Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

For crap's sake, somebody take the box of donuts away from JJ McCarthy. Yes son, people have been saying you're a toothpick, but putting on 17 pounds during the season is a little much, dontcha think? 🤪

• Haha 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Really the only thing that mattered for Daniels at the combine were his measurements. I am surprised he skipped it. 

I don't like it. I understand he probably wants more time to put on one more weight but I don't like it. 

Nabers is surprising. I'm not sure why he would 

• Like 3

My guess is his weight is lower than expected and he plans to use the extra time to gain good weight.

It does put a bit of a damper on the pre-combine  Daniels momentum though. 

Only positive is that if he does bulk up and still runs under 4.50 at his pro day he'll be fine on that front.

Il

• Like 3

Its so annoying how these guys just choose not to take part in the combine. And that goes for all prospects, not just this year’s crop. You are on the cusp of a multi-million dollar NFL contract and can’t be bothered to run and throw the ball a few times with no contact

• Like 4

Daniels got asked about that in press pool, said he wanted to draw as many eyes as possible to LSU pro day so the non-Daniels/Nabers/Thomas teammates there - players not invited to combine - would have the best chance possible to get attention of scouts/etc.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

ROFL that is hilarious if true. Daniels has a ton of talent, but I want my quarterback to be available, not on the IR.  We went thru this with RG3 already.

3 minutes ago, alaroche04 said:

ROFL that is hilarious if true. Daniels has a ton of talent, but I want my quarterback to be available, not on the IR.  We went thru this with RG3 already.

Not sure why that was posted as he doesn't get info and has an obvious bias against Black QBs which he has been called out on many times...BUT my guess is he's like 205 or so and wants to get as close to 220 as possible.

I still think he should have weighed in as that was the biggest question. Both he and Nabers are putting a ton of pressure on their pro day.  

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I just want the draft to get here. 

This one pick can set us on a path to be where the Packers or Saints are on this list 20 years from now. 

Steelers haven’t had a Top 5 pick in 54 years, let that sink in.  They’ve had some losing seasons in that time but were never that bad.

7 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Daniels got asked about that in press pool, said he wanted to draw as many eyes as possible to LSU pro day so the non-Daniels/Nabers/Thomas teammates there - players not invited to combine - would have the best chance possible to get attention of scouts/etc.

Saw this as well. Seems… convenient. 

• Haha 2

Just now, seantaylor=god said:

I bet he doesn’t run at pro day. Just weighs in at the most he can gain and throws.

I agree... I doubt he runs after trying to gain 20 lbs.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

5 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Pfffft. As if LSU‘s pro day is going to be ignored or something, if not for his long awaited weigh in. Not a huge red flag because we already knew he was underweight, but definitely is pushing me toward the Drake Maye side of the discussion at 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Apparently Denver's strategy was to show QBs their worst film/plays and have them explain them lol. 

Sean’s ego is what’s going to get him fired in a couple of years.  He’s in a division with Mahomes and the Chargers will be much better under Harbaugh.  He’s going have a tough time winning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I agree... I doubt he runs after trying to gain 20 lbs.

Yep, it’s not just whether he can put on the weight, but whether he can do it without losing his speed. Unless both are measured at the same time, I guess we’re not going to know, which makes it difficult to get on board with drafting him over Drake Maye.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Not sure why that was posted as he doesn't get info and has an obvious bias against Black QBs which he has been called out on many times...

Wait, so him infering that Daniels didn't weigh in at the combine to hide his weight is racist? 😂

I can't believe we are at this point.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I'm about as pro Daniels as anybody other than our proud LSU/Louisiana battalion of newly minted Commanders fans, but this is serious.

Daniels is now officially off my board of qbs worth taking at pick 2-- until we get a legitimate weight on him, either at his pro day or when he comes to visit us.

The reality is we have no earthly idea what he weighs or how tall he really is. The numbers that colleges report are purely cosmetic.

He could be anywhere from 190 lbs soaking wet to the 210 lbs. he's listed at.

My guess is he's probably under 200 lbs and he's having issues gaining weight; which would be a serious concern if true.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

They would still get fired if Caleb busted anyways. You have to take the guy you think you can be successful with. Success is all that saves your job in the NFL. 

Adam will survive if the qb he drafts is a bust , as long as he hits well elsewhere. He’ll get that shot to find another qb.

If the qb busts, Dan will likely be the scapegoat.

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39632538/bears-draft-caleb-williams-trade-first-pick-justin-fields

The buzz about what Chicago Bears general manager Ryan Poles will do with the No. 1 pick in April's draft grew so loud at the NFL combine this week that he put his phone on "Do Not Disturb." 😆

ESPN polled representatives of 22 NFL teams and asked two questions:

• Do you think the Bears will take Williams with the first pick?

• Do you think they should trade the pick and build around Fields?

The combination of general managers, coaches, scouts, player personnel staff and other front office executives believes by a 18-4 margin that the Bears will select Williams with the first pick April 25.

For the second question, the tally was 17-5 against trading the pick and building around Fields. One NFC college scout believes the Bears will draft Williams, but he thinks they should bring Fields back for a fourth year.

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I'm about as pro Daniels as anybody other than our proud LSU/Louisiana battalion of newly minted Commanders fans, but this is serious.

Daniels is now officially off my board of qbs worth taking at pick 2-- until we get a legitimate weight on him, either at his pro day or when he comes to visit us.

The reality is we have no earthly idea what he weighs or how tall he really is. The numbers that colleges report are purely cosmetic.

He could be anywhere from 190 lbs soaking wet to the 210 lbs. he's listed at.

My guess is he's probably under 200 lbs and he's having issues gaining weight; which would be a serious concern if true.

Yeah, if he is sub 205 he would be one of the lightest QBs in the league. And if we would want him to run that’s a recipe for disaster injury wise. We also don’t know how tall he is. He doesn’t look short but he could be closer to 6’3. 

And I’m also not confident any numbers from LSU pro day should be taken as gospel. They have every incentive in the world to have him weight more. If I was a team thinking of drafting him at 2, I’m bringing my own scale lol.

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 2