Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Just now, woodpecker said:

Question for all you film watchers... are you sure Dotson can get off the line in the NFL? I’m worried that thirty years later we just took Desmond Howard again.

He'll be protected in the slot being off the line but theres concern with his lack of production across the middle of the field. Nearly all of his production is outside the hashes 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, woodpecker said:

Question for all you film watchers... are you sure Dotson can get off the line in the NFL? I’m worried that thirty years later we just took Desmond Howard again.

Part of that falls on the coaches. They have to scheme him free.

But if he is aligned off the line of scrimmage I think he can, yes. He needs to work on his hands a bit. But in the meantime the coaches need to utilize short motions.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

Just for the record, I’d infinitely rather have Jameson Williams than Jahan Dotson and two mid round picks. Williams could have been transformative for the offense and I expect Dotson to be an incremental improvement. 

No telling in JW even comes back close to what he was though.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Thanks for sharing.  I wish evals would factor in solid GMing; trade downs/evaluations assume the GM (passing on a consensus BPA & now with extra harder to hit on late round picks) is competent e.g. giving more picks to an incompetent GM likely won't be graded accurately.  Yeah it's a great move if we parlay those 2 draft picks into solid players but I for one am lacking confidence in our team and front office. 1 playoff win in 20 years will leave scars.

Giving a GM a grade I think would also be challenging.   

We talk about JJ Watt vs Kerrigan.  What if the skins stayed at 10 and drafted Blaine Gabbert.  I'm pretty confident there was some talk they would do it.   While kerrigan may not have been watt level, he crushed Gabbert.   Without knowing the original 10 is hard to truly grade at the original pick. 

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Part of that falls on the coaches. They have to scheme him free.

But if he is aligned off the line of scrimmage I think he can, yes. He needs to work on his hands a bit. But in the meantime the coaches need to utilize short motions.

Thanks KD! You don’t sound very confident about it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

No telling in JW even comes back close to what he was though.

Also no telling what the medical was.

I agree, all things considered and a great medical it's hard to justify dropping and passing on Williams. But he's coming off of a torn ACL during Bowl Season. I can understand it even if WIlliams blows up. That's a big risk. 

Just now, woodpecker said:

Thanks KD! You don’t sound very confident about it.

I am confident he'll be fine. He's never going to be the best in the league at it. But he'll be fine. Guy has a high football IQ and is very coachable.

His feet and agility are high end. So I think if he can get his hands to work he'll do great. He's physical enough. 

I'd like him to add 5ish pounds to his frame, 10 if he can do it without losing a step. But otherwise I'm comfortable with it.

But it's a skill that takes time. SO in the meantime I hope the coaches have contingencies. 

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Also no telling what the medical was.

I agree, all things considered and a great medical it's hard to justify dropping and passing on Williams. But he's coming off of a torn ACL during Bowl Season. I can understand it even if WIlliams blows up. That's a big risk. 

We're definitely not in the position to gamble on a player like that, especially not over another top WR prospect with great attitude and work ethic who seems like a sure fire pro WR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Here one to think about if Willis or the old Miss Qb are there at 47 any interest. Willis could be a great jack of all trades player.  I would say no but something to think about.

No QBs in rounds 2-7 please. Next year, sure

Edited by duffy
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

I am right there with you. DCs will be jamming him from the get go so we will find out. Seeing Desmond talking about getting drafted yesterday, didn't help.

Edited by RandyHolt

Just now, RandyHolt said:

I am right there with you. DCs will be jamming him from the get go so will find out. Seeing Desmond talking about getting drafted yesterday, didn't help.

Those of you concerned with this, can you provide me examples of when he was jammed in the slot that specifically worry you?

• Like 2

Just now, Zim489 said:

I think im going to put a wager down on Corral being our pick some where in the second round 

I don't know about specific players, but I could see a QB being drafted.

Look, I know, we like Heinicke. I do, too. But if Wentz goes down we go right back to not having a quarterback who can throw the ball and we immediately neutralize all of our receivers.

I'm not saying it has to be round 2. The board can dictate that. But QB is almost a necessity. 

If we don't want someone breathing down Wentz neck, I get it. You have to give him a shot. So if it's Strong or Crum I'm good with it. 

33 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

You don't like Anderson from Montana state?

25 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I can't comment on Anderson. I don't like forming opinions on guys based on reports and there's basically no film out there on him.

I like his athleticism and versatility. But I have no idea how good of a LB he is. 

I like what I've heard about Anderson, but I get a "Jamin Davis" vibe about him. Not sure I wanna take him.

Edited by duffy

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Ah ok. Yeah RAS means more for TE than any other position. 7 of the 10 top TEs in the league by PFF ratings at least have a RAS of at least 9. 8 of the 10 over 8. All over 7. 

Your posts in response to mine are from Mars.

Show me where I am trashing RAS?  Or trashing McBride?

I was doing the absolute opposite of that.   I was pushing McBride and @Going Commando was responding to that and saying Likely is as fast.  And I told him not so.

I am not sure what you are confused about?

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

I dont know what everyone thinks of Payne. I would like to keep him but I know about the salary  cap as well.Rumor is a team offered a mid first round pick for the Dt from the Panthers D. Brown. He is going into year 3. 

Maybe we can get a second for Payne? 

2nd and 4th or just keep him. Wonder who Tampa are targeting at #33 ?