Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For all the Spurrier Bashers

jbooma

know maybe in several years he'll be fine.....but wash is impatient as we've endured a decade of hell and 7 years of that cancer Norvola.....if we had no talent and big name coaches we'd have no expectation and be fine with letting spurrier take his time. It did take Belichek,Shanahan and others time to develop their craft at head coaching after big failures on Clev and Oak respectively so it wouldn't shock me for Steve to succeed later......but no reason to crush skins fans later if it happens elsewhere as HC turnover is rampant every year in the league

Originally posted by RabidFan

but wash is impatient as we've endured a decade of hell and 7 years of that cancer Norvola

We are not going to get any better dropping HC's all the time. Things also won't get better until we get a GM to run the show :(

Originally posted by Equality

Why do you say that? Do you have an actual reason? I agree that we need a GM but if you have seen even one of Spurriers post game conferences you would know why he needs to be gone.

Spurrier has always been like that. He doesn't like talking to the media so he says stupid things.

Another deluded fan of SOS. Spurrier has show absolutely nothing

,except incompetence, as the NFL goes. Hell, I'd be surprised if he could hack it as an O-coordinator anywhere. He's not perceptive, cannot relate or coach to players in a effective manner, seems very confused all the time, his performance is as abysmal as we've had here in a long time. Unfortunately, Snyder screwed the fans yet again with this illogical hire and we will suffer until either SOS walks or Snyder relents and pays SOS off. I really wonder what Spurriers IQ is.

Originally posted by aREDSKIN

Anothe deluded fan of SOS. Spurrier has show absolutely nothing

BS, after the Dallas lose a team that has lost their coach would have given up. We played hard yesterday just didn't win. You can't blame that on coaching.

When are you guys going to realize we are not a good team, we haven't been all season. Every skins fan expects playoffs every year but guess what we are a shorthanded team. We have no RB we have rookies who are playing qb. We don't have one good DL on our team. We have suspect safetys. We play our 2 best players in the wrong position all the time, (Lavar and Trotter).

We are not a good team, period. Everyone says look what Parcells has done in Dallas, newsflash he didn't do anything to the defense, kept it the same added williams and now they are the #1 ranked. They were good last year as well just didn't have that playmaker like Williams.

Spurrier consistently puts up 20+ points, but our defense blows. Until the Skins can figure out their defensive blunders, and get a real Def Coord., the Skins will never win. Spurrier gives the defense a chance to win almost every week, but our defense can't get it done. Something has to change, and it's not Spurrier.

Originally posted by jbooma

When are you guys going to realize we are not a good team, we haven't been all season. Every skins fan expects playoffs every year but guess what we are a shorthanded team. We have no RB we have rookies who are playing qb. We don't have one good DL on our team. We have suspect safetys. We play our 2 best players in the wrong position all the time, (Lavar and Trotter).

@ 5 million a year I expect much more from Spurrier. A lot of what you post is the responsibility of a HC. Spurrier has shown me nothing except incompetence.

@ 5 million a year I expect much more from Spurrier. A lot of what you post is the responsibility of a HC. Spurrier has shown me nothing except incompetence.

Our problems is with defense.

last year we kept teams under 24 points 9 times this year we did it 5.

BS, after the Dallas lose a team that has lost their coach would have given up. We played hard yesterday just didn't win. You can't blame that on coaching.

We are not a good team, period. Everyone says look what Parcells has done in Dallas, newsflash he didn't do anything to the defense, kept it the same added williams and now they are the #1 ranked. They were good last year as well just didn't have that playmaker like Williams.

Just exactly when does coaching kick-in, Booma?

Your argument is getting very old. Give it a rest.

Actually, the problem with SOS is that he doesn't know NFL football. What he does know is his FNG offense. When the FNG failed, he had little in the way of NFL level knowlege to fall back on and little experience at O.C. to use as a crutch either.

He may go elsewhere and develop into a decent NFL coach. However, I don't think that'll happen. This job was a retirement plan for him. I don't think he'll go anywhere after this but straight to a golf course.

Originally posted by codeorama

We are just not a very talented team. Face it, that's the facts. On offense, we have a very bright future, the average age is pretty young. But with No D line, how can you expect the defense to be any good.

Spurrier is a football coach, not a magician.

Good point Code… Given a little time and a RB that can stay healthy, the offense should do pretty well. I am still not convinced that Spurier’s system as is will work in the NFL, especially against good defenses. Not saying that he won’t ever be a successful coach. He obviously has some more tinkering to do, however.

Totally agree about the defense. That is what happens when you virtually ignore a portion of your team in the offseason.

Why is the amount of money he makes material? Are you paying all of his salary. :laugh:

He took what Snyder offered. Can't blame him for that. It doesn't make a difference, as it doesn't count against the cap.

It seemed to me like his passing game worked pretty well yesterday. And this was against a solid defense - one that held the Vikings, the top offense in the NFL statistically, to only 10 points the previous week. If Hasselbeck put two more throws yesterday on target (to Gardner and McCants), they would have had 11 more points. Spurrier can't make the throws, too.

For his offense to click, Spurrier needs a QB to make the correct throws on time and accurately. Without that, well, we've seen the results. If he has that, though, he can get it going. Execution is the key. The offense is very demanding of the QB.

I'd like to see what another offseason of work can produce. I'm fairly confident that the offense will come around.

The defense is another story. It just can't stop the other team in crunch time.

If he does leave and go to Miami and win a superbowl non of you are allowed to cry over spilt milk this time. You should all eat the crow you will be eating. Believe it or not Spurrier will make it in the NFL when he as GM running the show.

:laugh: oh Silly rabbit, join the mob....

Spurrier must go

Umm...didn't the pukes have Williams last year? Also, didn't the Pukes look woefully untalented last year? They have basically the same personel this year and they're a legit playoff team.

I know it's not fair to compare SOS to Parcells b/c Parcells is a real, legit coach, but The Pukes are winning with a young qb and no RB.

Archived