Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

On 1/7/2022 at 3:03 AM, No Nonsense said:

I’m a little surprised that they’re having games on Saturday this week with the playoffs next week. Is there a guarantee that a team that’s playing Saturday won’t be playing a team that’s playing Sunday? 

I'm sure it will work out in Dallas' favor.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 3:03 AM, No Nonsense said:

I’m a little surprised that they’re having games on Saturday this week with the playoffs next week. Is there a guarantee that a team that’s playing Saturday won’t be playing a team that’s playing Sunday? 

I could be wrong, but I think that's been the practice for quite some time.

Although despite that, you still bring up a good point.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I could be wrong, but I think that's been the practice for quite some time.

Although despite that, you still bring up a good point.

Games being played on Saturday of the final regular season weekend? That is definitely new this season. i think the idea behind it was to have games that have playoff implications on that day. 

20 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Games being played on Saturday of the final regular season weekend?

I definitely remember Saturday games at the very end of the season, at least the last several years.

Now, they may have skipped the very last weekend like you said, as I can't be positive about that, but they definitely have been doing Saturday games near the end of the season, perhaps for a couple weeks immediately preceding the final weekend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I definitely remember Saturday games at the very end of the season, at least the last several years.

Now, they may have skipped the very last weekend like you said, as I can't be positive about that, but they definitely have been doing Saturday games near the end of the season, perhaps for a couple weeks immediately preceding the final weekend.

A couple of Saturdays in December, yes, you’re right about that, however that wasn’t the topic. But none of those have been in week 17(or now, week 18). 

i remember the league even saying the reasoning behind Saturday games in the final regular season weekend is to have games that have playoff implications. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

to have games that have playoff implications. 

That seems to be an extremely high priority in everything they do, especially schedule-making, and more than ever.

Like for example, our last 5 games are Divisional.

And we're not the only ones like that, there's others.

Gotta keep increasing that revenue, no matter how high it is.

I had very little interest in the Dallas -Philly game since the division is wrapped up, and both teams are already in the playoffs.  I was hoping that Parsons and Diggs could pad some stats... but neither are playing, so that is out the window.  I was also hoping Zeke would get some rest and Pollard would get to be the feature back... but Pollard is out too.  Now, about the only players who will be playing are veterans who don't need the experience (or the wear and tear) from a fairly meaningless game.

I would like to see Dallas get the rare NFC East sweep, but other than that, this feels like an exhibition game.

12 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Guys... if the nightmare scenario of Dallas vs Philly in the NFC Championship happens, who would you root against?  You're not allowed to root for nuclear war/earthquake/super covid.

Eagles fans are worse than cowboys fans, but they're fewer and farther between. I'd have to root for Philly to win. Also, I don't want them to get any use out of their draft picks.

51 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Guys... if the nightmare scenario of Dallas vs Philly in the NFC Championship happens, who would you root against?  You're not allowed to root for nuclear war/earthquake/super covid.

Don’t tell me what I’m not allowed to root for.  

if i want to root for a plane crash, I’ll root for a plane crash!!!! (Not that i would....)

:) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

if i want to root for a plane crash, I’ll root for a plane crash!!!

If a plane crashed at the 50 yard line, which end zone would they bury the survivors in?

Edit: It's sickening how, with 5 minutes left in a very competitive Chiefs-Bronocos game, they are showing us players warming up at the next game.

Edited by Tsailand
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Shhh nobody say anything, let's see long long it takes him to figure out that they bury people in cemeteries, not end zones.

But how long it will take you to figure out they only bury dead people in cemeteries and not survivors. 

One thing about Philly ; they always seem to make good choices in coaching hires, and they always start out quickly with a bang, and not some 2-5 year rebuild.

Whether it's Siriannu, Pederson, Chip Kelly, Andy Reid, etc.

You don't see them going through a laundry of coaching hires, or wasted hires.

And one thing about Dallas - they know how to draft WR's, always.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2