Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Insomniac thread: 2020 - Week 15 - Welcomes the restless, die hard drunken fans!!!

zCommander

Huge game tomorrow. Can't wait! I am hoping our D stuffs Wilson back to Seattle. Hate them seachickens. Haskins needs to bring his A game (there is doubt that will actually happen). So I am hoping our D scores a TD or two instead. 

I am just going to just chill with some rum coke tonight while watching the second half of this Packers game. :)

HTTFT! :cheers:

• zCommander changed the title to The Insomniac thread: 2020 - Week 15 - Welcomes the restless, die hard drunken fans!!!

I can't believe how much more excited I continue to be with every week that passes.  Here's to Chase Young channeling ST21 again tomorrow and sending the Seachickens passing. 

Pandemonium is gonna set in after we win tomorrow. If and when that happens, this team will realize there is no ceiling to how far this defense can go. 

HTTMFR. 

Paloffs IS now. 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Man, funny how just 5 weeks ago people were messing with you about how silly these threads are, cause nobody should lose sleep over this team. Now look! We have important games in December worth losng sleep over! :D 

One should never give up hope on one's team. :)

I always root no matter what. Rooting for draft position or for the division and playoffs. :D

18 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I have eaten, imbibed,inhaled - Its been a good night boys. It's been a long time since I could feel certain the team wasn't going to throw up all over itself on game day. That alone feels like a win when the past is taken into account

But will you throw up all over yourself tomorrow after imbibing tonight, that’s the real question :) 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

But will you throw up all over yourself tomorrow after imbibing tonight, that’s the real question :) 

The proper terminology is "exbibing"

You imbibe, exbibe...don't ever rebibe.

Sentence use:

"Oh god...Haskins is back in at QB...I think I just exbibed in my mouth a bit"

Even if this game is a loss, it will be a hiccup for a team that is playing their hearts out for their coach and their starting QB.  No other team in the league comes close to the feel good story of Alex Smith and a coach battling cancer.  Im starting to believe that sort of thing really matters to players, makes decent players play great and more importantly makes units play great together.  The front 7 looks like a video game for crying out loud. 

Wilson is perfectly capable of taking a game over (late in the game usually) and our offense is going to be suspect.  But not a single player on the Football Team is going to give up.  That's why these tipped balls keep happening, that's why we finally recover fumbles, that's why stupid penalties are down (knock on wood).  It will take all of that and probably more to get this win, and I'm sure coach is telling them that, and I'm sure for the first time in a long time the players will really listen.

Feel-good stuff aside... Dwayne needs to forget about how strong his arm is and channel his inner Alex Smith.  Offenses work and win in this league until defenses figure them out, and last I checked, we were winning with Alex Smith and he's laughing at folks who call him a game manager.  We were drastically different and losing on offense when Alex had his injury a couple years ago and we saw that drastic difference last week.  If he's such a boring game manager, then just try to do what he does.  We don't need the explosive 200 yard game from Terry, we don't need the QB to run like Mahomes. Replicate that boring ass Alex Smith football and let the defense make a play because they will.  A single turnover might lose this game.  

I've been complaining that this team doesn't have an offensive identity.  But they do.  And it only works with Alex Smith, so Dwayne please don't try to be a hero.  It has to improve in the future, it has to become a bit explosive, but in the meantime?  Crappy division, take it nice and easy...even if you lose...finish the 3 remaining games the way Alex plays.  Mostly boring.  Just win.  🍻 cheers.

12 minutes ago, zskins said:

I like coffee too though.

That explains the insomniac thread...

rm-2020-10-06.png.292d30b66107c80ff2e1dbb26e62869f.png

6 minutes ago, Dirt said:

I've been complaining that this team doesn't have an offensive identity.  But they do.  And it only works with Alex Smith, so Dwayne please don't try to be a hero.  It has to improve in the future, it has to become a bit explosive, but in the meantime?  Crappy division, take it nice and easy...even if you lose...finish the 3 remaining games the way Alex plays.  Mostly boring.  Just win.  🍻 cheers.

Sounds like a game plan to me.  Well said.  Cheers :cheers:

Living in Seattle, I had to watch the game 4 years ago at a neighbor's house because our power was out.  He was a yuuuuge Seachokes fan.  And we won due their missed FG, right?  LOL!!!

Agree with everyone else.  I rewatched the Philly game to search and scan for answers about Haskins.  One thing stuck out... while we were trailing 0-17, the intensity of the defense never waned.  The guys were slapping each other and giving hi-fives despite Dwayne's 3-and-Outs and even after throwing a pick.  The D just kept running onto the field... and did their part to secure our win (heck, got three takeaways and 8 sacks against Wentz).

That's the difference in this team in as long as I can remember... heck, maybe back to Gibbs II era.  This is a team and not a collection of pro athletes.

In the 4th Quarter of the SF game... I was a nervous wreck just staring at the game clock tick off critical seconds (from 14:59 on down).  When was the last time you felt those nerves as a fan??!?  The love is back.  I can feel pleasure once again as it's been locked away and numb all these years... we care again.

Hail!!!

Archived