Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

States and Federal officials bringing indictments against Trump and other Republicans for voter fraud

LadySkinsFan

6 hours ago, Bang said:

honestly, what in the **** is an Unindicted co-conspirator?

Charges can come later. I assume there’s a reason for doing it this way 

• Like 1

They need more evidence, likely cooberating evidence to nail down enough to pass reasonable doubt. They also hope that one or more of the indicted will turn and provide that evidence. 

On another note, I voted today for our local government positions. Those are important too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

Prosecutorial discretion.  

Right but I was thinking more strategy wise

like maybe it makes it easier to go after him with a bunch of organizing a conspiracy charges if you have already convicted the people he organized to do the crimes

im totally guessing though and have no idea what really guides the decision making. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Right but I was thinking more strategy wise

like maybe it makes it easier to go after him with a bunch of organizing a conspiracy charges if you have already convicted the people he organized to do the crimes

im totally guessing though and have no idea what really guides the decision making. 

Oh, I'm equally guessing.  

But for example, maybe the prosecutor figures that if he doesn't charge people like Trump and Rudy, then he can prosecute the others without being subject to people who have unlimited piles of other people's money so they can play "just throw **** against the wall and hope you can delay things for 4 years" games.  

(And he can let other jurisdictions spend their money doing all that.)  

• Like 1

Zapata served as deputy director at the Milwaukee Election Commission in October 2022 when she used her work-issued laptop to obtain three military absentee ballots using fake names and Social Security numbers, according to a criminal complaint. She sent the ballots to Republican state Rep. Janel Brandtjen, an election conspiracy theorist, two weeks before the state’s gubernatorial and legislative elections. 

After officials learned of her actions, she was fired from her job with the city.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Former Trump attorney John Eastman pleads not guilty in Arizona election interference case

John Eastman, a former attorney for former president Donald Trump, pleaded not guilty on Friday to charges related to a conspiracy to overturn the 2020 election results in Arizona.

Eastman is among over a dozen Trump allies who were charged in the state last month, including former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, former Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani and former Trump aide Boris Epshteyn.

Outside of the courthouse following his arraignment, Eastman said, "I, of course, pled not guilty. I had zero communications with the electors in Arizona, zero involvement in any of the election litigation in Arizona or legislative hearings. And I’m confident that with the laws faithfully applied I will be fully exonerated at the end of this process."

Eastman is the first of the group to plead not guilty.

Click on the link for the full article

Ex-Overstock CEO ‘once again violated’ protective order hours after hearing to disqualify ‘Kraken’ lawyer, Dominion tells judge

After a U.S. magistrate judge warned that a disqualification hearing would not be moved again, a “Kraken” lawyer facing multiple felony charges in Michigan showed up to court last Thursday in Washington, D.C., and made her best pitch for remaining on Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation lawsuit after a massive discovery breach. Just hours later, Stefanie Lambert’s client, former Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne, “appears” to have “once again violated” the protective order, a Dominion lawyer has since informed the judge.

Dominion attorney Davida Brook told U.S. Magistrate Judge Moxila Upadhyaya on Monday that Byrne, who was ordered to appear in person for last week’s hearing and was pressed along with his lawyer on whether he understood the protective order, apparently “used X to further disseminate the impermissibly leaked documents” from Dominion discovery that led to the plaintiff’s motion to disqualify Lambert from the case.

“On May 16, 2024, the same day as this Court’s most recent hearing on Dominion’s Emergency Motion, third party Patrick Colbeck, through the X.com account @pjcolbeck, published a string of posts promoting false claims about the Dominion documents Mr. Byrne and Ms. Lambert leaked, and attaching screenshots of what appear to be certain impermissibly leaked documents,” the Dominion filing said. “A few hours later, at 1:45 AM ET on May 17, Defendant Byrne, through his account @PatrickByrne, used X’s ‘quote’ function to repost one of Mr. Colbeck’s posts to Mr. Byrne’s hundreds of thousands of followers.”

Click on the link for the full article