Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

At the end of the day Purdy is not winning a superbowl.Everyone that knows football could predict this.

Purdy is just limited physically..He may be smart ,but he just doesn't have the arm talent to overcome tight coverage.

8 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

At the end of the day Purdy is not winning a superbowl.Everyone that knows football could predict this.Go get Caleb!

And yet the niners came within a missed PAT from doing it, plus a fluke punt play that hit the foot of a defender on the receiving team.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ananoman said:

And yet the niners came within a missed PAT from doing it, plus a fluke punt play that hit the foot of a defender on the receiving team.

Not true..Chiefs just would of bypassed the FG at the 9 yard line and went for the touchdown..SF lost because Purdy couldn't sustain drives and get touchdowns..The guy is just too limited physically..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ananoman said:

It's strange.  He made key plays on two different. Was it 3? Drives that could have won or been huge in winning the game.  I don't think he's a legend but to go from last draft pick to a close SB and should have gone last year without injury... seems pretty good.  And better than a more visually appealing QB like Kirk Cousins...or Lamar Jackson has ever done. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Keep this schedule handy folks!

February 20th: Teams may Franchise/Transition Tag players

February 27th - March 4th: NFL Scouting Combine

March 5th: Deadline to Franchise/Transition Tag players

March 11th: NFL Free Agency Negotiating Period begins

March 13th: Free Agency begins

March 24th - 27th: NFL League Meetings

April 25th - 27th: NFL Draft

May 2nd: Deadline to exercise 5th-Year Options

May 9th: NFL Schedule Release

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of said:

It's strange.  He made key plays on two different. Was it 3? Drives that could have won or been huge in winning the game.  I don't think he's a legend but to go from last draft pick to a close SB and should have gone last year without injury... seems pretty good.  And better than a more visually appealing QB like Kirk Cousins...or Lamar Jackson has ever done. 

You left out just one detail...SF is loaded with talent compared to Jackson's or Cousins teams.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Not true..Chiefs just would of bypassed the FG at the 9 yard line and went for the touchdown..SF lost because Purdy couldn't sustain drives and get touchdowns..The guy is just too limited physically..

Josh Allen is gifted physically and while he didn't miss the wide right pt 2 he did come up short and has in the past.

Lamar Jackson had a great defense this year that did its job vs Reid and Mahomes and... came to short though that fumble from flowers wasn't on him. 

Just now, Ghost of said:

Josh Allen is gifted physically and while he didn't miss the wide right pt 2 he did come up short and has in the past.

Lamar Jackson had a great defense this year that did its job vs Reid and Mahomes and... came to short though that fumble from flowers wasn't on him. 

Allen also doesn't have the team that Purdy does..Jackson is a one trick pony..stop his running and he is done.

8 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Let's be real here. Wherher purdy ever wins a sb or not... his first full year starting he led a team to the sb. We dream of sniffing the playoffs let alone the sb.

Agreed Cannot take away from what he’s accomplished, he’s not the flashy Ferrari but that Honda motor is reliable and gets his team into positions to win football gsmes

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Is there any possibility we can trade out of no.2 and somehow still snag Daniel’s? I think he’s better than Drake Maye personally…

Not with the Raiders and possibly the Falcons and Vikings lurking. If you want a QB, you have to grab him. 

If we trade out then I would just assume they are targeting one of the 2nd or 3rd tier QBs like McCarthy, Nix or Penix.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Not with the Raiders and possibly the Falcons and Vikings lurking. If you want a QB, you have to grab him. 

Dang because I’d prefer him over Drake Maye. I don’t see what the hype is behind Maye I don’t get the Justin Herbert feels ppl are getting from him.

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Dang because I’d prefer him over Drake Maye. I don’t see what the hype is behind Maye I don’t get the Justin Herbert feels ppl are getting from him.

I Don't see the hype behind Daniels..Maye is bigger,stronger,and has better arm talent..

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I think Roethlisberger is a better comp (though I am not big on comps in general) but either way its been reported there will likely be at least 4-5 teams looking to trade up in the draft for a QB

10 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I Don't see the hype behind Daniels..Maye is bigger,stronger,and has better arm talent..

Well if that was all it took Will Levis would be the best QB in the NFL since he's 6'4", has bigger muscles than most linebackers and can throw lasers

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

6 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I don’t see what the hype is behind Maye I don’t get the Justin Herbert feels ppl are getting from him.

They both warrant their hype.

Maye is big, has a great arm, is very creative and is young and mold-able

Daniels has refined mechanics, consistent accuracy and brings high end rushing.

Much Hype.

12 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Burrow was a highly regarded prospect on draft day, but any hype on Herbert is 100% hindsight driven.  He was not some elite prospect, and was even seen as a reach at 6 at the time.  His comp was Carson Wentz.  Maye's is Joe Burrow.  Maye is a much better and more highly regarded prospect than Herbert was.

Ehhh, don't agree, although maybe this is semantics. Dude was basically projected perpetually to go between 5 and 10 in the '20 class for what 2 years, and that's exactly where he went. Kind of like Maye, he didn't blow the doors off, but rather underperformed expectations a little bit his final year of college, so he never climbed inside the top 3-4 discussion with Burrow skyrocketing, Chase Young, and Tua and his injury, he just continued to sit inside that 5th-10th area, always seeming projected in mocks for a good solid 18 months at least in that 5th-8th overall area.

That's elite. It's elite. Period. Is it a locked in, no doubt top 2-3 QB pick like Burrow, Stroud, Kyler, Young, Lawrence, Luck etc in their classes? No, but it's definitely the blue chip zone, and a different sort of prospect than the guys typically taken in the teens and 20's. 

So not really sure what you mean though. 

As for Maye? I'd agree, I think Maye's overall valuation has been better than Herbert's, period, and that's a hopeful sign, but a much better and more highly regarded is probably pushing it a little. I don't know how wide you really call a divide or chasm, between a guy carrying a Burrow in '20, or Tua in '18-'19, and a Herbert in '18-'20 rating. They are not the same tier to me, but they're still close. This isn't a case of a guy like Haskins, or a push up scenario like Danny Nickels, or a Josh Freeman, or Jordan Love or whatever, it's the blue chip zone, and while Herbert wasn't the epic tier 1 zone, in the sense of being locked in at 1st overall, or close, I concede that, but he was always an elite prospect that was very highly rated, like Maye, just a touch behind him, a better final year, and he'd be right there. It's funny to imagine if the Dolphins had taken him instead of Tua, in fairness, I would have taken Tua as well, I thought he could be back to his '18 and '19 self with the some good healthy by '21 or '22. Alas, I was totally wrong, he has to work his butt off to play average to above average ball at best. 

Just now, FootballZombie said:

They both warrant their hype.

Maye is big, has a great arm, is very creative and is young and mold-able

Daniels has refined mechanics, consistent accuracy and brings high end rushing.

Much Hype.

Daniels is also 2 years older with more experience..Maye has a higher upside

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

That he is.

I don't think he has JD's upside tho.

I do..Daniels is not gonna survive taking the hits that he does..name one QB that their best asset was running that has won a SB.

• Like 1

Daniel’s best asset is running? He had a 72 pct completion percentage throwing 40 tds and 4 ints 

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I do..Daniels is not gonna survive taking the hits that he does..name one QB that their best asset was running that has won a SB.