Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

28 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

People are continually making comparisons to QBs who have won nothing.

Who’s being ridiculous

And you want daniels right?

Who comps as a best case scenario to lamar Jackson who's won nothing.

Sound ridiculous yet?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You literally just asked us if we'd want an elite QB like Josh Allen and framed it as a negative thing. Yes, that's ****ing weird.

I want to be winning Super Bowls.

Just now, redskinss said:

And you want daniels right?

Who comps as a best case scenario to lamar Jackson who's won nothing.

Sound ridiculous yet?

No Williams.

1 minute ago, skinsmania123 said:

And I agree 100% with this. Burrow cannot stay healthy but Daniels from everything I have read and looked at made major adjustments in his strength and conditioning, so he is more durable. I like Daniels, but it is that history, that is concerning. I personally think we are going to wind up with Maye, regardless.   And while we can make comparisons to Allen, and Burrow, they have not won anything. 

And that is fair. 80% of Allen will give you a chance every year though. Dont get me wrong I pray Chicago takes Maye and we get "stuck" with Caleb. I would literally run naked up and down my street if it happens. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

The low bar being set is staggering to me.

Josh Allen is not a low bar.

You keep arguing we need to trade up for Williams but the Bears arent trading the pick. Its a completely pointless argument. Its not happening.

if you wanna argue Daniels should be the pick thats at least within the realm of logic and reason. What youre arguing isnt. Because its not gonna happen.

• Like 1

Tom Brady literally lectured Josh Allen on his dumb decision making. He's a talented QB that may never win anything significant because he is often a terrible decision maker and plays too much hero ball 

Brady "A big part of playing QB is mitigating risks"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

No Williams

But we don't have a shot at williams without trading up.

I'd take him in a heartbeat if he's available at 2 but don't forget it's still a longshot he becomes the next mahomes and we aren't getting Andy Reid with him.

I'm done with this conversation after this, I don't think you're a troll but you are acting like one right now and the visceral replies to your recent posts prove that out.

• Like 1

Allen has his flaws for sure and Im still salty him missing the open Diggs late cost me a $1000 parlay but hes still a top 5 QB and gives you a chance every year. Thats all you can ask for.

Let me put it this way. If youre guaranteing me the QB I get at 2, whoever it is, is Josh Allen, Ill take that every time.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Josh Allen is not a low bar.

You keep arguing we need to trade up for Williams but the Bears arent trading the pick. Its a completely pointless argument. Its not happening.

if you wanna argue Daniels should be the pick thats at least within the realm of logic and reason. What youre arguing isnt. Because its not gonna happen.

I’m not arguing anything. We’re talking about our future franchise QB selection here and people keep referencing QBs who have won nothing. 

• Confused 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

And that is fair. 80% of Allen will give you a chance every year though. Dont get me wrong I pray Chicago takes Maye and we get "stuck" with Caleb. I would literally run naked up and down my street if it happens. 

I have come around on Caleb. He is definitely the best, in terms of overall ability, and I came to think that a lot of stuff in the media was overblown about his personality. Nothing new there.  I was thinking that Chicago would stay with Fields, because he improved this year, a few better receivers, and better protection.  They are going to unload him for sure.  Maybe Atlanta?  You know there is that Bearitis. I mean has any QB been good there in the past 25 years?  I don't think so. I sort of feel bad for Caleb if he winds up there. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m not arguing anything. We’re talking about our future franchise QB selection here and people keep referencing QBs who have won nothing. 

How many QBs have won a ton? Williams aint Mahomes either. Noone is. 

You take someone you believe gives you a chance every year for a devade and let the chips fall where they may.

of course if there is a guy that guarantees Super Bowl wins you get him but that guy doesnt exist.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dunfer said:

put josh allen on cowboys or 49ers. Whos going to the superbowl every year in the nfc?

So Allen is someone who needs a perfect team around him to win? Is that what you're suggesting?

Why are people acting like the Bills haven't been a pretty stacked team? What? This is like people who swear Kirk hasn't had enough around him in Minnesota?

• Thumb up 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

And that is the problem isnt it? Which QB is gonna beat Mahomes in this draft?

If you were to choose who gives us the best shot over the next decade, who you taking ?

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Only like what, what, 40 QBs in NFL history have won a Super Bowl? Its an absurd standard.

After the 20 years of ****, why aren’t you aiming higher ?

Just now, Est.1974 said:

If you were to choose who gives us the best shot over the next decade, who you taking ?

The best that is available at our slot, which is most likely Maye or possibly Daniels based on everything we know at the moment.

We dont live in a world where Williams is available. Until you grasp that point, I dont know what to say…

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

So Allen is someone who needs a perfect team around him to win? Is that what you're suggesting?

Why are people acting like the Bills haven't been a pretty stacked team? What? This is like people who swear Kirk hasn't had enough around him in Minnesota?

Might as well trade back and draft JJ if you need the perfect team around him too.

3 minutes ago, dunfer said:

put josh allen on cowboys or 49ers. Whos going to the superbowl every year in the nfc?

I think you are right. When I think of the two passes Diggs alone dropped in the last playoff game they played, one that would have sealed the game for them, it is sad.  And how many times has the D let him down after he brings them back? Often. 

Hopefully, Maye has that capacity. But Josh Allen had a rough rookie year.  So we have to be patient.

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

no not at all. NFC is wide open. Josh would own our conference

Cowboys and 49ers are nfc elite with mediocre qbs

5 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Daniels had a pretty stacked team. Can’t have it both ways. That being said. This started as a - we could hope for Allen level success. They aren’t the same, most of us understand 

Edited by mh86
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1