Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Keim says not only did Howell/Maye play in air raid, he texted Phil Longo to ask if Kliff Kingsbury offense was similar to UNC and Longo confirmed it’s very,very similar.

Longo and Kingsbury also know each other.

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 6

The great thing is it’s highly unlikely any team poached KK for a HC job anytime soon. 

Him and Maye will work magic together. 

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I don’t see the point in taking a second tier rookie QB. Might as well try and fix Howell. I also don’t like the idea of going WR at #2. 

Trade to #1 for Williams

or take Daniels at #2

or get the hell out the pick and get a haul in return.

Agreed. If its not one of the big 3 then Id rather just run it back with Howell and spend our other picks on OL and weapons.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

KK with Howell and Maye will have us hitting the ground running.

I kind of wouldn't be surprised if they run it back one more year with Howell. He flashed at times, so maybe it's worth seeing how he'd do with real coaching and -- assuming -- a stable staff that could help him. I'm up for whatever Peters/Quinn wants.

• Like 1

Just now, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I kind of wouldn't be surprised if they run it back one more year with Howell. He flashed at times, so maybe it's worth seeing how he'd do with real coaching and -- assuming -- a stable staff that could help him. I'm up for whatever Peters/Quinn wants.

No new regime is gonna bank on the previous regime’s late round project who’s rookie contract is already halfway up. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

No new regime is gonna bank on the previous regime’s late round project who’s rookie contract is already halfway up. 

We gonna ignore Sirianni keeping Hurts? And don't bring up Hurts being a second-rounder like it makes a difference. Howell was a projected first-rounder the year before he got drafted. Crap is all subjective.

For the record, I'm not fighting for Howell to keep the job. I'm just saying he didn't all suck last season. If they feel like Howell can turn it around, I'm 100% up for it.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

These guys continue throwing Sam howell out there as qb1 next year. Did you guys not see the last 2 months of the season? 

This draft is loaded with top end qb talent. If they actually do run it back with sam for any reason other than injury and he fails, that would instantly turn the entire fanbase on the new owner, gm, and coach. Especially if any of the rookie qbs plays well.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

We gonna ignore Sirianni keeping Hurts? And don't bring up Hurts being a second-rounder like it makes a difference. Howell was a projected first-rounder the year before he got drafted. Crap is all subjective.

For the record, I'm not fighting for Howell to keep the job. I'm just saying he didn't all suck last season. If they feel like Howell can turn it around, I'm 100% up for it.

Hurts had only played one year and wasnt as damaged goods as Howell is. Didnt lead the league in sacks or picks. Also Philly wasnt in a position to draft someone better. We are.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

That would be incredibly stupid and I say that as a big Howell fan and a huge fan of the trade back.

We have the #2 pick in a great QB draft. We hopefully won't be drafting this high for a long time.

If Howell is the goods and we draft Maye or whoever and they're great too, we have a Brees/Rivers situation and that's even better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That would be incredibly stupid and I say that as a big Howell fan and a huge fan of the trade back.

We have the #2 pick in a great QB draft. We hopefully won't be drafting this high for a long time.

If Howell is the goods and we draft Maye or whoever and they're great too, we have a Brees/Rivers situation and that's even better.

Just gotta trust they know what they're doing with whatever that happens. 

Edited by Professor_Nutter_Butter
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Just gotta trust they know what they're doing with whatever that happens. 

I've thought about bringing in a vet like Wilson and trading back a couple times and still drafting McCarthy. I don't hate that idea. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Is he prepared to have everyone disregard his opinions on everything with this statement?

Yeah I don't agree with it either. Russel Wilson is garbagio. I do understand the idea but we need to hit on a blue chip thoroughbred at #2.

• Like 1

We're picking second in a two blue chip QB draft.  There is smoke that the best prospect in over ten years might force his way out of Chicago, and he has a personal connection to our new OC.  If not, then the fourth best prospect in ten years is sitting there at our natural pick.

Gonna repeat myself a lot over the next three months, but we have two and only two great options to decide between: Williams and Maye.  That's all we need.

I can't think of any more surefire way to burn up all of the good will that the team has earned with this super promising start to the rebuild, than to fumble this opportunity at QB.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

Yep, irrespective on your choice of rookie QB, rolling with Howell would be quite the call. Heck, maybe a trade for Fields and/or Lance is on the cards too :ols:

its going to get interesting if nothing else….

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yep, irrespective on your choice of rookie QB, rolling with Howell would be quite the call. Heck, maybe a trade for Fields and/or Lance is on the cards too :ols:

Hadn't actually thought about Lance. Not sure how deep the connection is with Quinn. And I doubt the Cowboys would just turn around and trade us Lance for the same price they paid to get him.

Fields, on the other hand --- maybe. But he's going to be needing an extension right away, so you'd have to be pretty confident in his abilities to make that trade.

You could probably get Fields for one of the 2's. And in that scenario, you're able to trade #2 and get a huge draft haul. 

35 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Is he prepared to have everyone disregard his opinions on everything with this statement?

I've been preparing for this my entire life and I'm probably going to have all sorts of wacky ideas the closer we get to the draft and I'll make some damn good arguments for them, but I do agree that we're getting either Williams or Maye and that's pretty awesome.

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

It's so fun right now!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Man he just gives me big time diva vibes who will be more worried about branding and image than working on his craft. Dont get me wrong if hes there at 2 Id still snatch him up in a heartbeat but Im leery of trading up to 1 to get him. 

Chase Young all over again. No thanks to Caleb. Give me JD5 or Maye. Hopefully JD5.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

In these times of uncertainty, I'd always ask: What would Snyder do? We all know the answer -- he'd mortgage our future to acquire Caleb, bask in the praises from the national media, consume every crumb of adulation tossed by his celebrity "friends" and local politicians, then personally greet Caleb at the DCA tarmac wearing his fresh custom-made USC go-fasters to demonstrate how culturally and socio-economically in sync they are before having the head coach chauffeur them to their lavish dinner reservation. The answer is clear: don't trade up for Caleb. It's what Dan would do.

• Like 1