down by overall by the QB’s… in fact Joe Milton even with his huge cannon of a arm only proves to me what we all knew anyhow about him… all the tools but when the lights come on he’s a no show… reminds me of the driving range guys… great in the range but another thing on the course…..imho JJ definitely moved into the 4th QB taken … if not the 3rd w/all the noise about Jayden Daniels … Daniels better have a awesome/great (controlled atmosphere) Pro Day

Nobody actually moves during the draft.  And there’s no way McCarthy is going to jump Maye or Daniels when they didn’t do anything.

Also, look back 10 pages at the tape breakdown I did.  I know literally 1% of what a professional scout knows and if I can tell his tape is crap, it’s possible he’s the surprise faller in the draft.  Literally everybody is trying to put a shine on him.  But his tape isn’t great by a long shot.  

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

They do. They break them up in groups. Penix is in next group. 

Ok.  That’s what I thought.  I thought whoever I was reading said when he throws tomorrow.  

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

If you are comparing Hartmans arm to Leary's you need to change the prescription on your glasses. Leary has a hose. 

Just saying they both like to put more air underneath deep throws than seems necessary.  Feels like a confidence problem.

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They do. They break them up in groups. Penix is in next group. 

Sorry guys, thought I heard the booth guys say Penix was throwing tomorrow. Now I have to go do all the Comcast/etc login again to get back to the live stream. Ugh!

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

Just saying they both like to put more air underneath deep throws than seems necessary.  Feels like a confidence problem.

Leary struggled with his accuracy on his very early throws, but then really got in a rhythm, I’d say after JJ, Leary was second best out of all of them.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Minnesota coach, Kevin O’Connell was joking that Mike McDaniel could fit into an extra small shirt earlier before the throwing drills. That guy is quirky but he has a very unique story, his players love him, and he is a really good coach. He won’t last there much longer if he can’t get Miami to win a playoff game though. 

Edited by mac8887

Caleb came across really well on his segment on the broadcast now. They did a goofy segment where he is trying different sour candy. He is likable and really comfortable. Totally relaxed on camera. 

• Like 3

Did we really need a 5 minute segment of Williams eating sour candy? That felt like a commercial for one of his NIL brand deals

Also again it was stated that the trade market for Fields is pretty non-existent at the moment 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Did we really need a 5 minute segment of Williams eating sour candy? That felt like a commercial for one of his NIL brand deals

Yes we did. Media presence and likability is a factor. Maye and Caleb doing interviews while Daniels is in hiding avoiding cameras after his coward move to not weigh in speaks volumes. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Yes we did. Media presence and likability is a factor. Maye and Caleb doing interviews while Daniels is in hiding avoiding cameras after his coward move to not weigh in speaks volumes. 

Yep. You are not just drafting your QB. You are drafting the face of your franchise. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

LOL.

We didn't need a long segment of Caleb Williams trying sour candy. Watching plays with JJ McCarthy and asking him about Harbaugh and playing for him? That's fine. Thats actually useful lol. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

I disagree. That was a I owe you interview to the league. OJ Simpson came across as a likable guy too. What former coaches, teammates, friends say about him is far more important. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

LOL.

We didn't need a long segment of Caleb Williams trying sour candy. Watching plays with JJ McCarthy? That's fine. Thats actually useful lol. 

JJ ahas a pair to be interviewed on the broadcast and talk about his performance today. Answering specific question on his throws. 

Daniels going in hiding is an issue regardless of if you think it’s a factor or not. Every single team has the broadcast on in their suite. Daniels not being there will be noticed. The guy massively hurt himself this weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

LOL.

We didn't need a long segment of Caleb Williams trying sour candy. Watching plays with JJ McCarthy? That's fine. Thats actually useful lol. 

Thing is these are opportunities Daniels is missing out on by leaving. Image matters to a franchise. 

8 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Also again it was stated that the trade market for Fields is pretty non-existent at the moment 

I feel bad for Fields.

I called him mid but that doesn't mean he's bad.  But I also get the desire to not throw a 2nd at him for a lot of teams.  If his market is a 3rd then you need the Bears to sign off on that too.

At this point I wonder if we have to wait post-draft or at least post 1st round for some team to trade for Fields.

2 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I disagree. That was a I owe you interview to the league. OJ Simpson came across as a likable guy too. What former coaches, teammates, friends say about him is far more important. 

Bro. Tell me which one of these guys is OJ Simpson on the field and we should trade our entire draft for him. You are talking about one of the top 5 players in the history of the league most likely.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thing is these are opportunities Daniels is missing out on by leaving. Image matters to a franchise. 

I didn't even mention Daniels? Its up to teams to decide whether they care or not that he left early and if they do, to ask why he left.

But again, that has nothing to do with Williams and that silly sour candy segment (especially when we know one of Caleb's NIL deals is sour candy)

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

Daniels leaving is kinda like the guys who, pre-pandemic, took every opportunity to not be in the office.

Sure, they might get their work done but there's some value in showing your face in the office.  Taking every opportunity to do your job from home or a starbucks is inevitably gonna raise eyebrows eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1