Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Jesus Christ on a hoverboard. Why are you having such a hard time understanding the point here so many times? Nobody is saying that he shouldn't throw to guys who are getting wide open.

The problem is that he currently is playing with superior talent and making throws in a way that he absolutely won't be able to do in the NFL. Even top WRs don't get that open and you have to be able to throw into tight windows and with anticipation if you want to succeed.

That doesn't necessarily mean he can't learn to do it. But it does mean that he doesn't currently show those NFL level traits or abilities. That's a big risk with a top 3 pick.

We disagree that he hasn't shown the ability to make tight window throws and throw with anticipation. Period. Why are you having such a hard time understanding?

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Jesus Christ on a hoverboard. Why are you having such a hard time understanding the point here so many times? Nobody is saying that he shouldn't throw to guys who are getting wide open.

The problem is that he currently is playing with superior talent and making throws in a way that he absolutely won't be able to do in the NFL. Even top WRs don't get that open and you have to be able to throw into tight windows and with anticipation if you want to succeed.

That doesn't necessarily mean he can't learn to do it. But it does mean that he doesn't currently show those NFL level traits or abilities. That's a big risk with a top 3 pick.

How do you know he cant throw over the middle with anticipation? You don't know the lsu playbook or what his coaches asked him to do. For some reason you are assuming he can't do something because he wasn't asked to do it much. You know what happens when you assume?

Edited by mac8887
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, mac8887 said:

He has not shown that he cant throw in the middle with anticipation. You don't know the lsu playback or what his coaches asked him to do. For some reason you are assuming he can't do something because he wasn't asked to do it much. You know what happens when you assume?

Watch. His. Cutups. You can see what throws he's making consistently and which ones he's not. He's very rarely throwing into tight windows in the middle. You can also see how open the receivers are and whether he's going through multiple reads.

It's all right there.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Watch. His. Cutups. You can see what throws he's making consistently and which ones he's not. He's very rarely throwing into tight windows in the middle. You can also see how open the receivers are and whether he's going through multiple reads.

It's all right there.

Sorry I've seen cutups of him making throws into tight windows and throwing with anticipation. Sorry if that disagrees with your narrative. So sorry.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, pico926 said:

Sorry I've seen cutups of him making throws into tight windows and throwing with anticipation. Sorry if that disagrees with your narrative. So sorry.

Which ones did you watch? Let's watch them together and count.

• Confused 1

Just now, mistertim said:

It's all right there.

You don't put up the numbers he did and win the heisman if you are making the wrong decisions. Why would he throw over the middle in tight windows risking getting his guys demolished by big hits when he can throw to more open guys on the perimeter.

Again, I have not heard anyone say that he can't throw over the middle into tight windows with anticipation, except for a few on this board.

The only knock I've heard on him is that he comes of his reads to quick, and like I said, I'd much rather deal with that then a guy holding onto the ball and hitching while being locked on a guy waiting for him to get open. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, mac8887 said:

You don't put up the numbers he did and win the heisman if you are making the wrong decisions. Why would he throw over the middle in tight windows risking getting his guys demolished by big hits when he can throw to more open guys on the perimeter.

Again, I have not heard anyone say that he can't throw over the middle into tight windows with anticipation, except for a few on this board.

The only knock I've heard on him is that he comes of his reads to quick, and like I said, I'd much rather deal with that then a guy holding onto the ball and hitching while being locked on a guy waiting for him to get open. 

Again (and again, and again, and again) nobody is saying he mad the wrong decisions, but that he won't be able to make the same throws in he NFL that he did in college because guys are simply not going to get that open. He hasn't consistently shown the ability to throw into tight windows in college, therefore it's a toss-up as to whether he'd be able to do it in the NFL.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, mac8887 said:

I havent seen anyone say he CANT. Only that he DOESNT. He is making the right read by throwing to the wide open guy. That wide open guy rarely exists in the NFL. Not demonstrating the ability (even if he can) should have teams worried about using a top 3 pick on him.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Again (and again, and again, and again) nobody is saying he mad the wrong decisions, but that he won't be able to make the same throws in he NFL that he did in college because guys are simply not going to get that open. He hasn't consistently shown the ability to throw into tight windows in college, therefore it's a toss-up as to whether he'd be able to do it in the NFL.

But how are you so sure he can't? Especially if he wasn't asked to or didn't need to? Just a few posts ago you said he couldn't do it, now your saying it's a toss up=progress. Come on over to the darkside.lol

Just now, mac8887 said:

But how are you so sure he can't? Especially if he wasn't asked to or didn't need to? Just a few posts ago you said he couldn't do it, now your saying it's a toss up=progress. Come on over to the darkside.lol

THAT'S. THE. POINT.

Nobody knows if he can because he rarely ever has to do it. That means it's a complete unknown, which makes it a very risky bet for a top 3 pick.

• Like 1

Ive never seen an alien. So I can be sure they dont exist. 

• Thumb down 1

38 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I think the one with colt Mccoy also showed him layering the ball over the middle really well. 

Look at the top of his head. 

Narrow shoulders. Pencil neck. Gets hit like Sonic with gold rings popping out.  No sixth sense of the great QBs. Also his name is Jayden instead of Jalen, the cultural phenomenon started by famous Michigan Man, Jalen Rose (his mom, really). Following in the illustrious footsteps of Will Smith's no talent offspring. Nothing but red flags for this guy. 

Pass, and unfortunately I'll be passing into a tighter window than he's seen 

Edited by Ghost of
  • Thumb down 1

Hilarious to see people in this thread do exactly what every league expert and all the GMs said teams did with Mahomes and Herbert and Stroud which was a mistake.

SkinsInParadise even posted a whole article about it. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of said:

Look at the top of his head. 

Narrow shoulders. Pencil neck. Gets hit like Sonic with gold rings popping out.  No sixth sense of the great QBs. Also his name is Jayden instead of Jalen, the cultural phenomenon started by famous Michigan Man, Jalen Rose (his mom, really). Nothing but red flags for this guy. 

Pass, and unfortunately I'll be passing into a tighter window than he's seen 

Name 1 major injury he has had? And at least he has a neck. He is tall and will put on weight with a nfl strength program. Lamar and jacoby were both thin when they came into the league, they are both jacked now

Edited by mac8887

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Hilarious to see people in this thread do exactly what every league expert and all the GMs said teams did with Mahomes and Herbert and Stroud. 

Daniels isnt the passer any of those guys are. 

Name 1 major injury he has had?

Its about how he projects to the NFL. Hes run first and doesnt know how to protect himself. He could stay healthy but there is a good chance he gets knocked around a lot. Look at what happened to Richardson this past season.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

What? Do you even know what I am talking about? 

Imagine being so eager to knock a QB that you post something that has literally NOTHING to do with what I said or the article I was referencing. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Thumb up 1

THAT'S. THE. POINT.

Nobody knows if he can because he rarely ever has to do it. That means it's a complete unknown, which makes it a very risky bet for a top 3 pick.

Do any of the QBs consistently demonstrate tight window throws over the middle with anticipation?  To begin with, I think the opportunity to play against defenses in college at a level where the QB play needs to throw with NFL level anticipation are just not that numerous to begin with.  I've seen this been touted as Maye's strength, but even those talk about his ability to do it, not that he has consistently done it.  I think coaches would look more at can a player be taught to do this rather than can he do it right now.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Hilarious to see people in this thread do exactly what every league expert and all the GMs said teams did with Mahomes and Herbert and Stroud which was a mistake.

SkinsInParadise even posted a whole article about it. 

Stroud was a hell of a college QB and great from the pocket, what is you talking about?

1 minute ago, Ghost of said:

Stroud was a hell of a college QB and great from the pocket, what is you talking about?

I think the point they’re trying to make without actually stating the point is they were overlooked as being the best in their class? Or that people compare college QBs to current QBs and make their decision on that.

Edited by mh86

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its about how he projects to the NFL. Hes run first and doesnt know how to protect himself. He could stay healthy but there is a good chance he gets knocked around a lot. Look at what happened to Richardson this past season.

Apparently he projects great as an nfl qb, most people have him as the 2nd best qb in this class in a stacked qb class. He is a very accurate qb and doesnt turn the ball over. Look at what happened to Joe burrow injuries happen

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Do any of the QBs consistently demonstrate tight window throws over the middle with anticipation?  To begin with, I think the opportunity to play against defenses in college at a level where the QB play needs to throw with NFL level anticipation are just not that numerous to begin with.  I've seen this been touted as Maye's strength, but even those talk about his ability to do it, not that he has consistently done it.  I think coaches would look more at can a player be taught to do this rather than can he do it right now.  

It's certainly true that for the most part no college QB is going to have to throw with as much timing, anticipation, etc. as an NFL QB.

That being said, if you watch cutups of Williams and Maye you see that they throw far more tight window and anticipation throws than Daniels does. And part of that is the fact that they mostly have **** supporting casts with mediocre WRs. Certainly nobody of that caliber of the two WRs that Daniels has.

So that goes back to my point. At least we've seen those guys do it pretty consistently. We haven't with Daniels. Which doesn't mean he can't do it or can't learn to do it, but it does mean that it's definitely a risk that has to be taken into account when talking about such a high pick, and that there at least may be a longer learning curve in the pro game.