Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Game Day Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Among other things, his patience and vision were a thing of beauty.

Midway through the run, he literally slows down to about half speed, to allow the blocking and lanes to develop.

Erik McCoy hoofing his big ass downfield, calling out for Kamara to wait for him to get in front, and then giving Kamara the tools to beat two more defenders en route to the end zone...  moments like that are why I love the NFL.  When these dudes are good, they live and die with this game.

The thing that absolutely blows me away about Kamara are his hips and feet (no homo).  He has some of the best balance I've ever seen.  The way he just kind of hops and sits on that tackler on that play and then perfectly keeps his feet and keeps running was Elven.  The way he flips his hips with no effort and contorts his legs with perfect control is absolutely freakish.  Noticed it on his other TD too.  He took the contact and flipped around onto his back and extended the ball into the end zone backwards to get those final two yards like he was riding a slip n slide.  But in doing so, he also lifts the lifts his leg on the opposite side of where he took the contact well off the ground so that knee never touched the ground.  That was crazy.  The defender got to his outside hip two yards shy of the end zone.  That is the kind of tackle that stones forward progress on a normal player.  Kamara just kind of flipped off of him in order to bounce into the end zone.

He's a next level player who is healthy and in his prime right now.  It's a treat to watch.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The thing that absolutely blows me away about Kamara are his hips and feet (no homo).  He has some of the best balance I've ever seen.  The way he just kind of hops and sits on that tackler on that play and then perfectly keeps his feet and keeps running was Elven.  The way he flips his hips with no effort and contorts his legs with perfect control is absolutely freakish.  Noticed it on his other TD too.

I don't know if you saw the clips they showed of his personal training, but it's so training-specific, that it targets feats just like the ones you described.

He probably utilized and reaped the benefits of all those drills, all on that one run.

It's those kinds of levels of commitment, is what I think puts him on another level, and wish our players did similar things.

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

they won’t, because brees has shown he can lead his team down the field for a comeback. Haskins and our complete lack of talent outside of mclaurin, haven’t been able to show that yet 

No one will ever get a chance to show they can do it unless they are allowed to try. That's twice in a row now Ron has tapped out early. Arizona with the ball up 27-15 on their final drive of the game, used timeouts before we did!  Actually, we never used any.

It's odd to see fans wanting our football team to give up down 7 with 4 minutes left. We watch entire games, for those high drama final 4 minutes. 

And that's twice now he risked injury to our prized rookie Gibson by running him up the gut, to end both games. It's bizarre, almost like some new advanced stat analysis shows timeouts are useless.

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Erik McCoy hoofing his big ass downfield, calling out for Kamara to wait for him to get in front, and then giving Kamara the tools to beat two more defenders en route to the end zone...  moments like that are why I love the NFL.  When these dudes are good, they live and die with this game.

The thing that absolutely blows me away about Kamara are his hips and feet (no homo).  He has some of the best balance I've ever seen.  The way he just kind of hops and sits on that tackler on that play and then perfectly keeps his feet and keeps running was Elven.  The way he flips his hips with no effort and contorts his legs with perfect control is absolutely freakish.  Noticed it on his other TD too.  He took the contact and flipped around onto his back and extended the ball into the end zone backwards to get those final two yards like he was riding a slip n slide.  But in doing so, he also lifts the lifts his leg on the opposite side of where he took the contact well off the ground so that knee never touched the ground.  That was crazy.  The defender got to his outside hip two yards shy of the end zone.  That is the kind of tackle that stones forward progress on a normal player.  Kamara just kind of flipped off of him in order to bounce into the end zone.

He's a next level player who is healthy and in his prime right now.  It's a treat to watch.

excellent post but none of it makes me feel any better about picking Kamara over CMac last year in my draft and entirely missing the playoffs over it 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

excellent post but none of it makes me feel any better about picking Kamara over CMac last year in my draft and entirely missing the playoffs over it 

I did the same thing and my wife picked one slot after me and got CMC.  FF is a crapshoot.  A fool's errand.  A mummer's farce.

Archived