Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tracking former Trump officials

TheGreatBuzz

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Jenna Ellis may have once been a legit lawyer, but that stopped and she became a political apparatchik once she started pushing the false election conspiracy theories (poorly) disguised as legal arguments after Trump lost.  So, for her, losing her law license doesn't really matter, and someone in the political arena will likely hire her for a job or she'll like, have a podcast or other grift that is politically adjacent and she'll hint at having legal expertise without actually claiming to be a barred attorney (or maybe she still has a license in another state). 

She'll have to move to a state like Idaho for work, since only MAGA clients would hire her.

I keep hoping these people wake up and have an epiphany and realize how they paid the price while Trump gets away with everything. But I doubt it will happen soon.

If Trump wins, I'm sure she'll get a senior post in the Department of Justice.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

15 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

She'll have to move to a state like Idaho for work, since only MAGA clients would hire her.

I keep hoping these people wake up and have an epiphany and realize how they paid the price while Trump gets away with everything. But I doubt it will happen soon.

If Trump wins, I'm sure she'll get a senior post in the Department of Justice.

I'm pretty sure she broke with Trump and said not-nice things about him. 

9 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

They know it. It is the risk they are willing to take.

They think they're going to win. She is a casualty in their war.
And she, like any fanatic believes that they will be rewarded with power when they win. Once they realize they are cannon fodder, like she has, it's way too late.

~Bang

• Like 2

Senate Democrats Launch Probe Of Foreign Payments To Jared Kushner’s Firm

Democrats are increasing their scrutiny of Jared Kushner’s business activities.

Senate Finance Committee chair Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) asked Kushner’s firm, Affinity Partners, for details about its investors on Wednesday, including the $2 billion it received from the Saudi Arabian government’s Public Investment Fund in 2021.

“Mr. Kushner’s limited track record as an investor, including his nonexistent experience in private equity or hedge funds, raise questions regarding the investment strategy behind the seeding investments and lucrative compensation that Affinity received from the Saudi PIF and other sovereign wealth funds,” Wyden wrote.

A panel that screens investments for the Saudi sovereign wealth fund warned against investing with Kushner, given his inexperience in finance, but the full board, led by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, overruled the panel, The New York Times reported in 2022.

Kushner advised Trump on foreign affairs, guided his administration to embrace Saudi Arabia as an ally, and remained in close contact with the crown prince even after he was implicated in the dismembering of American journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

“The Saudi PIF’s decision to invest $2 billion in Affinity so soon after Kushner’s departure from the Trump White House raises concerns that the investment was a reward for official actions Kushner took to benefit the Saudi government, including preventing accountability for the Saudi government ordering the brutal murder of journalist and American citizen Jamal Khashoggi,” Wyden wrote.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...

In 2021, retired Gen. Michael T. Flynn, Donald J. Trump’s first national security adviser, became chairman of a 75-year-old nonprofit organization — the kind of small charity where chairmen typically work for free. 

But Mr. Flynn received a salary of $40,000, for working two hours per week. 

The next year, he got a raise: $60,000, for two hours. 

Mr. Flynn’s charity also paid one of his brothers, two of his sisters, his niece and his sister-in-law. By the end of its second year, his nonprofit group, America’s Future Inc., was running in the red, burning through reserves — and still paying $518,000, or 29 percent of its budget, to Flynns.