Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Terry isn't a captain? My bad if not. 

I don't know if he is that wasn't what I was saying. 

We're just not on the same page here.

I heard that Rivera spoke to his captains, meaning all of them, and its hard for me to assume a conversation amongst a group would result in the assumption that Terry wanted wentz just because he was part of a group conversation that resulted in that decision. 

For all we know he could have been the lone voice of opposition. 

I wouldn't guess he was just saying we don't really know what Terry's opinion was based off the information we have.

But again I'm working off only what I've read here.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Wentz looked great in the limited time against the 49ers. Maybe his time on the bench was the kick in the butt he needed plus he hasn’t been in this type of offense before so the extra time couldn’t have hurt. I love Heinicke but he should have been benched after the Giants tie during the bye. Wentz looked like a legit NFL qb. 

The keyword here is "limited". Will see how he does with full 60 minutes of football and how much chemistry he has with Terry since he practiced more with Jahan while Terry was going through his negotiations. I would like both to have TDs on Sunday while in the redzone. 

Why did Ron wait so long? Did he wanted to see Taylor fail first and then switch to say to Taylor you did good but we need Wentz now? I am not against the switch and I know we are in the playoffs hunt and all cards needs to be on table (like I have said before) so hopefully it pays off.

Just now, redskinss said:

I heard that Rivera spoke to his captains, meaning all of them, and its hard for me to assume a conversation amongst a group would result in the assumption that Terry wanted wentz just because he was part of a group conversation that resulted in that decision. 

I wouldn't guess he was just saying we don't really know what Terry's opinion was based off the information we have.

That's fair. I don't know if he meant offensive captains. All of them. I don't know if it was one at a time or a round table. I also didn't realize Wentz was a captain for some reason.

But I am going to assume that if he talked to Terry, Logan and Leno and came away with starting Wentz, that their opinions mattered about it.

If it was a toss up and Ron chose, I'm wrong, but if they leaned towards Wentz, I'm sure it mattered. If they were defiantly against Heini, no way Ron Chose Wentz.

Quarterback Carson Wentz, wide receiver Terry McLaurin, tight end Logan Thomas and offensive tackle Charles Leno Jr. represent the offense. Defensive tackle Jonathan Allen, linebacker Cole Holcomb and cornerback Kendall Fuller are the defensive captains. Longtime punter Tress Way represents the special teams.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

For the record, Terry IS a captain. Why wouldn’t he be, he’s terry. How DARE you question his captainhood! 

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Why would you think that?  :ols:

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Lol that's not a real quote

OK, if so wonder if it was someone having fun with Sam (who is a good radio interview with his thick Irish accent) negatitve or positive takes on Kirk.  Poking around I gather having fun with his positive quotes. 

Regardless, it doesn't influence my point.   Vikings already with 12 wins, more than our team has had since the SB.  But the onus would be on him to win in the playoffs especially against his old team.

So if its Wentz-Kirk the drama on this thread would be a ton of fun.  Make it happen Carson!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Are you one of those guys who feels insulted when being corrected...to the point that you don't like seeing others corrected, either? lol...

Are you one of those guys that likes banging his head against an unwavering wall?

• Haha 2

I think this is the wrong move.  TH gives us the best hope to win now and even last week, TH looked Really good until the back to back turnovers (Only 1 I think is his fault).  Wentz had a great TD pass, but everything else was short dumps offs against a prevent defense giving up the short dump offs.  

BUT - I hope I am wrong and even better -I really hope this is a Doug Williams Situation.  Doug Williams is remembered as this great Redskins QB but in truth, he was 0-2 as a starter in the 87 season who came in off the bench in the last game of the season and got hot. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If it was a toss up and Ron chose, I'm wrong, but if they leaned towards Wentz, I'm sure it mattered. If they were defiantly against Heini, no way Ron Chose Wentz.

I think the simpler answer would be that they told Ron whatever you decide coach we will play hard for either one. I would imagine they are not going to put Taylor under the bus and they shouldn't. They are all teammates and respect each other one has to think. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Dude we are in a playoff push and haven’t won a game since November and our next game is being played in January. No one on the team is against the move except number 4.

• Like 1

Just now, TMK9973 said:

I think this is the wrong move.  TH gives us the best hope to win now and even last week, TH looked Really good until the back to back turnovers (Only 1 I think is his fault).  Wentz had a great TD pass, but everything else was short dumps offs against a prevent defense giving up the short dump offs.  

BUT - I hope I am wrong and even better -I really hope this is a Doug Williams Situation.  Doug Williams is remembered as this great Redskins QB but in truth, he was 0-2 as a starter in the 87 season who came in off the bench in the last game of the season and got hot. 

Listening to Keim, their take is "good" Taylor still doesn't equal points.

Tough to win if you don't score points.  That's why Taylor's turnovers are a big deal.  You can't both struggle to score points AND spot points for your opponent by having turnovers in or near the red zone. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I think the simpler answer would be that they told Ron whatever you decide coach we will play hard for either one. I would imagine they are not going to put Taylor under the bus and they shouldn't. They are all teammates and respect each other one has to think. 

Ron - "you guys are all captains, in the locker room and on the field. I value your opinion about which QB we should start before I make an announcement" 

The Captains - "NO"

:ols:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You are.

That wasn’t prevent defense.  The Niners blitzed and blitzed and blitzed Wentz.

There was even commentary on the blitzes Wentz faced in real time (at least on Twitter).

5 minutes ago, zCommander said:

God damn it was supposed to be a bye-week joke! Taylor is so bad he can't even win the.... :kickcan:

yeah, but see, I'm one of those guys who feels insulted when he's corrected, and even when I see someone else corrected lol...

(*the above is based on real events)

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

There was even commentary on the blitzes Wentz faced in real time (at least on Twitter).

yeah, but see, I'm one of those guys who feels insulted when he's corrected, and even when I see someone else corrected lol...

(*the above is based on real events)

Maybe you could find a Commanders themed one.

TK could include it with our annual membership fees.

Whereyoucanbangyourhead GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I don't know whether or not to applaud KB for the thread title change or throw tomatoes at him lol...

Nailed it!

@Koolblue13  when did you change the thread title? I have always looked at Heini Hole in the title and clicked on the thread lol

This morning when I selected this beautiful new avatar. I'm not biased, but do you like it?

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Somebody here also had the audacity to say that he got “bailed out” by throwing the shuffle pass when almost sacked.  Mahomes does that and he’s a miracle worker. 😭

He bailed himself out by thinking quick on his feet and making a good play?...That's a unique take lol...that sounds like it's from the Buddy Ryan "All he does is catch touchdowns" school of logic.

• Like 1

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

He bailed himself out by thinking quick on his feet and making a good play?...That's a unique take lol...that sounds like it's from the Buddy Ryan "All he does is catch touchdowns" school of logic.

You're in a mood today.

All I see is Prince Harry. You must think royaly of him lol

He's no Prince Albert

• Haha 1