Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I am not sure what the logic is here.  Thinking that Heinicke can get 9-10 wins seems to be based on hope more than anything.

To be fair, that’s only asking two more wins than he got this year. 

I think 9 wins is possible with Heinike. I don’t think playoff wins are (unless we match up against Tampa :ols:)

Even as a bridge, i don't think Heinicke is the guy.

During that magical 4 game win streak, we were averaging 22 points, Heinicke averaged 220 yards. 

Good backup.  But I have my doubts he'd win 9-10 games.   I do think him struggiling at the end wasn't all about injuries.  Teams were clamping down on our run game, not biting the same way on play action and misdirection stemming from the run game and daring Heinicke to beat them.   When they broke their losing streak, the Giants couldn't stop Gibson but Heinicke looked "meh' in that game.

He's a good backup.  Good dude.  But if he's the starter next year, its borderline cringe worthy for me. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I am worried that his crap game may make them want to get another guy. They have all the marbles this year to do whatbthey want.

If that happens we may be called the San Diego Commanders because the rebranding will be a disaster.

Wilson with NYG

Watson with PHl

We will be in last place for 5 years.

Edited by Redskins 2021

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I am not sure what the logic is here.  Thinking that Heinicke can get 9-10 wins seems to be based on hope more than anything.

I like Heinicke, it's been a fun ride.  But he's not the guy.  I mean, we'd have to have an elite defense and all the skill guys healthy for him to get us to 10 wins, IMO.

He's a great backup.  But I can't watch a full season of Heinicke starting every game.  You never know which dude is going to show up and I don't see how that changes from this year to the next.

Draft two quarterbacks, see who shakes out.  

He had 7 wins this year. So it’s unrealistic to think he can win 2 more games with an easier schedule and healthy skill players? I don’t want TH as our qb1 next year but my goodness some of y’all are overreacting a bit. 

At this rate the Eagles will be on the hunt for a QB and with 3 picks between 15-20 will be primed to jump ahead of us too.

No chance we can sit at #11 for a QB. I just don’t see it. I really think we’d have to agree a pre draft trade to get into the top 4 if we are looking towards the first round to address QB.

Just now, Jds0912 said:

He had 7 wins this year. So it’s unrealistic to think he can win 2 more games with an easier schedule and healthy skill players? I don’t want TH as our qb1 next year but my goodness some of y’all are overreacting a bit. 

Mayhew made it clear we have been working through our options to address the issue at QB for quite some time. They have long moved on the Heinicke being a starting option moving forward.

• Like 1

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

At this rate the Eagles will be on the hunt for a QB and with 3 picks between 15-20 will be primed to jump ahead of us too.

No chance we can sit at #11 for a QB. I just don’t see it. I really think we’d have to agree a pre draft trade to get into the top 4 if we are looking towards the first round to address QB.

I'd add Roseman considers himself the ultimate wheeler dealer.  He's made mistakes but he's been good IMO as for most of his trades.

My bigger fear is they package a deal for Russell Wilson.  I know some on this thread want to see Wilson playing against us in this division based on some of the posts I've read over time here, but i am definitiely not in that group.

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd add Roseman considers himself the ultimate wheeler dealer.  He's made mistakes but he's been good IMO as for most of his trades.

My bigger fear is they package a deal for Russell Wilson.  I know some on this thread want to see Wilson playing against us in this division based on some of the posts I've read over time here, but i am definitiely not in that group.

Dak, Watson and Wilson in the division would be a killer.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think 9 wins is possible with Heinike. I don’t think playoff wins are (unless we match up against Tampa :ols:)

I'd agree if I didn't think teams got the book on Heinicke as the season progressed.  I made some specific observations on that front on the Heinicke thread at the time.

It was one of Logan Paulsen's main points about Heinicke early on which is eventually defensive coordinators figure out how to defend a QB and when they do, can that QB counter punch?

I don't think Heinicke's slump at the end of the season was purely about injuries. 

Having said that.  Who knows?  But count me in the group of people who really really really don't want it to play out next year to find out whether this is true or not.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Mayhew made it clear we have been working through our options to address the issue at QB for quite some time. They have long moved on the Heinicke being a starting option moving forward.

So you don’t think TH could win just 2 more games with an easier schedule and a healthy surrounding cast? Keep in mind I have zero desire to have TH as our starting qb next year. 

1 minute ago, Jds0912 said:

So you don’t think TH could win just 2 more games with an easier schedule and a healthy surrounding cast? Keep in mind I have zero desire to have TH as our starting qb next year. 

Possibly. Or win 2 games less. Either way, I think we’ve seen the best of TH and it’s clearly not good enough overall.

6 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

That's not the point. Its incredibly difficult to sustain success when you're having to play around your QB's weaknesses instead of being built around a strong one.

People keep saying "but imagine if Heinicke had one more receiver/running back/tight end etc. etc.". Okay fine. But what if we had a GOOD QB with those extra weapons? 

Lets not set our standards low anymore.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Burgold said:

20 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

It's a team game, fellas.  Team game.

"He had 7 wins" doesn't tell the whole story.  The team won 7 games when he was quarterbacking.

As erratic as he can be, I don't know how you guys can automatically act like it's a layup that he can get two more wins next year.  

Just now, Warhead36 said:

That's not the point. Its incredibly difficult to sustain success when you're having to play around your QB's weaknesses instead of being built around a strong one.

People keep saying "but imagine if Heinicke had one more receiver/running back/tight end etc. etc.". Okay fine. But what if we had a GOOD QB with those extra weapons? 

Lets not set our standards low anymore.

That’s not my standard. I’ve said many times I want to get a big name qb or a few guy I like in the draft. I want Super Bowls. But I’m not going to crucify TH and make him seem worse than what he actually is.