Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was the first thing to enter your mind when your heard the news?

B&G

As little faith as I had in him achieving anything meaningful next year.... I was really hoping against hope that he would prove himself to be the 'genius' that he was supposed to be coming out of college.

But I do have to admit that I have more faith in getting somewhere sooner than later now that a new staff will be coming aboard next year. Even though I have NO faith that our record next year will be any better than it was this year, at least there is some comfort in the idea that MAYBE this next HC and staff will get it right...

I was relieved that it had happened so soon and so painlessly for the team and the OBC. I was expecting a standoff between Spurrier and Snyder over the $15mil, with things dragging out and Spurrier going late in the offseason, or reluctantly staying through next season. Having SOS resign now is the best thing that could have happened, IMHO, since I no longer think he can cut it in the NFL.

I was pissed. I just got back to Chucktown last night and settled in. Checked the board when I got home, made dinner, watched some college football and other crap on tv and went to bed.

I get dozens of calls this morning. Everyone I knew was trying to call me to ask what I had heard or to rub it in my face. When I finally woke to answer the phone, (will be consistantly sleeping in until 12pm until next week:cool:) my roomate is yelling "dude did you hear?" Of course I didn't believe him, it's me coming to him with the scoops usually. I called him on bull**** for about a half hour until he held his cellphone up to espn radio out of Tennesee----

I was pissed. I thought "what a quitter." Something is not right about this. Went throught he same torture as most reading all the posts of "SOS quits", "SOS doesn't quit.

Then it hit me. We are a crap franchise now.

I still feel the same.

Originally posted by Blade

As little faith as I had in him achieving anything meaningful next year.... I was really hoping against hope that he would prove himself to be the 'genius' that he was supposed to be coming out of college.

What little respect I had left for him is now officially gone. He had been successful wherever he has been and I thought he would at least stick it out for one more year. Remember, winners never quit and quitters never win. I will remember him not only as a bad coach but as a quitter. Good riddance, Steve.

Happy and embarassed for this organization this clown was touted as the best thing since sliced bread, he was given the biggest payday a coach has ever gotten and he turns out to be the bigest flop. He did not even have the guts to hold a press conference and own up to his decision, he has his agent Sexton do it and even that was done halfa$$ed. Just typical of his tenure here in DC. Glad he is gone he had no clue what it took to be successful at this level.

Surprised and dissappointed. There's so much more too him than what he showed here. I think he would make an excellent OC anywhere, since he doesn't have the media scrutiny.

He faced a ton of criticism at UF after losing his last three games about four years ago. He came back and more then answered his critics. I just don't think he figured he could win with Snyder and Cerrato. I believe he wanted to do what was best for the team, despite quitting before his three year pledge.

I was looking foward to him putting the fun back in the NFL sooner or later.

Originally posted by TC4

I thought......

"Gee it's gonna be a b!tch getting on ExtremeSkins to check out the Daily Babe today with all the traffic that will be on there because Spurrier got fired"

We've got some funny ppl on this board, but this is one of the funniest things Ive read in a while. Nice timing.

:cheers:

Archived