Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think it moved

86 Snyder

Completely agree, guys.

The feeling of completion this season is markedly positive.

Not even 2012 can compare, as the entire civilized world saw RG3 was done and would never recuperate his early season explosiveness. 

Everyone knew Cousins had saved his bacon at key moments during the season and a QB conflict was inminent.

Freezing and then cutting Haskins was the key for this turnaround. A shot heard around the world. Rivera is the real thing.

No divas, no winney players, no "me me me" attitude. NOBODY in this organization had taken such a critical decision in 20 years.

Maybe Marty cutting Jeff George in the first month of the 2001 season comes close. Maybe.

This is a great, great post and I'm really happy to see it stickied!

This time last year, even after Rivera's hiring, I was thinking of making basically the opposite post and titling it, "New Year's Disillusion."  Its contents would've been the evil counterparts to what you wrote, but frankly, I was so uninvested in the team at that point (disillusioned you could say) that I just didn't care to.  Then COVID-19 hit and our big moment of the year, drafting Chase Young, was then via Zoom.  No OTA's, no preseason, no real excitement in the offseason to get me riled up for the year.

Yet, here we are, and I haven't been more excited for this team since right before Griffin tore his ACL.  This team just seems to have a shift and be on a real track.  Thank you for posting this and putting my ineloquent thoughts into very well-put words.

• TK unpinned this topic
On 1/11/2021 at 9:45 AM, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I would agree that something moved. But I mean in an average season 7-9 doesn't make the playoffs so its kind of an anomaly for me. I think next year and what we do is the determining factor to whether or not I return back a greater deal. I've seen 7-9 before. I seen a close loss before. But since I wasn't old enough to remember the glory days and all I know is pain and heartache, I've got to see continuing progression. Can we win the east next year? That would move the needle more than anything 

While that’s true, this team was playing a lot better than most 7-9 teams imo. Once we got a bit of competent QB play from Alex, we were able to put together a pretty nice win streak. Had he stayed healthy, I believe we would have won at least 1 more game. 

Archived