Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

If traded I think Broncos give up 2 1st, a 2nd and a player (probably Jerry Jeudy). The good thing for the Broncos is they have both Courtland Sutton and Tim Patrick locked up longterm so they don't need Jeudy at all. They can just replace him via the draft and the Packers would be getting a young player with upside who is still on a rookie deal - and they need receivers. It's a win-win for both teams 

• Thumb up 1

They need to trade for Watson next week. Let the media explode for a week and take the lumps then hit free agency running. Worst case Heinicke start 6 games to start the year. It’s a no brainer given the scarcity of QB resources out there. Dude is a baller and questionable stuff behind closed door with random masseuses will blow over. It did for Kraft. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They need to trade for Watson next week. Let the media explode for a week and take the lumps then hit free agency running. Worst case Heinicke start 6 games to start the year. It’s a no brainer given the scarcity of QB resources out there. Dude is a baller and questionable stuff behind closed door with random masseuses will blow over. It did for Kraft. 

He has to have all criminal cases resolved. After that you can make the move and deal with fall out. I was reading on texans message board it's 50/50 he gets indicted.

I

Edited by Redskins 2021

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

He has to have all criminal cases resolved. After that you can make the move and deal with fall out.

He’s not going to get indicted. Even f he does he’s not going to lose. You price in the risk in the offer and give Houston breathing room. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He’s not going to get indicted. Even f he does he’s not going to lose. You price in the risk in the offer and give Houston breathing room. 

Houston may not want to deal him until after the cases have been settled and then once he is cleared they get more in compensation for him.  A thought on my part. 

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

To risky, this trade if we make it will make or break us till 2030. I expect if he settles the civil cases he may miss next year to. I was against trading for him all together truth be told I am still not 100 percent on board. If we get him he we are super bowl Contenders right now. I would sign Bridgewater for year and then maybe make deal.

The league also may be saying he can't be moved till this is finished. He will be going to Nfc team. Probably us eagles or panthers.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Apparently Denver’s offer for Rodgers is 1/2 this year and 1 next year. Seems a good deal for both sides. 

That’s it? I’d add a 12024.  That’s basically what we ended up spending to get Griffin. And for that you get Rodgers and most likely MVP level play for 4 years. 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s it? I’d add a 12024.  That’s basically what we ended up spending to get Griffin. And for that you get Rodgers and most likely MVP level play for 4 years. 

I am sure Gb will come back ask for alot more

Edited by Redskins 2021

Something has to give with Watson before March 20th if Texan's want to avoid guarantees.

https://www.battleredblog.com/real-actual-thought-provoking-houston-texans-analysis/2022/1/18/22889182/the-current-state-of-the-texans-2022-salary-cap

Well, the potential Deshaun Watson trade is a keystone piece in and of itself. Getting another team to take on Watson’s contract as it stands would be ideal. Watson’s fully guaranteed money kicks in on March 20th, which will hit Houston’s cap for $35 million if they haven’t traded Watson by then.

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If he doesn't just decide to retire. 

• Like 2

For those currently holding onto the idea that we would be fine running out TH on Week 1 assuming we also draft a QB, I will say this much, there hasn't been a QB mentioned pretty much at all whether a draft pick, veteran QB, or former starter looking for a second opportunity that I wouldn't rather see starting right now than TH.  Now obviously the front office has to still be smart about it and not be suckered into giving up the same for a Trubisky or Mariotta that you would for a Rodgers or Watson, but still, we need someone different starting this season.

Another thing, at this point I think any QB not wanting to be traded here has more to do with Ownership, front office, and perhaps coaching instability more than the roster of players themselves.  And that is justified as far as I'm concerned.  Doesn't mean it would actually hold them back from success but there is plenty of reasons to be timid about going down the road to find out. 

Edited by NoCalMike

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

That’s nowhere near the worst case. 

The worst case is the DA charges him with sexual assault, he is put on the Commish’s ineligibility list until the courts sort that out (which could be well over a year) and then he’s convicted and goes to jail.  Then if he’s released within the next few years he’s suspended or banned from the league depending on the charges he was convicted of. 

We would end up with nothing except lack of picks and his salary cap hit.  

THAT is the worst case scenario and it’s not that far fetched. Maybe it’s not the most likely scenario, but it’s not that unlikely. 

Once the criminal charges are sorted out, the option to make a deal opens.

Also, remember, Watson has a no trade clause which he would have to waive to come here.  So we could offer our next 3 firsts, seconds and thirds, if he wants to go to Carolina (He went to Clemson, so maybe getting closer to there is appealing? I don’t know) then he can force his way there.

Regardless, he’s not getting moved until the criminal stuff is cleared up.  Which might not be until later this month.  His lawyer said the DA was going to decide by April first.  But who knows if that’s accurate. 

19 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You have absolutely no way of knowing that.  And there is no FO on the planet that’s going to put the future of the team in the uncertainty of the US criminal justice system.  

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If he doesn't just decide to retire. 

Yeah.  I think if he gets traded he’s have to commit to playing another 4 years or until the team wins a SB.

• Like 1

I haven't been up on the latest on Watson but the last time I read information on the case, which is months ago, it seemed like there was a good case to be made that there was some suspicious coordinating going on behind the scenes, now that doesn't negate the initially accusations or charges necessarily, just that all the additional things piling up might be questionable.  The problem is do you take the chance as a front office that this mucks up the original charge enough that the entire things get tossed because even if the guy is only found guilty of a couple charges it could still destroy any chance he has of ever playing again.    I am sure there is so much being looked into behind the scenes about this whole situation that the public is at least 20 steps behind on real verified information so I would hope if that trade is attempted, the Commanders front office knows something the rest of us don't.