Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Insomniac thread: 2021 - Week 1 - Welcomes the restless, die hard drunken fans!!!

zCommander

Football officially starred last night and starting the party a tad bit early. Why not! :D

Man I am pumped. I might not be able to sleep until Sunday night now...lol

Nice to have some blueprints from the Cowboys and Tampa game for our coaches. Should come in very handy in beating both of them.  :)

Hopefully the stadium is full of WFT fans instead of Bolts. 

To be honest I am not too confident in Fitz yet. Read on NBC Edge page that Fitz is great in practice but not so good on the actual playing field...ouch. 

Regardless, I am still going to try to enjoy our 1st game of the season. :)

HAIL WFT!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Hey guys and gals... we survived the Great Panny and have a football season upon us.  and, we are mathematically still alive for the playoffs!

HTTR!

You are one of the last members I would expect to speak in such defeated terms.  We are the REIGNING! DEFENDING! UNDISPUTED NFC EAST CHAMPIONS!

1E620243-E547-4C9C-8613-FC4607849BFE.gif.2fda22dfeb71abe4a80d59617a370fbb.gif

Act like it!

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

It is sad to think that we haven't had our own franchise QB like in forever. If it wasn't for Gibbs we would have never won those 3 SBs with 3 different QBs. 

Joe Gibbs built teams and why I respect his accomplishments more so than Bill Belichick. Brady sticking it to Dallas tonight just reminded me that Brady made Bill…not the other way around.

Edited by Redskins Reparations
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Joe Gibbs built teams and why I respect his accomplishments more so than Bill Belichick. Brady sticking it to Dallas tonight just reminded me that Brady made Bill…not the other way around.

Very true. Also true is that Brady had confidence in himself from the day he was drafted. He told Kraft:  ‘You’ll never regret picking me.’ Brady was never Belichick's pick anyway. Whoever ran their board picked him. It was in the 6th round and they probably saw something in him that the coach didn't or couldn't. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Dallass did put up a hell of a fight against the champs though.  That offense is going to be scary. 

I don't know about that, I just checked the standings and dallas are last in the league in points difference 😀.

Seriously though, and it sickens me to say it, but they did look good. Dak played real well and their OL pass pro was excellent. I'm so glad they lost.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

5 hours ago you posted “go team”.....now you’re claiming “misery will unfold”. Which one is it, are you excited or are you claiming a bad loss will occur? 😂😂😂

With tater it is all about standing on both sides. If you say we are going to suck on Sunday then when they win he can say man that was a good win. By saying go team he also has the other part covered as well in case we win and say I had confident in the team. Just call him teeter tater instead....lol

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

5 hours ago you posted “go team”.....now you’re claiming “misery will unfold”. Which one is it, are you excited or are you claiming a bad loss will occur? 😂😂😂

And you seeing me say go team really makes you think I'm excited?

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

With tater it is all about standing on both sides. If you say we are going to suck on Sunday then when they win he can say man that was a good win. By saying go team he also has the other part covered as well in case we win and say I had confident in the team. Just call him teeter tater instead....lol

Lol...... I'm sorry to be such a Debbie Downer but I just want a damn team that wins every year right fire myself up about how this will go right and that will go right and this will happen and this will happen it always goes to poo so I'm going to take a different approach this year... oh hum don't even care if I watch

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I'm sorry to be such a Debbie Downer but I just want a damn team that wins every year right fire myself up about how this will go right and that will go right and this will happen and this will happen it always goes to poo 

This team literally won the division last season.....did you forget that? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This team literally won the division last season.....did you forget that? 

In all seriousness I really do I keep forgetting we won the division see that's the other thing I think of look back to last year coach was fighting cancer quarterback room was ugly no OTA no preseason fast forward to a year cool we got a coach that has the team in the right direction we had o t a training camp we have a? At quarterback and unproven wide receivers

41 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

In all seriousness I really do I keep forgetting we won the division see that's the other thing I think of look back to last year coach was fighting cancer quarterback room was ugly no OTA no preseason fast forward to a year cool we got a coach that has the team in the right direction we had o t a training camp we have a? At quarterback and unproven wide receivers

So you are saying Fitz is less than Haskins? Terry scary is no longer scary? Patterson is not the diamond in the rough? I could go on. Even if the team has improved 25% from last year that still puts this team in playoff talks. 

You want to be a debbie downer I guess that is okay too. 

I personally like to think positive. If **** doesn't happen the way I might think then it is what it is but no way in hell I am going to think negative. Never have and never will - not just in football but in life too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, London Kev said:

I don't know about that, I just checked the standings and dallas are last in the league in points difference 😀.

Seriously though, and it sickens me to say it, but they did look good. Dak played real well and their OL pass pro was excellent. I'm so glad they lost.

Felt like the Bucs made the unforced errors, i.e. mental lapses and turnovers. Sloppy start for them. Bucs look to be dominant. 

Cowboys looked better than I thought they would, but I still see the 2nd best team in the division. 

• Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, zskins said:

So you are saying Fitz is less than Haskins? Terry scary is no longer scary? Patterson is not the diamond in the rough? I could go on. Even if the team has improved 25% from last year that still puts this team in playoff talks. 

You want to be a debbie downer I guess that is okay too. 

I personally like to think positive. If **** doesn't happen the way I might think then it is what it is but no way in hell I am going to think negative. Never have and never will - not just in football but in life too. 

Nope no where in there did I say fitz is less than haskins...it's just a huge ? Right now..negative or positive that's where we're at rn..