Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fans or no fans?

hail2skins

I saw that the Raiders have announced that they will play the 2020 home slate at their new stadium in Vegas with no fans. 

I know that there have been reports of other teams indicating that there will be no fans, like Philly, although I think that was more of a city decision. I remember Baltimore saying that they were preparing for a scenario where there would be at most 14K allowed in.

I guess my main question is whether "fans or no fans" is going to be a league policy. Like, are there going to be some places where fans are allowed, or is it the case where if one spot has no fans, then the rest of the league wont either?

The last I heard, the league was leaving it up to the teams to decide - however if the individual team opts to allow fans, they still have to abide by certain strict league restrictions, like no fans in the first few rows, which is sure to flatten the curve.

In addition, the team must also abide by any state enforcement, for example, Texas Governor limits Dallas to 45,000 fans.

Just please - no cardboard fans.

They should really make it no fans at all. It would be a huge contradiction if they allowed them. And it's going to be hard enough to create a season without fans, so adding fans increases the likelihood of it cancelling, or at least increases complications, IMO

Archived